Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Magini...get a clue!

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Magini...get a clue!

Unread postby blackbart58 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:42 am

I don't want Rogers gone...I want Mangini to quit being such a douche, get his head out of his ass...then draft BJ Raji...line those two monsters next to each other and watch the other teams O go to shiite!
blackbart58

Favorite Player: BQ
Least Favorite Player: DA

Re: Magini...get a clue!

Unread postby pup » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:13 am

Did Mangini state he didn't want Rogers and I missed it?

If not, get a second take.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby blackbart58 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:19 am

Pup wrote:Did Mangini state he didn't want Rogers and I missed it?

Actions speak louder than words. Mangini: "I'm too good to speak to riff raff". SR: "Okay, go fuck yourself, you play nose tackle you fatass"!
blackbart58

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:36 am

blackbart58 wrote:

Actions speak louder than words. Mangini: "I'm too good to speak to riff raff". SR: "Okay, go fuck yourself, you play nose tackle you fatass"!

link?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby blackbart58 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:40 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
blackbart58 wrote:

link?
Ha! "Two destroyers passing in the night"...how prophetic is that???
blackbart58

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:43 am

Mangini should be in Miami Beach right now helping Donte navigate these rough waters.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby pup » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:51 am

jfiling wrote:Mangini should be in Miami Beach right now helping Donte navigate these rough waters.

No. Stallworth stinks.

No better way to change the culture of crybabies and Those who think they are stars getting whatever they want, than to cave to the first one that cries and wants out.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby wts# » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:00 am

Pup wrote:
jfiling wrote:Mangini should be in Miami Beach right now helping Donte navigate these rough waters.

No better way to change the culture of crybabies and Those who think they are stars getting whatever they want, than to cave to the first one that cries and wants out.

Bullseye! He's under contract (a contract that he signed) and I'm sure this doesn't have anything to do with Haynesworth signing that big contract in Washington. Mangini is on the right track, especially with this situation. We should at least let him get to start coaching before we run him out on rails.
wts#

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 am

If you ask me, and I know know no one is asking, but Mangini and Rogers are both being idiots here. Rogers is being hypersensitive because his coach has yet to talk to him yet, and Mangini is being a jackass for not even contacting his best defensive player and someone we should be building the defense around.

Both need to get their heads out of their asses. I get Mangini may be trying to change the culture and everything with the Browns, but there is an over-stubborness with him I feel may present a problem in the future. I hope I am wrong.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:54 am

Consigliere wrote:If you ask me, and I know know no one is asking, but Mangini and Rogers are both being idiots here. Rogers is being hypersensitive because his coach has yet to talk to him yet, and Mangini is being a jackass for not even contacting his best defensive player and someone we should be building the defense around.

Both need to get their heads out of their asses. I get Mangini may be trying to change the culture and everything with the Browns, but there is an over-stubborness with him I feel may present a problem in the future. I hope I am wrong.

There's that balanced take you can count on from T.

You nailed it. Both are being stupid as Benz pointed out a couple weeks ago.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby pup » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am

JB wrote:
Consigliere wrote:If you ask me, and I know know no one is asking, but Mangini and Rogers are both being idiots here. Rogers is being hypersensitive because his coach has yet to talk to him yet, and Mangini is being a jackass for not even contacting his best defensive player and someone we should be building the defense around.

Can I ask a question?

If the name was Bill Cowher and not Eric Mangini, but the act was the same, would we be having this discussion? Or would Rogers just be acting the part of a crybaby, and Cowher is showing him who is boss?

I don't want the "Cowher wouldn't do this" response. I want to know where ya'll fall if it was Cowher. Or one of the Bills. Shanny?

I think some are letting their pre-conceived notions of Mangini get in the way.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby antikryct » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 am

Pup wrote:
JB wrote:

Can I ask a question?

If the name was Bill Cowher and not Eric Mangini, but the act was the same, would we be having this discussion? Or would Rogers just be acting the part of a crybaby, and Cowher is showing him who is boss?

I don't want the "Cowher wouldn't do this" response. I want to know where ya'll fall if it was Cowher. Or one of the Bills. Shanny?

If it was Cowher, I think everyone here would be looking at Big Baby like Denver's looking at Cutler right now...a whiny ass bitch.

Mangini should have talked to him on both occasions. It escapes me how they can be scheduled to appear at an event and _not_ know someone else from the team is participating. Whatever, maybe RAC was doing the scheduling and he viewed Mangini as a rookie and treated him accordingly. Once he'd been made aware of a rift he should extend a hand. I think I read that he had done that. If so...fuck it, water under the bridge.

Other than the whole event snubbing and associated fallout, I think Mangini shouldn't have to reach out to anyone. Best player or not. He came in, filled out his staff, and hit the Combine. He was obviously waiting for off season workouts to talk to people because they would all be there. I mean if he starts picking and choosing who to reach out to, he risks offending everyone he doesn't call.
antikryct

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:46 am

The bottom line is that we truly don't know what has happened between these two guys. If Kimbo Slice doesn't want to be here, tell him buh bye and see what you can get for him. Players play. Coaches coach. :sillies:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby blackbart58 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 am

fundamentals wrote:The bottom line is that we truly don't know what has happened between these two guys. If Kimbo Slice doesn't want to be here, tell him buh bye and see what you can get for him. Players play. Coaches coach. :sillies:
Mangini sucks though.
blackbart58

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 am

blackbart58 wrote:
fundamentals wrote:The bottom line is that we truly don't know what has happened between these two guys. If Kimbo Slice doesn't want to be here, tell him buh bye and see what you can get for him. Players play. Coaches coach. :sillies:
Mangini sucks though.

panic, panic, panic...

Orakpo= Wimbley II
Curry= Clifford Charleton
Mangini=Crennel

are you behind the scenes? Do YOU know what is going on between Mangini and Rogers? If so, please enlighten us with facts, not your opinion. I don't know who to blame in this, Rogers for being an insecure baby because he was "snubbed" or Mangini for "ignoring" his best defensive player. I can't pass judgement because I DON'T KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND WHAT WAS ACTUALLY SAID. Apparently you do so please, share.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

blackbart58 wrote:Mangini sucks though.

:bunny:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby BruceK » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:57 am

"Can I ask a question?

If the name was Bill Cowher and not Eric Mangini, but the act was the same, would we be having this discussion? Or would Rogers just be acting the part of a crybaby, and Cowher is showing him who is boss?"

Good thing Paul Brown isn't coaching now - everthing I've read about him says he was not friendly or outgoing with his players.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Pup wrote:[Can I ask a question?

They'd both still be jackasses.

This isn't about showing who is boss, this is about showing who is more stubborn and more a jackass. Seriously, how does not reaching out and at least forming some form of communication with your best player "showing who is boss"? It's fucking stupid. And Rogers is a whiny ass bitch too.

And I think some are giving way too much leeway for the new guy.

I liked the Mangini hiring. I'm willing to give him a chance. But I ain't gonna be blind to stupidity.
consigliere

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Pup wrote:
JB wrote:

Can I ask a question?

If the name was Bill Cowher and not Eric Mangini.

This would have never happened.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:14 pm

BruceK wrote:"Can I ask a question?

If the name was Bill Cowher and not Eric Mangini, but the act was the same, would we be having this discussion? Or would Rogers just be acting the part of a crybaby, and Cowher is showing him who is boss?"

Good thing Paul Brown isn't coaching now - everthing I've read about him says he was not friendly or outgoing with his players.

Which is how he got his ass fired, even back in 1962. His team turned on him and went to Modell as a group.

I'm not telling anyone how it should be. I'm just telling you how it is. The modern NFL is NOT a my-way or high-way proposition. Even Tuna had to put up with TO . It is not HS. It is not college. It is professional football.

The good ones; organizations and coaches, have cultures where this doesn't happen.

Coaches don't coach and players play on Sundays. They collaborate and coexist.

Channelling Dwight Schrute:

Fact: Shaun Rogers has a hostory of this "one year on play great, pout and quit" crappola. They knew that when yhey signed him.

Fact: Mangini is taking a new job after being fired and being < .500 in 3 seasons.

Opinion : Mangini is trying to come in and be a bad ass without the league cred. Good luck with that.

Opinion: He needs to instill a cultre of some discipline after the last mess.

Now what?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Consigliere wrote:

This isn't about showing who is boss, this is about showing who is more stubborn and more a jackass. Seriously, how does not reaching out and at least forming some form of communication with your best player "showing who is boss"? It's fucking stupid. And Rogers is a whiny ass bitch too.

I liked the Mangini hiring. I'm willing to give him a chance. But I ain't gonna be blind to stupidity.

I'd deal Rogers to the Reds for Jeff Stevens.

But I do recall a previous GM adding grease to his skids by not making a phone call.

And if any of you dudes out there have a chick, you either know or you'll figure out one day that a phone call saves you a lot of fucking headaches.

5 minutes on the fucking phone save you a lot of bullshit. Do you 'Have to'? Nope.
But then you end up right where this situation is now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Consigliere wrote:

But I do recall a previous GM adding grease to his skids by not making a phone call.

And if any of you dudes out there have a chick, you either know or you'll figure out one day that a phone call saves you a lot of fucking headaches.

There you go again being needlessly negative just becasue you love JJ . :lmfao:
jb

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Consigliere wrote:

5 minutes on the fucking phone save you a lot of bullshit. Do you 'Have to'? Nope.
But then you end up right where this situation is now.

http://www.slydial.com/

Or you can slydial your girl, it will go straight to her VM, you can still avoid actually talking unless she decides she wants to call you back, and it looks like you made more of an effort than just texting, sometimes it works, but the voice mail is always evidence that you "tried" calling. Maybe Mangini can try this.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

blackbart58 wrote:
Mangini sucks though.

Blackbart, that post is tied for the most analysis I have ever seen from you. Put some thought behind your "opinions" or don't bother.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Mangini, Lerner, Kokinis

:bag: Browns fans
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Dozen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:59 pm

We don't? It seems everyone here knows exactly how it went down. Rogers is a whiney bitch and Mangini sucks. Just read the thread, I must have missed when Rogers and Mangini did their interviews. And can we stop pretending the Browns Head coaching gig was attractive, the Browns are Mangini's rebound chick...................and yes he was the best available WILLLING TO COME HERE guy out there.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Dozen wrote:the Browns are Mangini's rebound chick...................and yes he was the best available WILLLING TO COME HERE guy out there.

Either that, or he was the apple of Lerner's eye. ;-) ;) :wink:
consigliere

Unread postby Dozen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Consigliere wrote:
Dozen wrote:the Browns are Mangini's rebound chick...................and yes he was the best available WILLLING TO COME HERE guy out there.

Either that, or he was the apple of Lerner's eye. ;-) ;) :wink:

Lerner sure as hell had a hard on for him no doubt, I'd bet anything he left that PC to contact him when he found out he was canned.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Brendan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:07 am

Somehow this is all David Delucci's fault. I'm sure of it.
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Paul Brown
Brendan

Favorite Player: Lebron/Victor/Cribbs

Unread postby blackbart58 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:46 am

Gotribe31 wrote:
blackbart58 wrote:
Mangini sucks though.

Blackbart, that post is tied for the most analysis I have ever seen from you. Put some thought behind your "opinions" or don't bother.
IMHO it just sums up the man...no need to go into a lot of discussion. I think you will eventually come around to that way of thinking.
blackbart58

Unread postby Mr. X » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 am

Brendan wrote:Somehow this is all Casey Blake's fault. I'm sure of it.

Agreed.
Mr. X

Favorite Player: Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Papelbon

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am

Head Coaches with Superbowls under their belts automatically command more respect, so, yeah, if Cowher were here I doubt we'd have this situation.

Also, Cowher seems (at this point in time) in being able to handle whiny bitch players better than Mangini.

Another thing to remember is you usually don't hear about whiny ass bitch punk players coming out of Shitsburgh. It drives me crazy, but their organization simply is better at sniffing those players out and getting rid of them, or simply not signing them in the first place.

This regime inherited the ballerina in spikes, now they have to deal with him. As I said in another thread (that was misinterpreted), I want Sean Rogers here. I want him to perform, I want him to kick some major ass. But, and I mean the very conditional BUT, if he's going to be a whiny bitch and sabotage things to "make a point," and generally not perform, then FUCK HIM and I hope he breaks a leg, gets a staph infection and ends up with a huge goiter on his face so he can have something real to cry about for a change. Skipping the workouts this week is petty (and that goes for Cutler, too, so I don't want that whiny bitch on my team either)

As for Mangini and the coaching staff, I'm in the camp that doesn't believe Bill Belichek's shit doesn't stink, and emulating his every asshole move isn't the way I'd want things run. But it all comes down to winning. If Mangini turns things around, I'll be happy. If fat bitch shows up and plays this year, I'll be happy.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:03 am

blackbart58 wrote:IMHO it just sums up the man...no need to go into a lot of discussion. I think you will eventually come around to that way of thinking.

How did you come up to this summation? Did you follow Mangini that closely in NYC? Or are you basing this off of the Rogers' incident and his few months in CTown? I am interested to know how you came to your in depth conclusion that Mangini (or Magini as you call him) sucks. Keep up the detailed and well-thought analysis for us.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:01 pm

lubber wrote:
blackbart58 wrote:IMHO it just sums up the man...no need to go into a lot of discussion. I think you will eventually come around to that way of thinking.

How did you come up to this summation? Did you follow Mangini that closely in NYC? Or are you basing this off of the Rogers' incident and his few months in CTown? I am interested to know how you came to your in depth conclusion that Mangini (or Magini as you call him) sucks. Keep up the detailed and well-thought analysis for us.

Don't lie Lub.

There is just no way you can be interested.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby DrPoove » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:
lubber wrote:

Don't lie Lub.

There is just no way you can be interested.

:lmfao:
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL