Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

mo snubbed again, ray allen to replace nelson

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

mo snubbed again, ray allen to replace nelson

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Ray Allen Replaces Nelson as East All-Star

After draining the gamewinner in Philly on Tuesday night, Ray Allen learned on Thursday that he'll be replacing Orlando's Jameer Nelson on the Eastern Conference's All-Star team on Sunday, February 15. Allen will be making his ninth career All-Star appearance, and second for the Boston Celtics. He dropped 28 points in last year's All-Star Game in New Orleans and was narrowly beaten out for the game's MVP Award by LeBron James.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/

it is under "All-Star 09"
Last edited by reppination7 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reppination7

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: mo snubbed again, ray allen to replace nelson

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:47 pm

OK, I dug Nelson ahead of him, but c'mon.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Throw a link in there bud.

not all that suprising. the NBA loves it's Celtics... no E0y I'm not whining just stating a fact.

Mo I am sure could use the rest anyways, besides a little more motivation never hurt anyone.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Hmmm, just got off the phone with my Cav's rep and she said they weren't expecting a decision until tomorrow at the earliest?
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Allen is one of the best kept secrets in the league right now. The guy is playing WAY better than last year and he is secretly outplaying Pierce right now.

Not sure who should have gone between him and Mo, but a coin flip would have decided the answer for me.

AI starting and Lewis making it are my biggest objections to the current lineup.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:59 pm

waborat wrote:Hmmm, just got off the phone with my Cav's rep and she said they weren't expecting a decision until tomorrow at the earliest?

here is a second source to confirm it

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57044/20090205/commissioner_chooses_allen_to_replace_nelson
reppination7

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:02 pm

And Ziner, the C's only had one All Star last year until an injury got Ray on board.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And Ziner, the C's only had one All Star last year until an injury got Ray on board.

Exactly that proves my point, the NBA loves the Celts. I'm not bitching it is just a fact. They love Lebron too, but they dont love the Cavs. Joe NBA fan would rather see Ray Allen too. Its not a big deal, and Ray Allen is having a good year. I just think Mo is more of an All-Star. It isnt like they just picked Kendrick Perkins or something.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And Ziner, the C's only had one All Star last year until an injury got Ray on board.

Exactly that proves my point, the NBA loves the Celts. I'm not bitching it is just a fact. They love Lebron too, but they dont love the Cavs. Joe NBA fan would rather see Ray Allen too. Its not a big deal, and Ray Allen is having a good year. I just think Mo is more of an All-Star. It isnt like they just picked Kendrick Perkins or something.

If Perk made the All Star game I would resemble your drunk and angry self post Super Bowl.

I don't think Stern is playing team favorites here, I think he is just being Stern and picking who he thinks is having the best year. Stern has never struck me as a guy that openly roots for one city.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

If Perk made the All Star game I would resemble your drunk and angry self post Super Bowl.

I don't think Stern is playing team favorites here, I think he is just being Stern and picking who he thinks is having the best year. Stern has never struck me as a guy that openly roots for one city.

That was such a refreshing post... the hangover wasn't nearly as refreshing.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby buckeye319 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Allen should definitely be an All-Star, so I can't blame Stern for that pick. Like e0y said, AI and Lewis are questionable, as is Pierce IMO.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby rk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:45 pm

waborat wrote:Hmmm, just got off the phone with my Cav's rep and she said they weren't expecting a decision until tomorrow at the earliest?

Your rep sucks

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9185 ... -Star-team

This was a BS move. Allen is a bigger name but not as deserving as Mo and since the Commish is all about big names for big bucks in the NBA he went that route.

Total load.

Hopefully Karma takes care of this selection.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Fan's vote = AI (we bitch about it)

Coaches/Commisioner vote = Reserves (we bitch about it)

Hello Kettle, My name is Pot
waborat

Unread postby just another fool » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Allen is one of the best kept secrets in the league right now.

how is allen a secret? he's a great player and a deserving all star, though i definitely wished mo got it. but ray allen being a secret in the nba?!
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Their stats are close enough to make it an arguable selection either way.

Allen: 18.1 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.8 APG

Mo: 17.1 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 4.2 APG

Throw in the fact that Allen plays in Boston and sells more jerseys, and you have your decision.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:19 pm

AI is my only problem

thats a joke that he is ahead of Mo :gah:

o well he needs some rest......1 allstar is fine with me as long as theres a parade at the end of the year
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Who care's?

Seriously..The Cavs want respect and all-star players, there's an obvious and easy way of doing things. That is by winning a CHAMPIONSHIP...You know...that thing we've never had associated with the city of Cleveland since 1964?

Now, do I think it's bullshit? You bet your ass. Mo Williams is better than AI at the moment IMO. But it's all moot.

Besides, it's a meaningless exhibition game, I'd much rather have a damn banner in the Q, than Three All Stars.

Now e0y2e3 do I get my gold star for the day? :hide:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Chris » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

What a joke. But oh well. Ray is having a great season, I just think we should have more reps at the ASG, but blame that on Rashard freakin Lewis and Allen Iverson making it.
Chris

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:41 pm

just another fool wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Allen is one of the best kept secrets in the league right now.

how is allen a secret? he's a great player and a deserving all star, though i definitely wished mo got it. but ray allen being a secret in the nba?!

Ray Ray is considered the weakest of the big 3, he was very overrated last year, The Cavs series exposed that, no one has paid attention to him this year because of that.

He is having a very good year, probably better than PP and I have a man crush on Pierce.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby drewd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 pm

ESPN even had a poll of who they wanted to replace him, and they choose Mo over Allen...

So Devin Harris is the only real pg that made it for the east. Wow LBJ just wont the MVP again, how many assists will he have?

THIS is why the fans need help voting, They need to brake down the positions in the voting columns so PG SG SF PF and C, then the team would be more even. Right now its just the top two guards and the top two Forwards.
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Rest and motivation are good things. Mo will get his chances in the second half and playoffs to prove he's an All-Star level player. Maybe LeBron gives Mo more opportunities to shine with the ball in his hands, and we start veering away from the disturbing "LeBron and 4 guys" offense that we've been seeing more of than I like.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:40 pm

CharacterIV wrote:Rest and motivation are good things. Mo will get his chances in the second half and playoffs to prove he's an All-Star level player. Maybe LeBron gives Mo more opportunities to shine with the ball in his hands, and we start veering away from the disturbing "LeBron and 4 guys" offense that we've been seeing more of than I like.

Now this is good spin.

If Ray Allen making the All Star game somehow ends Lebron + 4 I may cry tears of joy.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Chief24Wahoo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Seriously it's a joke that the Cavs have the same amount of all-stars as the Pacers do.

But, hopefully Mike Brown plays KG, Pierce, and Allen all 48 minutes haha.
Chief24Wahoo

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Tim Tebow

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

So much for Ray Allen being a "role player" as he was called on here a few weeks ago. The dude can still play. He played hurt all last season and as I mentioned earlier in the year, he's fully healthy. I have lots of respect for his game.

I cannot stand Iverson but anyone see his statistics, aren't they better than Mo Williams's? I know Mo has had a solid year and you could argue he should have made the team, but Caron Butler didn't make it, Vince Carter, etc.... all guys with solid numbers. Hedo Turkoglu has numbers almost exact to Mo Williams, so there's lots of guys who could say they could've/should've/would've been an All Star.

In the end, who cares. The Cavaliers have a TEAM and need not worry about individual accolades. LBJ isn't going to be MVP for the season either, but at the end, let's hope they are hoisting the most important award of all after winning the NBA Finals.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't think Stern is playing team favorites here, I think he is just being Stern and picking who he thinks is having the best year. Stern has never struck me as a guy that openly roots for one city.

you can't be serious!!! like the guy from that one annoying nissan car dealership commercial says, "are you kidding me???". stern is all about the big city markets. after all, where are the league offices??? new york, duh!!!

remember the 1985 draft lottery in which he bent the corner of the envelope that contained the new york knicks card just so he could assure the biggest fish in the draft (patrick ewing) landed in the big apple??? coincidence??? i think not.

stern is a marketing genius and the nba has become what it is mainly due to stern and said marketing genius and his ability to market stars like michael jordan, larry bird, magic johnson, shaquille oneal, kobe bryant and lebron james, et al.

believe me, nothing would make him happier than to see lebron wind up in new york. the marketing potential would be off the hook. it's already plenty huge now, but it would just skyrocket exponentially if lebron was in new york. might i remind you that lebron is still just 3rd in the nba in jersey sales behind kobe & kg, but when you take into consideration that new york's nate robinson (nate robinson???) is 10th and david lee is 14th just goes to show you how skewed things are in new york.

honestly though, the main reason why stern didn't pick mo was because he didn't want mo making the all-star team because then that disposes the myth that the cavs are a one-man team, which he wants to perpetuate to the nth degree. he wants to make things so tough on lebron that the only way lebron is going to escape the horrible treatment he receives from the referees and the lack of national respect by the media is to go to new york. he thinks that eventually lebron is just going to grow weary of the sad treatment he seems to get from the refs and say "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". that will be a very sad day in cleveland if it ever does happen.

hopefully lebron will transcend all that is inherently evil in sports (money, agents, greed, me-first attitudes, et al) and just stay in cleveland, which i honestly think he will. after all, this is hometown, or at least close to it, nevermind the fact that cleveland can offer him both more money and one more year on any contract than what any other team can.

he says he wants to be a "global icon", right??? his friend warren buffet is a global icon and he lives in omaha, nebraska. bill gates is a global icon and he lives in seattle, washington. lebron doesn't need new york to be a global icon. new york needs him to soothe their own boorish egos and over-inflated sense of entitlement.

besides, what is the better story, local boy makes good and turns his team into champions, or local boy betrays hometown and turns his back on history to chase the big city lights???

by the way, can anybody name me one player who has ever taken the money and ran and still won a title??? not albert belle. not jim thome. not a-rod. not jason giambi. not kevin brown. not mike hampton. not larry hughes. about the only that has is manny ramirez and look what a joke he is.

anyway, this was supposed to be about mo williams and his getting snubbed. all i can say is "mo, make 'em pay". championship, here we come!!! go cavs!!!

:TCF:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:49 pm

honestly though, the main reason why stern didn't pick mo was because he didn't want mo making the all-star team because then that disposes the myth that the cavs are a one-man team, which he wants to perpetuate to the nth degree. he wants to make things so tough on lebron that the only way lebron is going to escape the horrible treatment he receives from the referees and the lack of national respect by the media is to go to new york. he thinks that eventually lebron is just going to grow weary of the sad treatment he seems to get from the refs and say "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". that will be a very sad day in cleveland if it ever does happen.

Huh? :wha?:

So this whole thing is a conspiracy?

He has a lack of National respect from the media? Really?

I don't get it.

I'm no David Stern fan, but I gotta give the arrogant little troll some credit. The NBA weathered the Donaghy storm, and look no wrose for wear. I don't think the NBA would be anywhere near what it is today if not for Stern.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I don't get it.

I'm no David Stern fan, but I gotta give the arrogant little troll some credit. The NBA weathered the Donaghy storm, and look no wrose for wear. I don't think the NBA would be anywhere near what it is today if not for Stern.

not it's not a conspiracy. a conspiracy takes like what, 5 or more people??? this is more like an authoritarian edict from "dictator dave".

how else can you explain kobe being given 20 free throw attempts in one game while lebron can't even get a call when he's obviously smacked in the face??? don't tell me there's no double-standard for lebron. all you have to do is breathe on guys like kobe and d-wade and the refs call a foul, whereas you can pretty much grab, push and pull lebron and practically knock him to the ground before the refs will call a foul in his favor. that's an obvious fact and not a conspiracy!!! and no it has nothing to do with the donaghy mess.

by the way, i thought i gave stern his due for being a marketing genius in making the nba what it is today. he was the one who had the smarts to market the individual players, as opposed to the teams, and he had the 3 superstars - bird, magic & "his airness" - to thank for much of his success.

as for the lack of respect from the national media, do you not watch espn or tnt??? just listen to all of the blathering "talking heads" and they will all tell you in no uncertain terms that kobe is still the better player and that boston is still the better team.

in fact, on the very night in which the cavs beat boston, i heard everybody right down the line from "screamin a" to mark jackson, jalen rose, jamal mashburn, tim legler, kenny smith, charles barkley, and the gawd-awful excrutiatingly-voiced avery johnson all pick kobe still as the mvp and boston as the best team in the nba. johnson even made the most ridiculous comment of them all that "in order to be the best, you have to beat the best" and that was right after the cavs had just beat boston, but then he went on a little further and prefaced that by saying "in a 7-game series". gimme a freaking break, avery. about the only guy who had the balls to both proclaim lebron the better player and the cavs the better team was jeff van gundy. excuse me while i stand and applaud. :clap:

go cavs!!! beat l.a. on sunday. we can only hope.

dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 am

Didn't LBJ just get 19 free throws against the same team that Kobe got his 20 against?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am

davemanddd wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I don't get it.

not it's not a conspiracy. a conspiracy takes like what, 5 or more people??? this is more like an authoritarian edict from "dictator dave".

how else can you explain kobe being given 20 free throw attempts in one game while lebron can't even get a call when he's obviously smacked in the face??? don't tell me there's no double-standard for lebron. all you have to do is breathe on guys like kobe and d-wade and the refs call a foul, whereas you can pretty much grab, push and pull lebron and practically knock him to the ground before the refs will call a foul in his favor. that's an obvious fact and not a conspiracy!!! and no it has nothing to do with the donaghy mess.

by the way, i thought i gave stern his due for being a marketing genius in making the nba what it is today. he was the one who had the smarts to market the individual players, as opposed to the teams, and he had the 3 superstars - bird, magic & "his airness" - to thank for much of his success.

as for the lack of respect from the national media, do you not watch espn or tnt??? just listen to all of the blathering "talking heads" and they will all tell you in no uncertain terms that kobe is still the better player and that boston is still the better team.

in fact, on the very night in which the cavs beat boston, i heard everybody right down the line from "screamin a" to mark jackson, jalen rose, jamal mashburn, tim legler, kenny smith, charles barkley, and the gawd-awful excrutiatingly-voiced avery johnson all pick kobe still as the mvp and boston as the best team in the nba. johnson even made the most ridiculous comment of them all that "in order to be the best, you have to beat the best" and that was right after the cavs had just beat boston, but then he went on a little further and prefaced that by saying "in a 7-game series". gimme a freaking break, avery. about the only guy who had the balls to both proclaim lebron the better player and the cavs the better team was jeff van gundy. excuse me while i stand and applaud. :clap:

go cavs!!! beat l.a. on sunday. we can only hope.

all of this because Mo Williams doesn't make the frigin' All-Start team.

Christ.

The Celtics are the defending champions.For someone to claim they are the best team in the NBA is not way off base.

Kobe Bryant in the reigning MVP. For someone to claim they believe he is still the game's best player is also not way off base.

Why people care so much about what others think, that it drives them irrational, is beyond me.

What's the big deal. If the Cavs are the best team in the league they will win the title this year. If Lebron is the best player he will lead them there. David Stern, ESPN or anyone sittin in the booth can't do a thing about it.

And, you are blowing the foul thing out of proportion. Be thankful the NBA isn't enforcing the flop rule or as a team (AV) the Cavs would be much worse off.

I think the Cavs will beat Boston if healthy. I'd take Lebron over Kobe right now in a second.

And it doesn't bother me one bit what Avery Johnson thinks.

Not one bit.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:41 am

remember the 1985 draft lottery in which he bent the corner of the envelope that contained the new york knicks card just so he could assure the biggest fish in the draft (patrick ewing) landed in the big apple??? coincidence??? i think not.

the envelope was supposedly frozen.
I forgot about all the banners that are hanging up in MSG after Ewing landed in NY.
How did Duncan wind up in San Antonio when Boston was in the lottery that year, if Stern is about big markets? Boston was in the lottery 4 out of the 5 years from '94-'98.

Shaq went through this very same thing. As stated by someone else in another thread, this league hasn't seen anyone the likes of LBJ in size, speed, and athleticism. LBJ is going to have to adjust to it , as are the refs, just like Shaq did. At least LeBron can knock down a majority of FT's.

he wants to make things so tough on lebron that the only way lebron is going to escape the horrible treatment he receives from the referees and the lack of national respect by the media is to go to new york. he thinks that eventually lebron is just going to grow weary of the sad treatment he seems to get from the refs and say "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". that will be a very sad day in cleveland if it ever does happen.

Lack of respect from the media who across the board has him as the leader in the MVP race? Many of whom called 'Bron's game against the Knicks better than Kobe's. The media who now shows Cavs highlights in the first 10 minutes of their broadcasts rather than like years past when you had to wait for highlights just before Plays of the Day. Sure there is a bias to the East Coast teams and L.A. but the gap has closed. Apparently not enough to everyones satisfaction.

I'm sure Spurs fans were up in arms back in the late 90's for lack of respect too. I say let them continue to "disrespect" the Cavs if the result is the same as San Antonio's, the franchise we're trying most to imitate.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Juannieboy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

drewd wrote:ESPN even had a poll of who they wanted to replace him, and they choose Mo over Allen...

So Devin Harris is the only real pg that made it for the east. Wow LBJ just wont the MVP again, how many assists will he have?

THIS is why the fans need help voting, They need to brake down the positions in the voting columns so PG SG SF PF and C, then the team would be more even. Right now its just the top two guards and the top two Forwards.

I think many of these "fans" must be adolescents with nothing better to do all day than vote multiple times for their hip hop choices. How else do you explain AI getting the nod? The "fans" always screw these line-ups to hell.

Maybe the NBA could use some kind of objective measures for eligibility. Say, your PER must be in the top ten for your position or something?
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:56 am

2 words

what a fucking jonke
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:06 am

Sounds to me like someone is taking it personally

"It's a slap in the face," LeBron James said of the prospect of Williams being left off the team Wednesday night in New York. "Our team has been disrespected."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/allstar_snub_of_williams_goes.html

Doesn't see as if LBJ is waving the white flag and packing his bags to NY, thus going along with Stern's master plan. Looks like the team will have something to prove in the second half of the season and beyond.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the King wearing a #2 jersey at the ASG in "honor" of Mo
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby waborat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 am

davemanddd wrote:by the way, can anybody name me one player who has ever taken the money and ran and still won a title??? not albert belle. not jim thome. not a-rod. not jason giambi. not kevin brown. not mike hampton. not larry hughes. about the only that has is manny ramirez and look what a joke he is.

Okay, I'll play:

Paul Molitor
Reggie Jackson
Rich Gossage
Jim Hunter
Chile Davis
Jack Morris
Wade Boggs
Greg Maddux
Reggie White
Mike Moore
Robert Horry
Dave Stewart
Deion Sanders
Chauncey Billups
Kirk Gibson
David Cone
Mariano Duncan
Mike Vrabel
Shaquille O'Neal
Bobby Bonilla
Ivan Rodriguez
Pete Rose
Randy Johnson
Keith Faulke
Jimmy Key
Adam Vinatieri
Plaxico Burress
waborat

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Was thinking about this.

Garnett, Pierce and Allen all made the team last year as well. Only Garnett was voted in and he missed the game due to injury. So were both Pierce and Allen injury replacements, or are you incorrect in your statement?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm

waborat wrote:
davemanddd wrote:by the way, can anybody name me one player who has ever taken the money and ran and still won a title??? not albert belle. not jim thome. not a-rod. not jason giambi. not kevin brown. not mike hampton. not larry hughes. about the only that has is manny ramirez and look what a joke he is.

Okay, I'll play:

Paul Molitor
Reggie Jackson
Rich Gossage
Jim Hunter
Chile Davis
Jack Morris
Wade Boggs
Greg Maddux
Reggie White
Mike Moore
Robert Horry
Dave Stewart
Deion Sanders
Chauncey Billups
Kirk Gibson
David Cone
Mariano Duncan
Mike Vrabel
Shaquille O'Neal
Bobby Bonilla
Ivan Rodriguez
Pete Rose
Randy Johnson
Keith Faulke
Jimmy Key
Adam Vinatieri
Plaxico Burress

Pfffff......Thats it?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby waborat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
waborat wrote:

Okay, I'll play:

Paul Molitor
Reggie Jackson
Rich Gossage
Jim Hunter
Chile Davis
Jack Morris
Wade Boggs
Greg Maddux
Reggie White
Mike Moore
Robert Horry
Dave Stewart
Deion Sanders
Chauncey Billups
Kirk Gibson
David Cone
Mariano Duncan
Mike Vrabel
Shaquille O'Neal
Bobby Bonilla
Ivan Rodriguez
Pete Rose
Randy Johnson
Keith Faulke
Jimmy Key
Adam Vinatieri
Plaxico Burress

Pfffff......Thats it?

Sorry, all I could think of over my bowl of Chex this morning
waborat

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Gotribe31 wrote:Their stats are close enough to make it an arguable selection either way.

Allen: 18.1 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.8 APG

Mo: 17.1 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 4.2 APG

Throw in the fact that Allen plays in Boston and sells more jerseys, and you have your decision.

Mo puts up almost the same point totals as Allen, and off guard aka scoring guard, but he also has to have playmaking point guard responsibilities. That's huge.

Plus there's not a GM in the Association who'd trade Mo for Allen.

It's not like He Got Game is dog food, but I still don't think it's as close as lubber claims while rooting for his Stillers eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr lee for his Celtics. :dingle:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby rk » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm

JB wrote:Plus there's not a GM in the Association who'd trade Mo for Allen.

Sure there are. Even with McHale pretending he can coach rather than pretending he wasn't running a d-league squad for the Celtics there are still some really, really, really, really shitty GMs out there.

Otherwise you couldn't explain how the Cavs got Mo.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:07 pm

FTR: I like Ray Ray, Rajon and Pierce.... but the presence of KG and Perk make it impossible for me to like anything about the C's. I think I hate those two more than any other professional athlete right now, and that includes the Steelers.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby reppination7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 pm

JB wrote:Plus there's not a GM in the Association who'd trade Mo for Allen.

how about detroit?

they traded billups for iverson

which no smart gm would do
reppination7

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

reppination7 wrote:how about detroit?

they traded billups for iverson cap space

Fixed that.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA