Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Chuck E. Cheese

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Chuck E. Cheese

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Just got back from Chuck E. Cheese with my two year old kid. It's the first time I've been there in prolly 17-18 years, and it brought back some serious memories. And being half buzzed off four Chuck E Cheese Bud Light drafts, I feel like telling one of the favorite stories of my youth.

Im a 10-11 year old kid. My good buddy Tim and I (kindtim on the boards) used to love hangin' out there. Our parents would drop us off at like noon, pick us up at 4 or 5. We'd eat pizza, play video games, and hoard tickets.

One day ... we found The Holy Grail. One of the Chuck E Cheese employees left their keys on the floor by one of the machines. I snagged em. We left.

For the next two years, we had the ultmate scam for a couple snot nosed punks. We'd go there what seemed like every weekend. I'd stand guard. Tim would open up one of the machines more discreetly in the corner and pilfer all the tokens out of it. The machines sold em for like 8 for a dollar. We'd sell em for like twice that, 15 for a dollar to other kids ... and even parents.

We'd walk out with like 25-30 bucks apiece almost every day, and that was after eating, drinking, and playing all day on that big mouse. Doesn't seem like much. But in the late 80's, as a 12 year old? It was like the LaTonza Heist ... recreated every weekend.

Good times.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Fantastic
I never heard that story.
Na Na Na Na

Unread postby consigliere » Fri May 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Somehow, that story does not surprise me. At all.

:lol:

I haven't been there myself in like 20 years. Will be going soon as well with the kids though. Do they still have those mechanical puppets, like The King?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby mswerb » Fri May 25, 2007 10:54 pm

I did not know that they served beer at Chuck E. Cheese.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 26, 2007 7:06 am

Yes, they still have the mechanical puppets.

And I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw they served beer.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mswerb » Sat May 26, 2007 10:35 am

I did hear that they took out the area with the plastic balls that kids could play in because too many kids peed in it. :? :-? :???:
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 26, 2007 10:48 am

mswerb wrote:I did hear that they took out the area with the plastic balls that kids could play in because too many kids peed in it. :? :-? :???:

Yes, that was gone. That was my favorite when I was little.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am

some kid actually suffocated and died in those plastic thats why they took them out
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun May 27, 2007 1:18 am

Do they still have "the tubes of Flu" that the kids can crawl thru?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 27, 2007 7:21 am

Lead Pipe wrote:Do they still have "the tubes of Flu" that the kids can crawl thru?

They have those, which are cool. In the Mentor one, they wind across the celing, ending in slides and other things. My kid was jonsin to get up there, he just didn't have it in him at 22 months.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:32 pm

By the way Swerb how is the little one doing???

I took mine to chuck e cheese for her birthday and could not get her to leave...we had to almost drag her out of there
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am

sandlot33 wrote:By the way Swerb how is the little one doing???

I took mine to chuck e cheese for her birthday and could not get her to leave...we had to almost drag her out of there

Little guy is doing great. 2 years old is a very fun age. You can start to do alot of the fun things, and you can also pretty much fully communicate with them.

First 8-9 months is pretty boring IMO. Then it just starts to get progressively funner.

(and harder!)

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:37 pm

It only gets better Rich....my little guy is 3 now and a blast to do things with. Loves the Big Three sports. But, if/when you have a second one, man is it tough to re-program yourself again for all that infant stuff. It was really tough to survive my daughter's first year this past year, especially now knowing how much fun they are when they get close to two. She is now a year and 3 months old, and starting to be a complete blast. I'm witchu though on the first 8-9 months part. Don't miss that at all.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry