Text Size

The Marketplace

$Save Money Here$

Selling or looking to buy tickets or sports memorabilia? Have a small business, golf outing, or function to promote? Post it here in The Marketplace.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb

$Save Money Here$

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:15 pm

I thought it would be a good time to put up any sites or services we come across that will save us money.

I got this sent to me today.....If you have a good prescription, which I do, I figure I can get a new set of glasses for around $40.....and that includes all the goodies (scratch protection, etc)

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

It took alittle figuring out, but really it was easy once I went through it.....All you need is a ruler with MM measurements on it....

I hope this thread will help us all save alittle bit of the green! :thumb up:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Re: $Save Money Here$

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 pm

I could never buy glasses without seeing how they looked on me. I wear glasses and this would never work for me.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby idoctribefan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 pm

The Tribe Zone wrote:I thought it would be a good time to put up any sites or services we come across that will save us money.

I got this sent to me today.....If you have a good prescription, which I do, I figure I can get a new set of glasses for around $40.....and that includes all the goodies (scratch protection, etc)

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

It took alittle figuring out, but really it was easy once I went through it.....All you need is a ruler with MM measurements on it....

I hope this thread will help us all save alittle bit of the green! :thumb up:

A few optometrists I worked with in Illinois bought a few pairs of these glasses from this very site. We were interested in how they'd be. The frames are of average quality, but the optics on the lenses is quite poor. If you're on a real tight budget and don't need to see crystal-clear, go for it. But you get what you pay for.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Ok, so my idea to try to save us all alittle money during these difficult times hit a few snags......no problemo. :hic:

Me, I'm giving this service a try. Considering the amount of my last set of glasses, the $40 for this set is just a spit in the river....I just want a backup set.

I'll let ya know how they are....

I'm hard on glasses.....my last set I ran over......flattened them so flat, I could have mailed them in an envelope......(left them on the trailer fender while I was cutting firewood in the woods and then ran them over with a full load)...... :gah:

I actually found the same frames (and the measurements all matched).....We'll see how the lenses are.... ;-) ;) :wink:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Return to The Marketplace