Text Size

TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions

formatted for Mobile

Fire away! Your feedback is encouraged, and Swerb will address all questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns in here.

Moderators: The Tribe Zone, peeker643, swerb

formatted for Mobile

Unread postby Stu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 pm

what would it take to get a mobile version of the forums going? mobile tcf would be ftw!
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: formatted for Mobile

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Im not sure Stu. Let me look into it.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 am

I've meant to ask about this for ages.

I have far less time to check this place on the real comp these days, mobile would be sweet.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Stu wrote:what would it take to get a mobile version of the forums going? mobile tcf would be ftw!

I am able to read and post on my Palm Treo 700P
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Stu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:07 pm

lubber wrote:
Stu wrote:what would it take to get a mobile version of the forums going? mobile tcf would be ftw!

i can read and post on my Q9C as well. it'd just be better if the forum had a mobile skin to make it easier. more text, less pics.
Stu

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Stu wrote:
lubber wrote:

i can read and post on my Q9C as well. it'd just be better if the forum had a mobile skin to make it easier. more text, less pics.

I checked into this. PHPBB is made by a team of coders, who basically volunteer their time and expertise, so that is the reason PHPBB is so 'bare-boned'.

There's a community of coders, who use PHPBB on their own sites, that create many of the extra's for use on their own site. Once they get their mod working, They send their mods to the PHPBB team, if it meets the PHPBB teams standards, they will then ok it for release to use on their PHPBB software...

98% of these mods are free....its considered a way of giving back to the community and to the PHPBB team for their work/efforts.

There's a mod for mobile use. But the guy wants a good chunk of change for it.....Stu is correct, it basically is a super scaled down theme that just pulls the essential info and nothing else.

Someone will get pissed, they won't pay for the mod, and will write one themselves, to pass it out for free. Its what usually happens... and usually its a better mod cause the guy will try to outdo the paid mod and force it to be worthless, so the community stays free....

There's still a coalition to keep the web free. Its a beautiful thing too. :yessss:

We can wait.
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Unread postby Stu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 am

that works for me. keep it on the back burner til you can get it for a good price. :thumb up:
Stu

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:24 pm

So, uh, anything ever happen with this? Just wondering because I am really interesting in moblie forums
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Return to TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions