Text Size

College Sports Arena

Mullens to the NBA

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Mullens to the NBA

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Mullens is one and done.

The 7-foot freshman announced Thursday he would declare himself available for the NBA Draft, the fifth Buckeyes player in the last three seasons to leave after playing one year.

The Columbus-area native averaged 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds, and shot 64 percent from the field to set a school freshman record.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... y/11553196

Personally, I thought another year in school would help him out.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Mullens to the NBA

Unread postby waborat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm

I would have been more surprised if he would have stayed
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:57 pm

waborat wrote:I would have been more surprised if he would have stayed

Yeah, not saying I expected him to stay, but I think another year in college would have helped his overall development. Kid had a hard life, can't really blame him for grabbing the $$ as soon as he could.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby jordan kramer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:20 pm

B.J., meet your NBA future. have fun gettin shit on by the best players in the world
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby furls » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Wow, Bradley has had more sets of balls on his chin than Jenna Jamison.

BJ should go. He is a first rounder. Another year makes him a lotto pick, but the kid comes from nothing, so who am I to tell him he should continue to have nothing? Best of luck to the kid. It is going to be a tough road for him, but he has the physical attributes to succeed, moreso than Koufos.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jordan kramer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Furls wrote:Wow, Bradley has had more sets of balls on his chin than Jenna Jamison.

BJ should go. He is a first rounder. Another year makes him a lotto pick, but the kid comes from nothing, so who am I to tell him he should continue to have nothing? Best of luck to the kid. It is going to be a tough road for him, but he has the physical attributes to succeed, moreso than Koufos.

at least Koufos had a little bit of a shot and a post move or two. Mullens is nothing but an over-hyped stiff from the start. he was 7 ft. in high school playing against nobodies. he was far overrated coming out of HS, and has done virtually nothing at tOSU. he wasn't ready for the big ten what makes him think he's even close to being ready for the National Basketball Association? mark my words he will go down as a top 5 stiff of all time, and i'm glad i don't have to watch him play for the Buckeyes anymore
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby onlyindreams » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 pm

jordan kramer wrote:
B.J., meet your NBA future. have fun gettin shit on by the best players in the world

That wouldn't be too bad, Bradley made $69,580,000 in his career. He had a decent career, he just didn't meet the high expectations of a top 3 pick. He was an excellent shot blocker, but got posterized a lot too.

Leaving after 1 year isn't the best thing for Mullens b-ball development, but if he's a high first rounder he'll be set for life.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby pup » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:03 pm

jordan kramer wrote:
Furls wrote:Wow, Bradley has had more sets of balls on his chin than Jenna Jamison.

at least Koufos had a little bit of a shot and a post move or two. Mullens is nothing but an over-hyped stiff from the start. he was 7 ft. in high school playing against nobodies. he was far overrated coming out of HS, and has done virtually nothing at tOSU. he wasn't ready for the big ten what makes him think he's even close to being ready for the National Basketball Association? mark my words he will go down as a top 5 stiff of all time, and i'm glad i don't have to watch him play for the Buckeyes anymore

Wow. Bitter much. BJ Mullens today is three times the player Doufus is today. Give him two years to develop in the NBA and he will be the best big coming out of Columbus. Better than KK and Oden.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm

He'd have been better off staying a year and letting his balls grow a little. He's too timid for the NBA.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby CP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Mullens' NBA development is largely dependent upon who takes him and whether they invest the necessary time in him before throwing him out there to develop a lot of bad habits. Look at that youtube of Bradley. For someone who was 7'6" he sure as hell swung his arm a lot. No need for someone that tall to be hacking the shit out of everyone. Put your hands straight up, jump straight in the air and alter the shot.

It's a crime that Bradley never had the proper defensive coaching for a big man younger in his career. People always look at his physical deficiencies (ie his inability to gain muscle mass) but the guy could have been a beast on the floor with his size on both ends of the floor if he would have just learned proper defensive technique and a couple of consistent offensive post moves.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:55 pm

top ten pick

o well good ridence learn how to shoot free throws
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 pm

hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am

osucrazy18 wrote:top ten pick

o well good ridence learn how to shoot free throws

Yeah, good riddance. I mean, why would you want them to keep the same team together more than one year in a row?

Have fun watching the Bucks get knocked out in the first round next year. If they get in at all, that is.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am

HermanFontenot wrote:Image

+1

That f*cking Phillips avatar brings a smirk to my face everytime too, not that I'm a fan of his, but it just does, that smile is so goofy, just thought I'd get that off my chest.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 am

Has to be a tough decision to make, knowing you can make millions at the next level. Must be nice knowing that if you are nearly seven feet tall, you can become a millionaire solely for that attribute. The kid is a project but I see him being more successful in NBA than Koufos.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:36 am

onlyindreams wrote:
jordan kramer wrote:

That wouldn't be too bad, Bradley made $69,580,000 in his career.

So what? jenna's still getting roylaties.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:39 am

He's on more posters than Farrah & Cheryl Tiegs in the 70's combined.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby neoleo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:01 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:Yeah, good riddance. I mean, why would you want them to keep the same team together more than one year in a row?

Have fun watching the Bucks get knocked out in the first round next year. If they get in at all, that is.

Ohio State is losing only Mullens (averaged only 20 minutes per game) and will get David Lighty back (played only the first 9 games and team was 9-0). The team didn't have a senior on the roster and started a freshman, three sophomores and a juco point guard after Lighty went down.

This was the year that they should have been a border line NCAA team. They'll be picked in the top three of the Big Ten next year.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:55 pm

two words - chris washburn.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Return to College Sports Arena