Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

No Trip Doub?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

No Trip Doub?

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: No Trip Doub?

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:34 pm

What a bunch of ass's. LeBron will publically say it is nothing, but it isnt. This along with Mo's snub will keep him uber motivated for a while.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby buckeye319 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:41 pm

This is kinda weird because Ben tipped the ball to LeBron. Well, the scorekeeper had been giving Ben's tips to other Cavs players the entire game, which is part of the reason Wally ended up with 13 boards. Yet, they didn't give those boards back to Ben, only that one rebound of LeBron.

Like Ziner said though, it will only add to the LeBron and the Cavs motivation.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby waborat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:44 pm

waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Brendan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Regardless, it was still more impressive than Kobe's most recent trip to the garden.
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Paul Brown
Brendan

Favorite Player: Lebron/Victor/Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby scott » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:52 pm

So now it is just a pedestrian 52/9/11 night?

I'm no longer impressed.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby rk » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:38 pm

buckeye319 wrote:This is kinda weird because Ben tipped the ball to LeBron. Well, the scorekeeper had been giving Ben's tips to other Cavs players the entire game, which is part of the reason Wally ended up with 13 boards. Yet, they didn't give those boards back to Ben, only that one rebound of LeBron.

A rebound only gets credited to the player who ultimately gets possession of the ball. The only exceptions are tip-ins (ie. Z-ins) or a 'team rebound' which is when no one touches the ball and it goes out of bounds or off the top of the basket.

I missed the play but if he just tipped it then the NBA is screwing Lebron. The only way this decision would be legit is if a tip was determined to be possesion.

And the reason they didn't credit other players is because the NBA doesn't care about normal stats - only record breaking stats.

EDIT: Just watched the video and it clearly wasn't a tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmDcLwM ... r_embedded
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 pm

After watching it I guess I can see their point, I need to see it in better quality than youtube to really tell if he intentionally tipped it. However to take it away is just cheap. I dont see how anything is better by taking it away. Not saying the league took a swipe over it at LBJ over his comments, but maybe it was a swipe at LBJ over his comments. There is no point to take it away.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Chris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm speechless. Anybody who thinks the NBA doesnt have an anti-Cleveland spin, or at least an agenda to get LBJ out of here and us out of the spotlight is insane.
Chris

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I AM OUTRAGED! OUTRAGED!
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Chris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:05 pm

In the end who cares whether he had a triple double or not, this is about PRINCIPLE. Like someone else said, if he had 11 rebounds, would they have reviewed this to go back and change it to 10?
Chris

Unread postby papacass » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:17 pm

The video makes it look like Wallace fumbled the ball to LeBron. But Wallace has a habit of snatching rebounds and then shoveling the ball to a teammate as fast as he can. It's partly to outlet the ball as fast as possible, and partly for style points, like when Omar used to swat-catch pop-ups.

Maybe it was a bobble and a shovel to LeBron, in which case the rebound rightfully goes to Ben. But whatever it was, it certainly wasn't a tip.

It sucks that LBJ lost the triple-double, but I can see the NBA's reasoning. My biggest problem with the whole situation is that the NBA could have just let it be, and nobody would have been worse for the wear. Ben wouldn't have missed the rebound. It didn't decide the game.

This would have been a subject of great debate in the coming years.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Thank you NBA for giving us all of the 'us versus the world' material we need to win the championship this year. Hey maybe you guys could have a presser where you announce Kobe Bryant as the MVP early because there really is no competition for him anyway?

:cheers:
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Chris wrote:I'm speechless. Anybody who thinks the NBA doesnt have an anti-Cleveland spin, or at least an agenda to get LBJ out of here and us out of the spotlight is insane.

Ok I don't get this.......They are gonna get him to leave Cleveland by taking away 1 rebound? If that's their grand strategy and agenda........

This conspriracy stuff is insane. :gah:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Chris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Chris wrote:I'm speechless. Anybody who thinks the NBA doesnt have an anti-Cleveland spin, or at least an agenda to get LBJ out of here and us out of the spotlight is insane.

Ok I don't get this.......They are gonna get him to leave Cleveland by taking away 1 rebound? If that's their grand strategy and agenda........

This conspriracy stuff is insane. :gah:

I know I know, look I'm not a conspiracy nut. SERIOUSLY. I'm not. It was just a thought I heard some scrub caller on WKNR bring up on my way home from work and it kind of worries me. I mean, don't kid yourself. Miami Heat's championship? Did ANYONE else watch that series?

The point is, and I know it's more conspiracy garbage, but what if they refuse to give him or his team respect unless he's on a big market team? I know few will agree, but again...if you think the NBA is somehow "above" this behavior...you're kidding.
Chris

Unread postby reppination7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm

i guess stern thought lebron should be punished for the remarks he made about mo not making it
reppination7

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Unread postby CharacterIV » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 pm

reppination7 wrote:i guess stern thought lebron should be punished for the remarks he made about mo not making it

Indulging the conspiratorial brain-wave for a moment: LeBron not liking Stern is a good thing. IF there really is a grand NBA conspiracy to remove LBJ from CLE and take him to NYC, David Stern has to be one of the primary pitch-men for it. He's the one who has to sell LBJ on the basketball significance of such a move, how his being the Ultimate Superstar in NYC is not simply a great opportunity, but his "Responsibility to The Game." LBJ thinking Stern is taking a pot-shot by annulling his Trib-Dub is a good thing. LBJ mad at Stern for picking Ray-Ray over Mo is a good thing. LeBron will be more inclined to let Stern's behind-the-scenes pleas fall on deaf ears and ink with Gilbert, Ferry, the Cavaliers, Cleveland, and all us fans.

That is, if you buy into the conspiracy theories.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 pm

A case of Great Lakes says it was Donnie Walsh taking the tape to the Association office. 'Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.'
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Umph » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:09 pm

jamesownsdet wrote:Thank you NBA for giving us all of the 'us versus the world' material we need to win the championship this year. Hey maybe you guys could have a presser where you announce Kobe Bryant as the MVP early because there really is no competition for him anyway?

:cheers:

AMEN!
Umph

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:46 am

Am I the only one who doesn't really think this is that big of a deal? Maybe I'm off base, and I should be outraged. But we won, and he still had a great statistical night. I'm just not that put off by this.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Here's a dose of the NBA's own medicine; research done through the videotape of the 50 point triple-double shows that in the 1st quarter LeBron was not given a rebound when he should have been credited with one. I doubt a retraction will be coming from the league.

Story: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-146/Can-LeBron-James-Have-his-Triple-Double-Back-Now-.html

Video:
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Here's a dose of the NBA's own medicine; research done through the videotape of the 50 point triple-double shows that in the 1st quarter LeBron was not given a rebound when he should have been credited with one. I doubt a retraction will be coming from the league.

Story: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-146/Can-LeBron-James-Have-his-Triple-Double-Back-Now-.html

Video:

I love it, the Cavs should publically call for it to be reinstated for nothing more than sticking it to the league. It was childish to take it away.

Then again if we publically called them out LeBron wouldnt get a call until the Fall of 2010
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA