Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Pens/Caps Shootout

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Pens/Caps Shootout

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Just got done watching it, hate to say it, but Sid's goal was sick in the shootout, and Fleury is 9 for 9 now according to the FSN Pittsburgh crew in stopping a last shot in a shootout to save a win for the Pens, pretty impressive. Looks like the Pens are on a roll :-( :sad: :(
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Pens/Caps Shootout

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:Just got done watching it, hate to say it, but Sid's goal was sick in the shootout, and Fleury is 9 for 9 now according to the FSN Pittsburgh crew in stopping a last shot in a shootout to save a win for the Pens, pretty impressive. Looks like the Pens are on a roll :-( :sad: :(

Washington's in a bit of a tailspin. Pierre McGuire was talking on deadline day that Caps coach Bruce Boudreau is really worried that the team has gotten a bit egotistical with all the success this year. Their goaltending is an enormous question mark heading in to the postseason.

This brings an altogether different topic up though. I hate shootouts. There's no reason that a skills competition should decide a hockey game. Go 10 min 4 on 4 OT, and call it a tie. Baseball games don't end with a Home Run Derby. Basketball doesn't end with a slam dunk contest. I know it's a long season, but what's another 3 or 4 shifts for some of these athletes?

/end rant

Pittsburgh will make the playoffs and get bounced by whoever they play in the first round. They're simply not deep enough on defense.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:45 am

Another big shootout win by the Pens, this time with a sick goal by Malkin....and a very impressive shoutout win by the Jackets last night, big NHL night to go along with the big Cleveland sports night. Nine shutouts for Mason, impressive.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Unfortunately for the Penguins, there are no shootouts in the playoffs.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm getting a little nervous about my Caps. Ugh. Lucky to win in OT last night.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:11 pm

DrPoove wrote:I'm getting a little nervous about my Caps. Ugh. Lucky to win in OT last night.

Their goaltending is an enormous concern, as I'm sure you know.

For the most part, they're just putting it in cruise control. Carolina's not catching them and they're not going to finish above New Jersey.

They had 44 shots on goal last night Dr. I wouldn't be too concerned.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 am

Impressive win for the Jackets last night over the 'Hawks. I'm going to call my shot and say the Sens steal one in Pittsburgh tonight, as hot as the Pens have been, they haven't been dominant on home ice, just a hunch.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Return to The Neutral Zone