Text Size

College Sports Arena

CSU/Arizona

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

CSU/Arizona

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Come on Vikes!!!!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: CSU/Arizona

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:39 pm

HELL YEAH!!!!
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Key comes down to how Eric Mudd can handle David Robinson in the paint. Need a big game shooting from McFadden ... Ransey has to be able to create off the dribble.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Swerb wrote:Key comes down to how Eric Mudd can handle David Robinson in the paint. Need a big game shooting from McFadden ... Ransey has to be able to create off the dribble.

Can't let Navy's other players get off. Kylor Whitaker and Vernon Butler will have to be contained.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:15 pm

No no boys. That one is next week.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:33 pm

lets do this baby!!!!!!!!!
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Refs calling it close. Lots of touch fouls.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Just like against Utah, Arizona putting a considerable amount of pressure on the Vikes. Not letting them get into any kind of flow offensively.

Thing I can't get over is how this Zona team lost 13 games this year, and didn't win anything away from home.

Talented, talented team. No wonder Pennell isn't being considered for the full time gig.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Damage » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Zona is so talented and athletic but are extremely undisciplined. We'll see how things pan out. I fully expected Zona to come out strong.
"I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind."
Damage

Favorite Player: Terrell Brandon
Least Favorite Player: Joe Table

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:21 pm

i thought for sure that Wake was going to give us a harder time than Arizona.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby No Mistake » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Wise and Budinger are starting to get into a little foul trouble. Maybe we can get it closer by halftime.
Hunting Trip, Gainesville, Summer 2007: Anyone know of any good Gator bait?
No Mistake

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:38 pm

CSU can't shoot.
buckeye319

Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby No Mistake » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:40 pm

yep. it would really help to get a three to fall.
Hunting Trip, Gainesville, Summer 2007: Anyone know of any good Gator bait?
No Mistake

Unread postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Swerb wrote:Just like against Utah, Arizona putting a considerable amount of pressure on the Vikes. Not letting them get into any kind of flow offensively.

Thing I can't get over is how this Zona team lost 13 games this year, and didn't win anything away from home.

Talented, talented team. No wonder Pennell isn't being considered for the full time gig.

Pennell isn't being considered because Zona made clear to him since day one that after the season they were going out to get a top named coach if possible.

Zona's problem this season has been they are top notch at three positions and have no depth after six or seven.

The bad news is that the Cats got themselves into deep foul trouble in the first half. The good news is that they went into the half 10 points up with the big three well rested because of the foul troubles.
I never learn anything if everyone always agrees with me.
Jennifer

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I want to believe.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 pm

What's with all three point attempts?

Seriously, they are 1/17 from the field. :hide:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby CavsFan23 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:33 pm

I've seen 5 WIDE OPEN three point attempts missed, 2 by Bullock, 2 by Montgomery and 1 by Jackson. With 7 min left I say don't even shoot another 3 pointer again. Those missed open 3 pointers are killing me..

LETS GO CLEVELAND STATE!!! WE ARE STILL IN THIS!
CavsFan23

Least Favorite Player: N/A

Unread postby CP » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:40 pm

no problem at all with the drive and kick 3s but those other deep jumpers have to stop
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Great season Vikes. Backcourt should be real good once again next season with Cole, Harmon, Montgomery. Cole should be preseason All-Horizon and fun to watch. Hopefully this run helps them land a couple bigs that can contribute immediately.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Swerb wrote:Great season Vikes. Backcourt should be real good once again next season with Cole, Harmon, Montgomery. Cole should be preseason All-Horizon and fun to watch. Hopefully this run helps them land a couple bigs that can contribute immediately.

Excuse me! Where is the congragulations to your Wildcat posters?
Jennifer

Unread postby CP » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Screw the Wildcat posters. :)

Seriously I had Arizona over CSU in my bracket and I'd rather have been wrong.
CP

Unread postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:14 pm

CP wrote:Screw the Wildcat posters. :)

But you're wrong so often. Isn't it nice to have been right at least once this decade. :wow:
Jennifer

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:45 pm

what a season, way to give it everything you had at the end.Hopefully this helps with recruiting :cheers:
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Very proud of the Vikes.
Very proud of Gary Waters, Coach D and the staff.
They certainly represented well. Gary's teams always play together and with a lot of heart. Gary instills a lot of "family" into his program. And it shows on the court. In this day and age of prima donna Div I athletes, a "family" attitude is hard to achieve.

If only they could buy an open jumper or two. The way Zona was playing, you were gonna have to make some Js to win the game.

BTW, I missed Rutgers' game in the "dance." Did anyone catch it???
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:13 pm

One hell of a ride for the Vikes.. Hopefully next season CSU will sell a shitload of more tickets. I also hope that Gary Waters hasnt gotten as popular as Bruce Pearl was, and skates out of Cleveland. I truly think that Gary wants to be here.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby jonne99 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Arizona played rather dirty all game. I'm not saying CSU should have beat them, but there were a lot of times when Viking players were getting tossed down and out of the way (main culprit: chase surfer dude) from what seemed like excessive contact. I'm glad our players didn't bitch but kept playing hard. They played well, but their shots weren't dropping when they needed to.
but in no place is the pain like Cleveland's: all-encompassing, multi-generational, redundant and unique at once.
---Scott Raab of Deadspin
jonne99

Favorite Player: jamie
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Swerb wrote:Just like against Utah, Arizona putting a considerable amount of pressure on the Vikes. Not letting them get into any kind of flow offensively.

Pennell isn't being considered because Zona made clear to him since day one that after the season they were going out to get a top named coach if possible.

Zona's problem this season has been they are top notch at three positions and have no depth after six or seven.

The bad news is that the Cats got themselves into deep foul trouble in the first half. The good news is that they went into the half 10 points up with the big three well rested because of the foul troubles.

This is very true.

Which would make it IMPERATIVE, in a game in which you've cruised the whole first half, and your oppnent can't even get into their offensive sets that you are careful with the two of three that had two fouls.

They should have never been on that floor save a CSU run toward the end of the half.

I don't know the guy, nor his situation, but that was a break for the Vikes.

In the end, this is CSU. Limited offensively. If they shoot like Friday they can beat anyone in the country, they just don't do it enough.

Good ride for them
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby CP » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:

But you're wrong so often. Isn't it nice to have been right at least once this decade. :wow:

Well if it helps, congrats on getting the chance to get humiliated by Louisville in the coming days, because that's what was going to happen anyway. At least CSU can claim that they were the reason that Wake Forest was the only 4 seed to not win a game.

I've enjoyed rooting against Arizona since they were the first 2 seed to get knocked off by a 15. The joy of watching that game and root for the underdog was fun. Add to it that Agent Zero is an alum of Wildcat basketball and it's easy to root against you... :spar:
CP

Unread postby stretch51 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Must have been something in the Ohio NCAA Team Water.

Dayton couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn.

Sorry to hear about CSU. I was rooting for them big-time. I hope Gary Waters sticks around.

I wish they would play Akron though in a rotating schedule.
stretch51

Favorite Player: Joe Jakubick
Least Favorite Player: Loy Vaught

Unread postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:29 pm

jonne99 wrote:Arizona played rather dirty all game. I'm not saying CSU should have beat them, but there were a lot of times when Viking players were getting tossed down and out of the way (main culprit: chase surfer dude) from what seemed like excessive contact. I'm glad our players didn't bitch but kept playing hard. They played well, but their shots weren't dropping when they needed to.

Guess we were watching really different games. I saw both teams being pretty aggresive with the one player that looked like it might be dirty (the eye injury) on reply clearly showing that it wasn't a shot to the head but the Viking player leaning into it after the initial contact.
Jennifer

Unread postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:39 pm

CP wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Well if it helps, congrats on getting the chance to get humiliated by Louisville in the coming days, because that's what was going to happen anyway. At least CSU can claim that they were the reason that Wake Forest was the only 4 seed to not win a game.

I've enjoyed rooting against Arizona since they were the first 2 seed to get knocked off by a 15. The joy of watching that game and root for the underdog was fun. Add to it that Agent Zero is an alum of Wildcat basketball and it's easy to root against you... :spar:

Beating Wake was not exactly a big thing because even before the start of the tournament many in the media were predicting Arizona would beat Wake if they met.

I expect Zona to lose to LU -- no big disgrace since they are overmatched against the number one seed in the tournament.

If you hate Zona you should most definitely stay away from my next TCF article. It tells the heart warming story of how the Cats made a 13 year o;d girl very happy.
Jennifer

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

Man, big props to Arizona on a well played game today. Constant pressure at the top on the ball, which kept the Viking already struggling offense way out of sync. The Vikings shot way to many 3s, meanwhile when they dribble penetrated they had success often. Wish they would have not fallen in love with the 3s so much and would have stuck to what was working. In the end though, Zona was just more talented and better.

Great season Vikings.....Waters has this program back on the map. I expect this to be the first of many NCAA tourney appearances for the Vikings the next several years.

Sad to see J'Nate and C-Jack go. C-Jack I would think can play in Europe and maybe get a chance in the NBDL. No shot though....but to me a very good ball handler and excellent defender. Hell, if Chris Duhon can play in the NBA, why can't C-Jack?

Very happy to see Chris Moore gone. :clap:
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 pm

You could see that one coming.

Arizona has to be the most generic college program of all time.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to College Sports Arena