Text Size

Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments

STO in Dayton Ohio??

Use this forum to voice your thoughts on Sportstime Ohio and their lineup of programming. Comments, suggestions, and feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Moderators: peeker643, swerb

STO in Dayton Ohio??

Unread postby mshaeffer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Anyone know if STO is available from Time Warner Cable in Dayton Ohio area? My wife and I are looking to move to the Dayton area later this spring and TWC wont/cant tell me if STO is available in that area. If it is not available, is it available on dish network or on direct TV?
mshaeffer

Favorite Player: #19
Least Favorite Player: Lebron James

Re: STO in Dayton Ohio??

Unread postby STO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Unfortunately Dayton is outside of the Cleveland Indians home TV territory according to Major League Baseball (STO's Territory mirrors the Indians TV Territory). Your only access to LIVE Cleveland Indians baseball games would be via the MLB Extra Innings package, which is available to Time Warner Cable subscribers. DirecTV also offers this package. Dish Network does not offer this package.

DirecTV and Dish Network have Regional Sports Packs that includes STO. These packages allow you to watch our Indians pre and post-game shows, The Tribe Report, All Bets Are Off with Bruce Drennan as well as all of our other sports shows and events featuring the Cleveland Browns, Ohio State Buckeyes, the Ohio High School Football and Basketball State Championship Games, Ohio Athletic Conference, Mount Union Football, Cleveland State, Youngstown State, Ohio Golf, Ohio Outdoors, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Cleveland Auto Show, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, Poker, Racing and more.

All Cleveland Indians baseball games (LIVE, replay or classics) would not be available through this Regional Sports Pack.
STO

Favorite Player: ??
Least Favorite Player: ??

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm

STO wrote:... Notre Dame, West Virginia ...

What does the "O" stand for?
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby STO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 pm

The "O" stands for Ohio, but the Indians TV territory extends beyond the state of Ohio.
STO

Unread postby Jeffair10 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Are there any plans in the works to get STO on Comcast??????? PLEAZZZZZZZZ!
Jeffair10

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Milton Bradly

Unread postby STO » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 am

Unfortunately, it appears that Comcast does not have the analog channel space for STO. We've met with Comcast personnel that manages the Ohio Comcast systems. They've been offered the same terms and conditions that all of our other cable and satellite providers have agreed to.

I don’t think that it helps that their management team is located in Pittsburgh, and thus, far removed from the local community. I do know that they're aware of the Indians fans desire for STO after receiving angry phone calls and emails to their customer service department.

I know that this is not a solution, but DirecTV and Dish Network currently offer STO in those areas. We will continue to pursue, and hopefully with the help of the Indians fans in those areas, we can convince Comcast that STO is a cable channel that should be available to their customers.
STO

Unread postby Jeffair10 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanx STO! Don't give up!!! I have been lobbying to them about STO on Comcast for a couple years now! With out a doubt it does not help that they are based in Squeelerville.

Here's to hoping something positive can be done about this situation in the near future!!! :cheers:
Jeffair10

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Milton Bradly

Return to Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments