Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

McShay's latest mock

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

McShay's latest mock

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Interesting. He has Curry going off the board at #3 to KC, and Crabtree going to Oakland at #7. If that scenario unfolds, I'm hoping someone is enamored enough with Crabtree to trade up. Also has Rey-Rey going to Denver at #12 (followed by Orapko at #13 to the 'Skins), which I have seen a lot now.

5. Cleveland Browns (4-12): Everette Brown*, DE, Florida State
Brown's pass-rushing skills would be a welcome addition to a Cleveland defense that notched only 17 sacks in 2008.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/ ... id=3878507

Edit: Also has the 2nd round:
36. Cleveland Sean Smith* CB Utah
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: McShay's latest mock

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Thats exactly who they should pick if they want to see my face turn red and a giant vein sticking out of my forehead. That is a freaking horrible first two rounds. Id rather have Crabtree or Rey before anyone from Florida State.
Last edited by 4thQtrGlory on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:56 pm

I can see the Chiefs going Curry and I would be pissed off if they do. Either way I fully expect Mangini to go defense I just hope its somebody worth a damn. If Crabtree is on the board then the Browns should immediately begin fielding phone calls and take the best offer they can to move down. Interesting that draft expert Mike Mayock called Curry the safest pick in the draft. I must say I can't argue with that projection.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... ost_3.html
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Toad McDouche doesn't know anything, other than how to annoy me.

4thQtrGlory wrote:Thats exactly who they should pick if they want to see my face turn red and a giant vein sticking out of my forehead. That is a freaking horrible first two rounds. Id rather have Crabtree or Rey before anyone from Penn State.

Bingo. I'd prefer not to have a stroke. Another speed rushing DE from FSU? No thanks we have Kammy Wimpley.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm

This guy is a dope. Doesn't he know the FSU DE/OLB hybrid comes next year in the low teens? Right now our Baltimore personnel guy and NE DC need a Michigan WR.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby ramllov » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:16 am

McShay might be right when he says Curry going to KC.

However, Michael Crabtree would never get past the fifth pick.

He is the best player in this draft.

The reason why every draft you read has Curry going to the Browns is because Crabtree is off the board.

Mangini would pick Crabtree in a heart beat and deal Braylon Edwards, for a middle to late first round pick.

I like Braylon Edwards and could not see him being traded, but for Michael Crabtree drafted with the fifth pick, Mangini would fight off the offers. Philly has two first round picks, they need a number one pick. Other teams would love to have a number one WR.

Again, mock drafts are fun to read.

I saw a five round draft and tomorrow, I will see a four round draft. It will be fun to review.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 am

ramllov wrote:McShay might be right when he says Curry going to KC.

However, Michael Crabtree would never get past the fifth pick.

He is the best player in this draft.

The reason why every draft you read has Curry going to the Browns is because Crabtree is off the board.

Mangini would pick Crabtree in a heart beat and deal Braylon Edwards, for a middle to late first round pick.

I like Braylon Edwards and could not see him being traded, but for Michael Crabtree drafted with the fifth pick, Mangini would fight off the offers. Philly has two first round picks, they need a number one pick. Other teams would love to have a number one WR.

Again, mock drafts are fun to read.

I saw a five round draft and tomorrow, I will see a four round draft. It will be fun to review.

mock drafts are pointless until about late march. its not even the combine yet we still don't know who will rise and fall there (and it won't be Kiper's hair)

i actually like your idea of taking Crabtree and dealing Braylon ir we have a shot at Muauluga. i really like Vandy CB DJ Moore in rd. 2
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby onlyindreams » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:17 am

If Crabtree got to 5 it would probably present an interesting opportunity to trade down. Cinci could lose both Ocho Cinco and Houshmazilli so they would have to be interested in Crabtree at 6. If other teams really wanted Crabtree they'd have incentive to trade up to #5. Maybe we could even convince Cincy that we had a trade partner so they would give us a 2nd rounder to move up 1 spot ala Botch Davis. :spanky:
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby Chris » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:Thats exactly who they should pick if they want to see my face turn red and a giant vein sticking out of my forehead. That is a freaking horrible first two rounds. Id rather have Crabtree or Rey before anyone from Florida State.

Agreed. AWFUL draft. Just AWFUL.
Chris

Unread postby Crash Davis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:01 pm

No thank you! 225LBs and he's struggling to put on weight? Can you say stress fracture(s)? Seriously this guy is a future yearly IR guy if he stays anywhere near that weight and expects to be an OLB in the 3-4. Visions of Courtney Brown are flashing in my head.

February 11, 2009
"Weight is also an issue for another underclassman 'tweener, Everette Brown of Florida State. Some teams wonder if Brown has the body at this point to withstand the rigors of a 16-plus game season. In his final game at FSU, Brown weighed 225 pounds. Teams want their edge pass rushers to be around 260 pounds."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49 ... 19502.html
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby mrburns » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Don't get too worked up, I just don't see the Browns taking Everette Brown. Gotta be wary of the guys that shoot up the board late like this. NFLDC still has us taking Jenkins. I think the team has more pressing needs than CB, but Jenkins is about as safe a bet as you'll find in this draft.

McShay's credibility is shot on name alone.

mrburns

Favorite Player: Rusty Branyan
Least Favorite Player: Rapist QBs

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL