Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Clusterf**k continues - Shaun Rogers wants out?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Clusterf**k continues - Shaun Rogers wants out?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Schefter, as an employee of the league rather than an independent source doesn't float bull crap out there, the guy is dead nuts accurate and nails as many stories as anyone in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80eec031&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Posted 19 minutes ago 0 Comments0 Recommendations E-mail
Mangini reaching out to disgruntled Browns DT Rogers
By Adam Schefter | NFL.com

As much as Eric Mangini has tried to change the culture in Cleveland, one of his biggest challenges now is changing the mind of Browns defensive tackle Shaun Rogers.

Rogers has grown so disenchanted with the situation in Cleveland that he has asked the Browns not to pick up the $6 million option-bonus payment due to him next month, a source close to the defensive tackle said. Rogers would rather be released after one season with the Browns, despite still being owed another $15 million in guaranteed money.

The Browns said Rogers hasn't asked them to be released.

Cutting Rogers would be difficult to do financially. If the Browns release Rogers, they would have to count more than $9.7 million against their salary cap.

Cleveland has no intention of getting rid of Rogers. It wants him back as the productive team member he was last season, when he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Browns coach Eric Mangini, according to those within the Cleveland organization, is still optimistic that he can change Rogers' mind once the two men speak. Mangini is said to have recently reached out to Rogers. Those who know Rogers say his mind will not be changed.

But Mangini has had success in these types of settings. When he arrived in New York as the Jets' coach in 2006, wide receiver Laveranues Coles was, at best, a skeptic, but Mangini eventually won him over.

Mangini has said publicly that when change occurs, as it did in Cleveland, there is uncertainty and that can create misunderstandings like the one that has happened now.

Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there.

"Anytime someone new comes in, there's a process of getting to know that person," Mangini said Feb. 4. "I feel really comfortable with who I am and the things I do. I know that everything is done for a very specific reason and that is to give us the best chance to win. I feel really good about the relationships that I had in New York with the players there. I think that the things that they have said are things I feel really good about. I anticipate having those same types of relationships here."

The Browns believe that, once Rogers hears out Mangini, the same will occur. The situation will be soothed over, hard feelings will dissipate and Cleveland will have a happy defensive tackle.

"I didn't realize Shaun was there at the time," Mangini said earlier this offseason of the green-room incident. "I know it's probably hard to believe considering how big he is and how big I am. I feel really good about watching him on tape. I always appreciate 360-pound nose guards. He's powerful, disruptive, has a high motor, and I’m looking forward to that."

Some believe there are other reasons driving Rogers' desire to leave the Browns. But before the situation is resolved, Mangini will have his say with the player whose mind he now must change.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Clusterf**k continues - Rodgers wants out?

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Guess I'd be upset too if my only 2 gigs were with Detroit & Cleveland
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 pm

if this is true, then he is the laziest piece of shit in the NFL. He wants to be spoon fed a Super Bowl. Doesnt just happen that easy buddy. He needs to grow the fuck up.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby BadBecks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 pm

C'mon guys, he's about to watch Albert Haynesworth get a potential $100 million contract, the team is maybe a c-hair better than Detroit in terms of competence, and the coach has twice blown the guy off. What would you do if you were in his situation? Remember, he didn't grow up here so pretend we are not talking about a team with Orange helmets for a minute before you answer. Gimme one good reason why he would want to be here right now.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 pm

His penchance for being a malcontent is the reason they were able to get him in the first place.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby ProgRocker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 am

Not worried until and unless there's a holdout prior to training camp.
Somehow ... Someway ... Give us JUST ONE VICTORY ... and we're on our way!
ProgRocker

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:38 am

Lead Pipe wrote:His penchance for being a malcontent is the reason they were able to get him in the first place.

Exactly, those who are surprised are not familiar with his time in Detroit. He's under contract, fuck what he wants. Shut up and play angry.

How long, O LORD.....How long will you piss on us?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:44 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:How long, O LORD.....How long will you piss on us?

Dont be whining to my lord that you dont believe in ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously though, STFU Rogers. Keep your fat tub-o-lard ass in-shape and come out and make the Probowl again. You should be used to losing by this point in your career.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby mistero » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 am

Bodden got released. It would only be fair to release Rodgers too... or not.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Re: The Clusterf**k continues - Shaun Rogers wants out?

Unread postby js2310 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am

I know people are upset right now and so am I but we aren't going to release him. He would be traded and probably for a first round pick. This is terrible news though because it shows sign of weakness in the new management. I do believe the Browns will fix this and he will be starting for us in 09 but still a bad start to the season.

Mangini needs to connect with his players. He already had his learning experience in NY and this team around he is suppose to be different. I see a lot more things like this happening this off season. I am not excited for next coming season like I was last year and I have no optimism at all. This is a rebuilding year for the Cleveland Browns. That is what usually happens when you sign a new coach.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

Paul Brown
js2310

Favorite Player: Brady Quinn
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

From the PD:

Mangini recently reached out to Rogers, according to the report. And a source within the Browns organization told Schefter that Mangini is still optimistic he can sway Rogers once they speak. But sources close to Rogers say he won't change his mind.

The report says some believe there are other reasons why Rogers wants to leave the Browns, but didn't specify.

Let's see... this comes out 2 days before Free Agency begins... and Rogers just had a Pro Bowl season... hmmmmm... I can't seem to work out what those other reasons might be.

I don't believe for one second that Rogers is THAT big a crybaby. His agent's got dollar signs in his eyes.

It doesn't matter. The Browns own his soul. Try to smooth it over. If that doesn't work, screw 'im. He wants to get paid - he'll show up for work.

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 am

Honestly, if Shaun Rogers played in the 60's or 70's, and said that he wanted off the team because the coach didn't pay enough attention to him, what do you think his teammates would say? They'd laugh harder at him than at a framed Asia poster.

Reminds me of a little speech from a movie...

Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry? NO. And do you know why? Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!

Unread postby WildBill31 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 am

If the Browns release him and take that cap hit, I might lose it. Screw him. He is under contract and making a ton of money. What is he... a high school girl....mad because someone didn't say hi to him. Give me a fucking break.

If he wants to be a baby, I would let his fat ass sit on the bench and pay him all year. This organization can't let players determine when they get traded or released.
WildBill31

Unread postby hornet84 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 am

It looks like what they said about him in Detroit may be true. He had a great season last year and now he wants a new contract ? If he doesn't get a new deal he will probably be a sulking pile of blubber. How many years does he have before he turns into a more expensive version of Ted Washington ? This is just his agent's way of trying to cash in on on one " great " season. It was probably his career year. If they continue to push the issue, his trade value is probably at it's zenith. I don't want to deal him, but he may be showing his true colors. We don't need any more soap operas. Honor your contract Shaun.
hornet84
Big Mon

Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 am

You take Shaun Rogers out of this defense and it becomes so incomprehensibly bad that there would not be strong enough superlatives to describe it.

Yes, I agree, the dude has a contract and should shut his pie hole and come ready to work his ass off when minicamp starts.

That said, Mangini should have reached out to this cat. He's a defensive coach. Rogers is by far our best defensive player. How has he not reached out to him? Especially with Rogers reputation for being a flake. ManKok should have taken Lerner's jet out to his house with a couple girls on each arm and a side of beef for him. Like the first week they were on the job.

Take the side of the player, take the side of the coach. It's all moot. The coach needs to make this right.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 am

WildBill31 wrote:If he wants to be a baby, I would let his fat ass sit on the bench and pay him all year.

O yeah, that would show him.

:hide:
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby hornet84 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 am

Swerb wrote:You take Shaun Rogers out of this defense and it becomes so incomprehensibly bad that there would not be strong enoough superlatives to describe it.

Yes, I agree, the dude has a contract and should shut his pie hole and come ready to work his ass off when minicamp starts.

That said, Mangini should have reached out to this cat. He's a defensive coach. Rogers is by far our best defensive player. How has he not reached out to him? Especially with Rogers reputation for being a flake. ManKok should have taken Lerner's jet out to his house with a couple girls on each arm and a side of beef for him. Like the first week they were on the job.

Take the side of the player, take the side of the coach. It's all moot. The coach needs to make this right.

A side a beef and two girls. That is my idea of surf and turf :cheers:

This is the first real test of the new administration. They need to make the big man happy. He is all we have on that side of the ball. A dominating nose tackle in a 3-4 should be Mangini's wet dream.
hornet84
Big Mon

Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 am

Swerb wrote:You take Shaun Rogers out of this defense and it becomes so incomprehensibly bad that there would not be strong enoough superlatives to describe it.

I'll bet he knows it now.

I don't think it matters if Mangini reached out to him or not... when a guy's angling to get his cash on, he'll use whatever old excuse he needs.

Unread postby onlyindreams » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 pm

His contract is untradeable and unreleasable, so he and Mangini will have to work out their differences, whatever they are. It just sounds like his feelings are hurt, so this might not even be a big deal.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:43 pm

I bet a few wins will cheer his fat ass up.
What a bitch.

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Winning cures everything, there's no doubt about that.

Should the Browns make a big turnaround, he'll shut his mouth pretty quick. Bottom line is he's either on this train, or he can pull a Manny and end his career by violating his contract. The latter is just NOT going to happen, so I'm not really getting too excited about this story.

If he wants to be a bitch through the minicamps, that's to his detriment, and the rest of the team will make sure he pays for it someway, I'm sure.

I wish fining his ass would work, but that would just make the situation worse.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:06 pm

How soon people forget...Didnt we just restructure his deal when we traded for him and paid him what a lot of people felt was too good of a contract, too much guaranteed, too long. Unbelievable, instead of being grateful for getting his cash before he had done anything, he wants to wine like a baby. That being said the last thing this D needs is another hole, especially a 350 lb pro bowl sized one he would leave behind. These two need to kiss make up and get over it.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm

FightDr wrote:I bet a few steaks will cheer his fat ass up.
What a bitch.
Chris

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Swerb wrote:You take Shaun Rogers out of this defense and it becomes so incomprehensibly bad that there would not be strong enough superlatives to describe it.

I smell another bracket....

Everyone knew the guy has baggage. The worst kind- quitter baggage. Take it in stride. If he wants more money, he'll play hard this season to earn it in FA.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm starting to think EVERYONE Needs to go.

Everyone.

As in, clean house of every notable player on this team except maybe Quinn. Get rid of Winslow, Edwards, Rogers, Anderson, and whoever else poses any sort of drama llama potential.
Chris

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:13 pm

It doesn't matter. The Browns own his soul. Try to smooth it over. If that doesn't work, screw 'im. He wants to get paid - he'll show up for work.

But his reputation suggests that once he gets there he'll give you a half-assed effort at best.

The smart thing to do right now, before we're in the same position the Lions were in with him after 2007, would be to sell high on this guy. Several teams in the bottom third of the first round need help on the interior of their DL.

Trade him for a late 2009 1st rounder, hopefully with a 2010 conditional pick thrown in as well. Take BJ Raji at 5 to be the NT of our future (since Aaron Curry is out of reach), then grab a LB with our late first. Any of Brown, English, Maualuga, or Laurinaitis could be available that late.

What we're going to do instead, though, is hold onto him too long the way we did with DAnchor, and we're going to end up hating him for being the underachiever he's always been. Then we might get a 3rd or 4th rounder out of him and wait several years for the next solution at NT to show up. Because that's the kind of shit we do.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Chris wrote:I'm starting to think EVERYONE Needs to go.

Everyone.

Well, they're starting with the fans.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby Crash Davis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Posted this in the Coles thread too. WE can kill two birds with one stone here. Coles and Mangini had a similar issue when Mangini first got to NY that Rogers and Mangini have now. Sign Coles to play opposite Braylon and make Coles' first order of business to reach out to Rogers.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 pm

HoodooMan wrote:

But his reputation suggests that once he gets there he'll give you a half-assed effort at best.

The smart thing to do right now, before we're in the same position the Lions were in with him after 2007, would be to sell high on this guy. Several teams in the bottom third of the first round need help on the interior of their DL.

Trade him for a late 2009 1st rounder, hopefully with a 2010 conditional pick thrown in as well. Take BJ Raji at 5 to be the NT of our future (since Aaron Curry is out of reach), then grab a LB with our late first. Any of Brown, English, Maualuga, or Laurinaitis could be available that late.

What we're going to do instead, though, is hold onto him too long the way we did with DAnchor, and we're going to end up hating him for being the underachiever he's always been. Then we might get a 3rd or 4th rounder out of him and wait several years for the next solution at NT to show up. Because that's the kind of shit we do.

I'd be fine with that if it weren't for the massive cap hit the Browns would take by trading him.

As far as DA is concerned... Did? Are doing, and will continue to do.

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm siding with Mangini on this, though, In a few weeks/months, etc, it'll probably end up being his fault and I'll change my tune. Something tells me, Rogers didn't go up and introduce himself the times him and Mangini were near each other, and usually, a coach waits for a player to do that, not vice versa, previous experience in HS Football (I know, I know, it's not pro or college, but it's the closest I can relate), tells me that this may be the case.

I'd trade him, if, IF, the right deal were to come around, say someone does something just below the Herschel Walker trade, that type level. I liked what he did overall this past year and I think with a decent linebacking corp, he can look even better, but we're still a long way away from that.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'd trade him, if, IF, the right deal were to come around, say someone does something just below the Herschel Walker trade, that type level. I liked what he did overall this past year and I think with a decent linebacking corp, he can look even better, but we're still a long way away from that.

Maybe we could trade him back to the Lions for the 20th and 33rd ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Indians88 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Let's trade his ass and take the money we save and throw it at Fat-Albert.
Indians88

Favorite Player: Eddie Murray
Least Favorite Player: Paul O'Neal

Unread postby OSU819903 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 pm

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... es_pr.html

So, now a guy with past weight issues is told not to come in over a certain weight and he's upset? I am really not following Rogers on this one. And ManKok has NO reason to take what he did last year concerning weight and assume that they don't need to make him aware of their mandate.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
OSU819903

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Sooooo . . . . . Are we writing the season off already?

I don't know what to think anymore. I just want to win games. I don't care whose names are on the jerseys, as long as there are enough "W's" to make the playoffs.

Shit like this just pisses me off.
justmebd

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm

OSU819903 wrote:This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... es_pr.html

So, now a guy with past weight issues is told not to come in over a certain weight and he's upset? I am really not following Rogers on this one. And ManKok has NO reason to take what he did last year concerning weight and assume that they don't need to make him aware of their mandate.

After reading that story, I've decided that this crap is so stupid that I'm not going to pay attention to it anymore. I don't care whose fault it was. I don't care what Rogers requested.

Most likely, he'll still be here, so all this feces is useless offseason filler.

If they trade him, the Browns will take a cap hit. But let's say he is traded for a mid to late 1st Round pick, and use DJK's scenario:

Would you rather have BJ Raji and Rey Maualuga?

or Brian Orakpo/Everette Brown and Shaun Rogers?

I like both scenarios, so trading him wouldn't keep me up nights. I probably like Raji/Maualuga better, to be honest.

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Serious as a fucking coronary......this is the kind of me me me me selfish pay attention to me fucking bullshit that makes it nearly impossible to give a rats fuking ass about professional sports anymore

Fuck these sweaty over paid 6'4' 350 lb piles of whining crying, "you're disrepecting me" steaming fucking dog shit

Get a real fucking job lard ass......see how long it takes for the boss to go out of his way to kiss your keg of Jello glutes

Next thing you know players will be flexing and 'stylin' after 3 yard sacks when down 38-5 with 1:58 left in the game.....................
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby ProgRocker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:02 am

If they can get a first for him, do it. I like the Raji/USC LB or Lauriniaitis combo plate myself.
Somehow ... Someway ... Give us JUST ONE VICTORY ... and we're on our way!
ProgRocker

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 am

This situation is utterly ridiculous.

At this point I got to side with Mangini on this.

Still I'm starting to get to the point where you move everyone that isn't happen and try and start with a team that actually gives a shit. What do we have to lose? A couple more mediocre seasons before the lockout?
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 am

noles1 wrote:This situation is utterly ridiculous.

Still I'm starting to get to the point where you move everyone that isn't happen and try and start with a team that actually gives a shit. What do we have to lose? A couple more mediocre seasons before the lockout?

I agree

On one hand, im thinking "what a big baby Shaun Rodgers is. You play in 16 games a year and make more then 50 middle class families combined. Do your job, listen to your boss, suck it up"

On the other hand, "just trade Shaun, Braylon, DA, and K2. Get as many draft picks you can, and gut the hell out of this team. Build thru the draft, the right way. Sure were going to lose for a few more years, but we probably are going to lose with those guys too"
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby bw » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:38 pm

This happens every year with a lot of NFL players. Not just ours.

But Rogers has not chosen his 'battle' very carefully, IMO. He is putting a new Head Coach and a new GM on the spot by backing them both into a corner. If they let a player back them down, they will have lost the team for good. They'll never recover from it.

Here's what I believe will happen, Mangini will try to smooth Rogers' ruffled feathers. And maybe he should. If that doesn't work, I believe Mangini will let Rogers know that the Browns can ruin his career if they so desire. They can suspend him, de-activate him, fine him and generally make his life a living hell. Not to mention make him worthless on the FA Market.

That's hardball. I would hope that Rogers understands that the Browns have all the cards. Rogers is under contract and the worst thing the Browns have done to him is 'snub' him (??) and tell him to lose weight? Give.Me.A.Break.

Rogers is going to lose this battle. As he should. He needs to 'man-up' and stop being what his nickname implies --

A "Big Baby.'
bw

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I have to ask this, because I don't know if it's possible, but is there someway, if Rogers continues to be a little bitch, that the Browns could pull out some kind "Dick" move that would take them off the salary cap hook?

I don't know if there's some kind of breach of contract clause they could exercise, or "conduct detrimental to the team."

Just asking, because I'm now at the point that not only do I want to fire everybody and start over, but I want to punish little bitches like Rogers while I'm doing it.

It's not easy being a Browns fan lately, especially when millions of people are struggling to pay their bills (like me) and that fat bitch is saying "Don't pay me." What a douchebag.
justmebd

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 pm

any way we can trade him to the titans for a huge chunk of change? i don't know what kind of d-tackles are left on the market, but i doubt any of em are better than rogers and i would think (big assumption) the titans wouldn't mind picking up a contract that's half as much as the one haynesworth just got. they have a 350-pd hole in the middle of their D and we have someone who can fill it. i would ask for their 1st and 3rd. take bj rajii with our 5th pick and a linebacker with the the tennessee pick.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 pm

bw wrote:

This happens every year with a lot of NFL players. Not just ours.

But Rogers has not chosen his 'battle' very carefully, IMO. He is putting a new Head Coach and a new GM on the spot by backing them both into a corner. If they let a player back them down, they will have lost the team for good. They'll never recover from it.

Here's what I believe will happen, Mangini will try to smooth Rogers' ruffled feathers. And maybe he should. If that doesn't work, I believe Mangini will let Rogers know that the Browns can ruin his career if they so desire. They can suspend him, de-activate him, fine him and generally make his life a living hell. Not to mention make him worthless on the FA Market.

That's hardball. I would hope that Rogers understands that the Browns have all the cards. Rogers is under contract and the worst thing the Browns have done to him is 'snub' him (??) and tell him to lose weight? Give.Me.A.Break.

Rogers is going to lose this battle. As he should. He needs to 'man-up' and stop being what his nickname implies --

A "Big Baby.'

Doesn't happen with the Steelers. Tomlin had the sac to straight up PUP Corey Hampton. You want to model yourself after a team, let's do it after those pricks. Rogers comes in overwieght. P-U-P, the prick.

I agree with your points though, just pointing out how fuckin tired I am of this constantly coming up with our players.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:04 pm

If you want a good golf swing you go to a pro, if you want to make wise financial investments you follow the lead of the Warren Buffets of the world. If the Browns want to be like the championship teams IE Patriots/Steelers then they need to do what those teams do in these situations.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Spin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:45 am

You may personally not like the way these athletes act today, but they are what they are. And if you're going to have a professional franchise, you have to deal with them and get the most out of them.

And the new Browns management are showing, by the Rogers handling and the K2 handling, that they do not want to deal with the modern superstar any more than the previous management did. And because of that, they will continue to suck ass.

Sure, we will wind up with a bunch of nice guys that make you all warm and fuzzy inside, "average Joes". And you will have the team you deserve.

How many NBA titles did you cost yourself by DEMANDING the Cavs trade Ron Harper? You were the judge, jury, and executioner and he did nothing wrong. And we got Danny Ferry and Craig Ehlo. :pig:

I'm convinced, a lot of Cleveland fans deserve everything they get.

127 seasons.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:46 am

Spin wrote:And we got Danny Ferry and Craig Ehlo. :pig:

Ehlo was a baller. Save for two Jordan Shots. :hide:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby waborat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:24 am

Spin wrote:
How many NBA titles did you cost yourself by DEMANDING the Cavs trade Ron Harper? You were the judge, jury, and executioner and he did nothing wrong. And we got Danny Ferry and Craig Ehlo. :pig:

Um, Spin, not sure where you're going with this one?

The fans had nothing to do with the trade of Harp...it was all GGund (with bad information) and no one else...Embry, Wilkens, teammates, fans, etc all wanted to keep him

Also, Ehlo was already part of the team before Harp was traded (unless you mean that he was thrown into the starter's role?)

Remove "Harper" & add "Hughes" and then I'll admit to the whole JJ&E and the guilty verdict
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Hiko wrote: I probably like Raji/Maualuga better, to be honest.

You are wise. (cash)
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL