Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

What if Sheed is wearing the Wine and Gold come Monday???

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

What if Sheed is wearing the Wine and Gold come Monday???

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:34 am

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In the era of free agency (in all friggin' sports) we're cheering for uni's anyway, right?
Discuss............

BTW, anyone who helps bring a championship to Cleveland is ok with me.
Tymaster

Re: What if Sheed is wearing the Wine and Gold come Monday???

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 am

where the hell did u get this idea lol wtf
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 am

osucrazy18 wrote:where the hell did u get this idea lol wtf

Read the Joe Smith post.

And as far as Sheed coming here...there are about 10,000 people I'd rather see wearing Wine & Gold, including Boozer, Damon Jones, and British Pharaoh.

Not only is he a dick of the first class, he's turned into a jump shooting big man. He's shooting 42% from the field, and 36% from 3. Well over 1/3 of his shots (and approaching 1/2) are from 3. He is not the big man we are looking for.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:53 am

StewieG wrote:

Read the Joe Smith post.

And as far as Sheed coming here...there are about 10,000 people I'd rather see wearing Wine & Gold, including Boozer, Damon Jones, and British Pharaoh.

Not only is he a dick of the first class, he's turned into a jump shooting big man. He's shooting 42% from the field, and 36% from 3. Well over 1/3 of his shots (and approaching 1/2) are from 3. He is not the big man we are looking for.

+1 He is a piece of crap. I would lose much respect for Ferry if he pulled that crap.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 am

Can I honestly say there is a large part of me that doesnt want him. And nothing to do with my hate of him in the past few years. I dont even hate him anymore since they blow this year, it feels like just piling on.

I think he still has gas in the tank and I believe his on court play would be a welcome addition. However, I am not sure how would affect our precious chemistry. He's a dick, he whines more the LBJ, he gets T's at inappropriate times (game 6 anyone?), he is just generally pretty immature. With that said he may be more well behaved when he is in a title hunt (though that never stopped in him Detoilet). He wont be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option here. Well maybe 2.5th. Can he handle fitting in here, playing with Lebron, defering to Lebron as team leader and court leader. Rasheed strikes me as the ultimate Alpha dog, we were talking about Starbury disrupting the Celts, Wallace could do that to us.

That said, I bet he isnt released, and if he does who knows if he would bother coming here.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 am

For all of Sheed's issues, dude's got talent and heart and can still compete in the Association. He knows his role and he does it well. If Dumars does cut him loose to finish the season with the Amir and Jason Show, I hope Ferry goes full force after him and pray Ainge or Rambis doesn't get to him first.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:59 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:For all of Sheed's issues, dude's got talent and heart and can still compete in the Association. He knows his role and he does it well. If Dumars does cut him loose to finish the season with the Amir and Jason Show, I hope Ferry goes full force after him and pray Ainge or Rambis doesn't get to him first.

Yeeeup.

He was considered to much of a head case to ever win the league for the two minutes Atlanta owned him before he ended up in D-troit for free.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:02 am

Ziner wrote:Can I honestly say there is a large part of me that doesnt want him. And nothing to do with my hate of him in the past few years. I dont even hate him anymore since they blow this year, it feels like just piling on.

I think he still has gas in the tank and I believe his on court play would be a welcome addition. However, I am not sure how would affect our precious chemistry. He's a dick, he whines more the LBJ, he gets T's at inappropriate times (game 6 anyone?), he is just generally pretty immature. With that said he may be more well behaved when he is in a title hunt (though that never stopped in him Detoilet). He wont be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option here. Well maybe 2.5th. Can he handle fitting in here, playing with Lebron, defering to Lebron as team leader and court leader. Rasheed strikes me as the ultimate Alpha dog, we were talking about Starbury disrupting the Celts, Wallace could do that to us.

That said, I bet he isnt released, and if he does who knows if he would bother coming here.

Ziner, bro, look at the year by year stats and read the year by year media reports.

What you are saying about him being an attention whore and him effing up competitors has been disproven time and time again.

Come on man.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 am

You're crazy.

He is a piece of crap. I would lose much respect for Ferry if he pulled that crap.

So are you.

We're trying to win a championship. Rasheed Wallace can help us win a championship. It's that simple. I don't want to go into a potential Finals against L.A. with our only servicable big men being Z, Andy, and a rookie who can't understand the concept of boxing out.

You want a group of nice guys who can't get it done, well, Indians spring training is starting up.

I want a title.

Christ on a sidecar, I can't believe some of the shit I read on this board sometimes.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby GreatGoo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 am

How does this all go down?

I heard that players have to be releashed by 3pm and teams have till 12am to sign them and secure them for their playoff roster. Is this correct?
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby papacass » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:02 am

HermanFontenot wrote:

You're crazy.

He is a piece of crap. I would lose much respect for Ferry if he pulled that crap.

So are you.

We're trying to win a championship. Rasheed Wallace can help us win a championship. It's that simple. I don't want to go into a potential Finals against L.A. with our only servicable big men being Z, Andy, and a rookie who can't understand the concept of boxing out.

You want a group of nice guys who can't get it done, well, Indians spring training is starting up.

I want a title.

Christ on a sidecar, I can't believe some of the shit I read on this board sometimes.

Plus beggars really can't be choosers at this point. It's post-trade deadline, the Cavs are down a frontcourt starter, and they need a veteran big man in case Ben is limping for the rest of the year. Hopefully that's Joe Smith, but if it's Sheed, it will be time to plug my nose and venture into the dark world of rooting for a guy I've despised throughout his career. Politics and championship runs make for strange bedfellows.

Having said that, I'd be shocked if Sheed is cut by the Pistons and signs with the Cavs. I'd be shocked if any player of note besides Joe Smith is wearing a Cavs uniform by this time next week.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:09 am

Sheed coming here and winning a sausage with us is the kind of irony that this town needs

I can see it now in my wine-coloured glasses this June...the 2 Wallace boys go off in the deciding game and bring us all what we lust for

waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:21 am

I've said it before and i'll say it again. None of us REALLY know how any of the PLAYERS feel about each other. I see LeBro hugging Sheed before every game they play against each other. I have never been in an NBA locker room so I won't even begin to pretend I know what Rasheed does to 'chemistry'.

I've always been a Rasheed Wallace fan from back to his college hoops days. He's a baller. For a few years of his career a top 5 big in the league. He's on the downside now but we're out of options are we not? Losing Ben doesn't affect our starters as I feel Andy is better at this point. But our depth is in trouble. And Rasheed is a lot better player than Joe Smith, no offense Joe. I'd be willing to bet the Celtics would have LOVED to have Wallace instead of Mikki Moore. I'd take Rasheed in a second. I'll worry about chemistry when he and LeBro are smoking bongs together after the victory parade.
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 am

This is ridiculous.

My choice for big playoff games is Wallace or JJ? And those games are this season? Like in two months?

Gimme the pot smokin', head splitting, ill tempered cat that's done it before. How is it even a question?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 am

Peeker643 wrote:This is ridiculous.

My choice for big playoff games is Wallace or JJ? And those games are this season? Like in two months?

Gimme the pot smokin', head splitting, ill tempered cat that's done it before. How is it even a question?

Don't ever quote me on this, but man you are faaaaantastic.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:44 am

Peeker643 wrote:Gimme the pot smokin', head splitting, ill tempered cat that's done it before.

You forgot selfish, whining, immature, apathetic, etc...

With that said, he hates to lose and plays with a passion and let's ref's know when they make a mistake (even if they didn't)...There's not a top playoff team who wouldn't want his meanstreak in their uni this spring
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby BDFD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 am

This is where that pesky 'emotion' thing comes into play when opportunities like this may come up. To me, signing Sheed at this point would be like signing Ben Toothlessberger. I hate the fucker. I've been conditioned to hate the fucker. He cracked my boy Z's head open. Fuck him. I don't care what he can bring, which isn't something we need anyway. If Ferry (and I) thought our team was good enough before the deadline, then no way in hell am I getting onboard with the idea of bringing him in now.

If he ends up here, so be it. But until then, no way. Sign Joe Smith, damnit.
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby CharacterIV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:18 am

BDFD wrote:This is where that pesky 'emotion' thing comes into play when opportunities like this may come up. To me, signing Sheed at this point would be like signing Ben Toothlessberger. I hate the fucker. I've been conditioned to hate the fucker. He cracked my boy Z's head open. Fuck him. I don't care what he can bring, which isn't something we need anyway. If Ferry (and I) thought our team was good enough before the deadline, then no way in hell am I getting onboard with the idea of bringing him in now.

If he ends up here, so be it. But until then, no way. Sigh Joe Smith, damnit.

Forget not signing Rasheed because it'd be "like" signing Roethlisberger. If Toothless himself could help the Cavs to the promised land this season, I'd say sign his ass! Can Roethlisberger give us quality minutes from the 4 come playoff time? If he's good for 12 and 5 with solid D vs. Garnett, Pau, whoever, then I'm totally in. Sign him up. Roethlisberger's listed at 6'5", so I'm inclined to think he's not really tall enough, but I'd take my chances. I don't care if our front court rotation includes Rasheed, Toothless Ben and Benito Mussolini, just so all of them are defending the rim, boxing out and generally leading us to a championship.

Yes, I've entered "sell my soul" mode, and I'm fine with it. Better a ring with assholes than another second-best with quality chums.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby BDFD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 am

Right on. I disagree.

I don't mind signing assholes. Just not certain assholes.
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby diminishingskills » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:44 am

The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. Love can turn to hate in an instant, and can turn right back an instant later.

If Sheed comes here and helps the Cavs win a sausage, the people who are currently wringing their hands over bringing him here would be the first ones to build the statue of him outside Quicken Loans Arena.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

I'll be happy if Sheed is with the Cavs on Monday. He shores up the defense and provides some range from a big. Ideally I'd love both Joe Smith and Wallace because of the depth we'd have.

If Wallace helps us win a title then I'm all aboard. Sign me up.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:05 pm

I am 100% positive any player the Cavaliers bring in will have to be OK'd by LBJ. If the King says he likes him and wants him here...well..who am I to question the King?
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 pm

CharacterIV wrote:Forget not signing Rasheed because it'd be "like" signing Roethlisberger. If Toothless himself could help the Cavs to the promised land this season, I'd say sign his ass! Can Roethlisberger give us quality minutes from the 4 come playoff time?

I'd prefer little sis: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/roethlisberger_carlee00.html
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
CharacterIV wrote:Forget not signing Rasheed because it'd be "like" signing Roethlisberger. If Toothless himself could help the Cavs to the promised land this season, I'd say sign his ass! Can Roethlisberger give us quality minutes from the 4 come playoff time?

I'd prefer little sis: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/roethlisberger_carlee00.html

2 PPG on 28% shooting? No thanks.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby scott » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Hell yes I'd take sheed. Look at our starting running back. If you do sign sheed, it's a 3 month rental. He gives you more than Joe Smith. Though I don't see him getting bought
out.Windhorst's bigger name is Gooden (guessing). He'd give us the low post scoring we lack.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 pm

scott wrote:Hell yes I'd take sheed. Look at our starting running back. If you do sign sheed, it's a 3 month rental. He gives you more than Joe Smith. Though I don't see him getting bought
out.Windhorst's bigger name is Gooden (guessing). He'd give us the low post scoring we lack.

And Gooden would bring that mean defensive streak with him.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 pm

scott wrote:Windhorst's bigger name is Gooden (guessing). He'd give us the low post scoring we lack.

Sacramento has wanted Gooden for a long long long time. That and he's no longer a bigger name than Joe Smith.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby CharacterIV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
scott wrote:Hell yes I'd take sheed. Look at our starting running back. If you do sign sheed, it's a 3 month rental. He gives you more than Joe Smith. Though I don't see him getting bought

Perhaps after his exile from the blessed land of Wine & Gold he'd be in "prodigal son" mode and buckle down on D? And while his return certainly wouldn't be in the category of say, Kenny Lofton returning to the Tribe as a "feel-good story," it'd at least be a "feel-ok story," right?

It'd be interesting to see. I don't know if LeBron would be willing to go back to his average of 2.3 scowls at Gooden per game after the dude has a mental lapse.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby ProgRocker » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:46 pm

I don't hate 'Sheed anymore for one simple reason: we beat his ass. We did it two years ago. He's no threat to us the same way that Ohio-turncoat brickheaded not-as-talented-as-he-and-the-world-thinks-he-is (but still owns our asses) Rothelsothelsfukhimsburgher still is.

Hell, for that matter I wouldn't bat an eye if Boozer would be that mystery name for the same reason. He never ran off and deprived the Cavs of a title or led his team to a title. If anything, he got his by marrying a shrew and seeing his reputation become shredded. If he came to the Cavs and they won it would be redemption.

Cool beans all around.

Sign 'em both (or sign Smith and 'Sheed or Boozer). We'll need 'em for the Lakers and maybe the Magic if it came to that, and they're no threat to me. Their karmic debts have been paid.
Somehow ... Someway ... Give us JUST ONE VICTORY ... and we're on our way!
ProgRocker

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Ziner wrote:Can I honestly say there is a large part of me that doesnt want him. And nothing to do with my hate of him in the past few years. I dont even hate him anymore since they blow this year, it feels like just piling on.

Ziner, bro, look at the year by year stats and read the year by year media reports.

What you are saying about him being an attention whore and him effing up competitors has been disproven time and time again.

Come on man.

DId you read my post? I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said anything about attention whore. Alpha dog and attention whore is two different things. I have no idea what you are talking about with competitors, overall I am not sure what you are saying.

Maybe I am missing what you are saying, I still started it off saying he has gas in his tank and he would be a welcome addition on court. I just worry about the blowups like game 6 and whether he can fit in, thats all. I am not saying no. Only the players know if he will fit in, I dont.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby scott » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:

Are you expecting them to get the perfect player? There's a reason these guys are available, assuming they are, as a mid-season free agent. There's a significant flaw, or their team wouldn't consider buying them out.

madre wrote:Sacramento has wanted Gooden for a long long long time.

Until Gooden says "I won't re-sign here". Who knows if he will or not. It would be leaving $ on the table.

madre wrote:That and he's no longer a bigger name than Joe Smith.

Yeah he is.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:56 pm

wouldn't this be considered "subtraction by addition"??? as ragweed has gotten older, he's gotten to be much more of a cancer. earlier in his career, most of his technical fouls were a result of his hyper-competitiveness. now it's just because he's more of a big crybaby when he doesn't get his way. given his negative history with other cavs players, namely when he split z's head open, i just don't see how or why you would bring a guy in here like that??? no thanx!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

Come on man.

DId you read my post? I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said anything about attention whore. Alpha dog and attention whore is two different things. I have no idea what you are talking about with competitors, overall I am not sure what you are saying.

Maybe I am missing what you are saying, I still started it off saying he has gas in his tank and he would be a welcome addition on court. I just worry about the blowups like game 6 and whether he can fit in, thats all. I am not saying no. Only the players know if he will fit in, I dont.

Have you paid attention to Rasheed's career at all? He is the opposite of an alpha dog. He was a guy who had the talent to be one of the top few players on the league but preferred to fit into a team and be a secondary option most of the time. He never had any interest in being the star player and saying me me me like Marbury. That's why he fit in so perfectly for those Pistons teams. Him and Marbury are at two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Marbury always sacrificed team goals for personal goals, with Sheed it's been the opposite, especially the last 5 years or whatever in Detroit.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:19 pm

BDFD wrote:If Ferry (and I) thought our team was good enough before the deadline, then no way in hell am I getting onboard with the idea of bringing him in now.

If he ends up here, so be it. But until then, no way. Sign Joe Smith, damnit.

Have you forgotten the fact that our perilously thin and abused front line got thinner since the deadline?
aoxo1

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Have you paid attention to Rasheed's career at all? He is the opposite of an alpha dog. He was a guy who had the talent to be one of the top few players on the league but preferred to fit into a team and be a secondary option most of the time. He never had any interest in being the star player and saying me me me like Marbury. That's why he fit in so perfectly for those Pistons teams. Him and Marbury are at two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Marbury always sacrificed team goals for personal goals, with Sheed it's been the opposite, especially the last 5 years or whatever in Detroit.

Exactly. One of the biggest problems he had in Portland was that he didn't want to be the man, even though he was clearly the best player on that team.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:30 pm

StewieG wrote:

Read the Joe Smith post.

Just to come back to this and your Donyell comparison: any big man that isn't a liability is the big man we are looking for.

This isn't a trade where we have to weigh giving up someone. This is something for nothing at a position for which we currently have 2 healthy players plus a couple rooks and a stiff.

Chris Mihm is the goddamn big man we are looking for, if he is the best they can do.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:36 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

Come on man.

Have you paid attention to Rasheed's career at all? He is the opposite of an alpha dog. He was a guy who had the talent to be one of the top few players on the league but preferred to fit into a team and be a secondary option most of the time. He never had any interest in being the star player and saying me me me like Marbury. That's why he fit in so perfectly for those Pistons teams. Him and Marbury are at two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Marbury always sacrificed team goals for personal goals, with Sheed it's been the opposite, especially the last 5 years or whatever in Detroit.

Ok, guess I dont know as much about Sheed as I thought. I always viewed him as the self appointed leader of the Pistons. I'll shut up now.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby khetti » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Would it be possible for 'Sheed to get bought-out while he's still on the court? Would his agent tell him during a time-out? :bag:
khetti

Favorite Player: Kip
Least Favorite Player: Big Ben's Fat Face

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Ziner wrote:Ok, guess I dont know as much about Sheed as I thought. I always viewed him as the self appointed leader of the Pistons. I'll shut up now.

That's a fair take, just based on what they all say in the press. Sheed was always the most talkative/vocal/outrageous sound bite making guy. But on the court, and even really in the media, it was pretty clear that Billups was the unquestioned leader of that team.
aoxo1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:09 pm

and what aoxo said is what I was going to clarify today (actually just logged on to clarify now).

Late night posting has its problems, but I was headed down a road to here.

You were... well... just flat out wrong Ziner.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:58 pm

It is clear to everyone that Rasheed Wallace is far superior than Joe Smith or Drew Gooden, correct?

If this isn't abundantly clear, well...... carry on, I guess.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't see it happening.

Maybe its just me, but the liklihood of this happening would be on par with James Harrision wanting out of Pittsburgh and wanting to come home to play for the Browns because it's always been his "dream" to play for his hometown team.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:Ok, guess I dont know as much about Sheed as I thought. I always viewed him as the self appointed leader of the Pistons. I'll shut up now.

That's a fair take, just based on what they all say in the press. Sheed was always the most talkative/vocal/outrageous sound bite making guy. But on the court, and even really in the media, it was pretty clear that Billups was the unquestioned leader of that team.

That was my point, I know Billups was the on court leader. What I was attempting to get at with saying alpha dog was how he isnt questioned for anything he does. No one tells him to shut up and sit down when he acts like an asshole. Here Lebron would have to do that.

Whatever, Ill shut up and he isnt getting released anyways. My apologies for that uninformed portion of my take.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Tymaster wrote:??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In the era of free agency (in all friggin' sports) we're cheering for uni's anyway, right?
Discuss............

BTW, anyone who helps bring a championship to Cleveland is ok with me.

To answer yer subject line?

All is forgiven.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA