Text Size

College Sports Arena

Big Ten

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Big Ten

Unread postby pup » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:40 pm

Way to step up boys! 5 of 6 eliminated already, with only the Buckeyes left, but facing a tough matchup with G-Town. So much for being the best conference. I guess RPI doesn't mean much when it comes to tourney time.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Me personally, I think the Big Ten was affected this year by how tight the officials call the NCAA Tournament games.

In Big Ten play, they let these kids play. And it was the most physical conference in basketball this year.

Four games in particular that I watched (both OSU games, Iowas loss, and Indianas loss to Gonzaga) ... the refs called the action very tight. Time after time, Big Ten player helplessly argued with the officials on ticky tack bullshit.

Maybe I'm just bitter, or making too much of the games I saw ... but thats how it appeared to me.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:29 am

It appears as though all the major conferences were a bit overrated and there is parity like we have never seen in the NCAA. Hell, one guy makes a team like Bradley able to play with the big boys.

In any case, the Big Ten also fell victim to match ups. They got some TOUGH draws. Hell, Georgetown... as 7? Then the Bucks would have had the pleasure of a #3 Florida? Tennessee as a #2? I am pretty sure I could have done a better job seeding teams.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena