Text Size

TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions

thank you

Fire away! Your feedback is encouraged, and Swerb will address all questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns in here.

Moderators: The Tribe Zone, peeker643, swerb

thank you

Unread postby jonne99 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 pm

I just wanted to thank all of the writers, contributors and anyone else who makes this website possible (swerb, etc).

I stumbled upon this website on October 12, 2006 while I was on lunch at one of my 6th year pharmacy externships. I was sick of ingesting crappy writers like bud shaw, bill livingston, branson wright, and mary kay cabot. Those writers were closest to the team(s), yet wrote about nothing. Hell, i don't think they even know much anything about the actual sports that they cover.

Anyway, I found the clevelandfan.com. And I visit it every day.

The articles are extremely cerebral (even if not intended), sometimes funny, sometimes serious...but always entertaining. The writers actually know about sports and care about the respective teams.

There are certain staples that make up Cleveland. The Rock Hall, Jacobs field (sorry progressive laid off too many people for me to justify using it by that name), the science center, the free stamp that my father and I walk by before each browns game, and the flats and west side barstrip. I would like to add the cleveland fan.com to that list of staples...places every Clevelander should go.
but in no place is the pain like Cleveland's: all-encompassing, multi-generational, redundant and unique at once.
---Scott Raab of Deadspin
jonne99

Favorite Player: corban rogue&jay
Least Favorite Player: heather hill

Re: thank you

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm

jonne99 wrote:I just wanted to thank all of the writers, contributors and anyone else who makes this website possible (swerb, etc).

I stumbled upon this website on October 12, 2006 while I was on lunch at one of my 6th year pharmacy externships. I was sick of ingesting crappy writers like bud shaw, bill livingston, branson wright, and mary kay cabot. Those writers were closest to the team(s), yet wrote about nothing. Hell, i don't think they even know much anything about the actual sports that they cover.

Anyway, I found the clevelandfan.com. And I visit it every day.

The articles are extremely cerebral (even if not intended), sometimes funny, sometimes serious...but always entertaining. The writers actually know about sports and care about the respective teams.

There are certain staples that make up Cleveland. The Rock Hall, Jacobs field (sorry progressive laid off too many people for me to justify using it by that name), the science center, the free stamp that my father and I walk by before each browns game, and the flats and west side barstrip. I would like to add the cleveland fan.com to that list of staples...places every Clevelander should go.

jonne, that was one of the nicest compliments I've ever recieved as it relates to the site.

Thank you very much, and thanks for reading.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions