Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns freeze ticket prices for 2009, second lowest in NFL

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns freeze ticket prices for 2009, second lowest in NFL

Unread postby Yinzer Hater » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm

The Cleveland Browns announced on Thursday that the team will not raise ticket prices for the 2009 season.

The announcement means that Browns tickets remain the lowest priced among AFC North division teams, and that the club's average ticket price now ranks 31 out of 32 NFL teams. The team has raised its prices just twice over the last six years.

In addition, the Browns $32 ticket continues to be the single lowest priced ticket offered by any AFC North team. Tickets in this pricing tier include those located in the Cleveland Browns Family Zone presented by Applebee's - a family-friendly, alcohol-free area in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

"After careful consideration, we decided not to change our ticket pricing for the upcoming season," said Browns President Mike Keenan. "We hope that this, along with the introduction of new payment options, will ensure an affordable product and provide our fans with greater flexibility when they purchase their 2009 season tickets."

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9410
Definition,Yinzer : A person who lives in a trailer off government money,drinks iron city beer,has limited intelligence,follows the Steelers, and refuses to accept the fact that their team is actually piss yellow and not gold.
Yinzer Hater

Favorite Player: Shin-Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Worthlessberger

Re: Browns freeze ticket prices for 2009, second lowest in NFL

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 pm

For the product that is on the field, whatever they charge is overpriced.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Read between the lines: Beers will now cost $10 a pop
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Ziner wrote:For the product that is on the field, whatever they charge is overpriced.

+1

If were the 2 lowest, i hope Detroit is the 1st. With Ford/GM laying off and getting bailed out, the Pistons getting old and withering away, Wolverines havent beat Ohio State in half a decade, losing to Toledo/Appalachian St, the Lions (need i say more), not so proud home of Eminem and Kidrock.....I think I'd jump off a bridge at this point.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby General » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 pm

They should charge 1997 levels, the product is the same.

:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Chris » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:05 pm

They should pay US to watch it
Chris

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 pm

I wouldn't care if they lowered prices this year, I wasn't getting my season tickets again. I have been getting sucked into this "it's gonna get better" crap for 10 years in the hopes that i might be able to get playoff tix. I'm gonna save my money and if they do actually get to host a playoff game in the next 5 yrs then I will be able to pay about $7000 for that ticket and still come out ahead.
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 pm

stonepm wrote:I wouldn't care if they lowered prices this year, I wasn't getting my season tickets again. I have been getting sucked into this "it's gonna get better" crap for 10 years in the hopes that i might be able to get playoff tix. I'm gonna save my money and if they do actually get to host a playoff game in the next 5 yrs then I will be able to pay about $7000 for that ticket and still come out ahead.

Get 'em and sell 'em to a broker Stone. Keep your rights, get your cash back.

There are always enough idiots who want them.

Wait for a couple press releases after the draft, the training camp hype/spin and you'll swear this team is the three time defending world champs. Or, more importantly, other fools will.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Chris » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
stonepm wrote:I wouldn't care if they lowered prices this year, I wasn't getting my season tickets again. I have been getting sucked into this "it's gonna get better" crap for 10 years in the hopes that i might be able to get playoff tix. I'm gonna save my money and if they do actually get to host a playoff game in the next 5 yrs then I will be able to pay about $7000 for that ticket and still come out ahead.

Wait for a couple press releases after the draft, the training camp hype/spin and you'll swear this team is the three time defending world champs. Or, more importantly, other fools will.

Hahahha, god, you make us sound even more pathetic than we really are. Sad thing is, you're right...
Chris

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Chris wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Hahahha, god, you make us sound even more pathetic than we really are. Sad thing is, you're right...

I didn't say I'm not getting mine Chris. :bag: ;-) ;) :wink:

The fact I'm not sure about getting them and that I'm even considering it says two things:
1. No one is a bigger idiot than me.
2. They must really have f'd people over to allow there to be any doubt whatsoever.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Chris » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Chris wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

I didn't say I'm not getting mine Chris. :bag: ;-) ;) :wink:

The fact I'm not sure about getting them and that I'm even considering it says two things:
1. No one is a bigger idiot than me.
2. They must really have f'd people over to allow there to be any doubt whatsoever.

It's just a sad, sorry situation to begin with. Don't do it.
Chris

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm in the minority who's actually excited about next season.

New Coach, maybe we'll get some draft picks, and we have some actual talent this rebuild go around.

I'm hoping for a 7-9, and, maybe, maybe, maybe..A victory over Pittsburgh. This team's still 2-3 years away before the mention of the word playoffs

I'd still go to a game if I got tix, I got some against the Texans (horrible, horrible game.), and was still pretty excited to go and be with my fellow Cleveland fans.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby mistero » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 am

Sold my PSL's for what I paid for them. I'm just relieved to be out. I couldn't justify the expense...not with a family in these economic times.

That and the product sucked golf balls thru a straw.

I'll get a trip package.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Magic Brownies » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:16 am

Triple-S wrote: This team's still 2-3 years away before the mention of the word playoffs

Sincerely,

The 2007 Miami Dolphins and Atlanta Falcons

Just Sayin'........................... :bag:
Magic Brownies

Favorite Player: Run for the Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Rapistberger

Unread postby stonepm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 am

Peeker643 wrote:

Hey Peeker I heard you were looking to buy some tickets for the 09 Brwons season...well have I got a deal for you!!!

I've tried that in the past and couldn't even give them away let alone sell them. Even 07 was tough. I let the last 3 games last yr. go to "waste" and felt like I came out ahead cuz I didn't pay for parking or beer. Aside from the crap on the field, I don't enjoy going down there anymore. If you read an earlier post of mine, when an usher yelled at a guy for eating some lady's chicken sandwich, I said "no more!" Sorry, but I'm getting to where I'd rather go run Beagle dogs and take a radio than go to CBS.
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL