Text Size

The Rumble Room

Pac Man - Hatton .. May 2 baby

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Pac Man - Hatton .. May 2 baby

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Pac Man - Hatton .. May 2 baby

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 pm

Not going to happen baby, go figure:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17999

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:48 am

I don't blame Pac. NFW he should only be making 52% of the purse in this fight. Yes, the total dollars are big, and many will be hard on Pac Man for bitching about 52% and a guaranteed 12 mill. But shit, he should get at least 60% of this purse. He's the top lb for lb in the sport. Ricky has some nice wins against solid compeititors, but he's not in Manny's class.

If I'm Manny, on principle, I don't fight Hatton and his drunken singing disciples for anything less than 60/40. I don't blame him. Hatton knows he would get his ass beat, and if he really wanted to fight Manny hed take 40-45%.

Sucks though, I desperately wanted to see this fight. Both guys so active. Ricky's bull forward style vs Pac's bouncy stick and move attack style.

Who else is out there for Pac Man? Tim Bradley/Kendall Holt winner in the summer? Not sure how many PPVs that sells though. Can't see him fighting Juan Manuel again this soon.

Maybe the Juan Diaz/Juan Manuel winner for Fatton?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:55 am

When this fight was first mentioned, the 50/50 split was supposedly agreed on.
Boxing has a chance at a great year and this is a damn shame.
Hatton sells tickets no matter who or where he fights.
With the jack they are making 50/50 makes sense.
Hatton nows sets his sights on a Mayweather rematch.

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:54 am

No sense to me in watching Mayweather take apart Hatton again. Prolly what'll happen though. Ricky gets his dough, Floyd gets another opponent he knows can't hurt him.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:29 am

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 am

Sweet

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby BernieBrown » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Honestly I have no idea why Hatton wouldn't get at lest 45-50%. If this is anything like his past fights, he will be bringing half of England with him. If Hatton draws half the crowd and PPV buys there is no reason he shouldn't get half the prophets.

As for the fight itself I'll take Hatton in seven.
BernieBrown

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am

Can not wait for this one.

Like Pac Man to win, but for some reason, I think this fight is not the rout that Mayweather/Hatton was. Don't get me wrong, it could be, as Manny is the much more talented fighter.

This fight is everything for Hatton. For Pac Man, it's just a fight. He's had such a stretch of dominance, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one be a little closer than the experts think.

Should be an interesting matchup with Ricky trying to bull inside against Manny, and Pac Man using those springy legs to pop in, hurt Hatton, and pop back out. Two maniacal fan bases, and every clean punch landed should trigger roars from all the Brits and Fillipinos in attendance.

Also fired up to see the Fight Dr's boy Daniel Jacobs on the undercard, fighting just 8 days after his win on Friday night. Humberto Soto fights on the undercard as well.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm on record picking Hatton and I'm not changing my mind.
Should be a slugfest.

Jacobs aka The Golden Child.
Check him out.

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri May 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Do you guys know of any bars/restaurants on the westside that will have this fight on? I hate plunking down $50 for these fight PPVs because they're so unpredictable. The closer to Strongsville, the better. Thanks.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Guest » Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm

I saw a place in Parma, Scorekeepers maybe, was showing it.
I saw it in Scene magazine

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 02, 2009 5:06 pm

We are ready:

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm

FightDr wrote:We are ready:

Love the photo. Ordered the PPV. Do the PPV usually have undercards televised? 9:00pm. What time does the fight actually begin? Thanks
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm

They should be showing 3 to 4 undercard fights and then the main event.
Pacquiao Hatton probably won't start until 11:30 or 12

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:30 pm

FightDr wrote:They should be showing 3 to 4 undercard fights and then the main event.
Pacquiao Hatton probably won't start until 11:30 or 12

Thanks. Enjoy.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Just can't pick against Manny. He's too good. Just love watching him fight. Best legs of any boxer I've seen in my life. So quick, the way he can pop in and pop out.

Expecting a great fight. Manny establishes himself early, Ricky weathers the storm and mounts a comeback, but Manny wins the championship rounds late.

Pac Man in a close but unanimous decision. 116-112, 115-113, 115-113.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Love this new "Punch Zone" technology HBO is using that shows where guys are getting hit, and how often.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat May 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Going to stream the fight live...

http://www.your-motor.com/
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Man, those two young middles have scary potential. Lara and Korolev. Wow.

Can't wait to see Daniel Jacobs. Got my new "Golden Child" tee on to support him.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Impressive performance from Jacobs cuz. Against a solid tough fighter.

Jacobs is a smart fighter with big time talent. Seems to be a good kid, dynamic personality as well.

Great land.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Holy shit.

WOW. Effin Pac Man.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 11:41 pm

Hattons done. Too much pride to step back and fight Manny the right way ... especially after being embarrased in the 1st rd.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Sweet mother of Jesus.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 11:48 pm

He's the Tiger Woods of boxing. The best I've seen in my lifetime. So likable.

Dominant at 5 different weight classes. Speed, skill, power.

And you just can't say enough about the job Freddy Roach has done with Manny. So much more complete a fighter from the days of his battles with Morales and Barrera.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat May 02, 2009 11:55 pm

1. I'm glad I didn't pay for that.

2. ................... did that just happen? I mean, I know Pac Man is the best out there right now, but Hatton is a highly ranked professional fighter who has went wire to wire with some of the best. Did I just see that? He just rushed through him like shit through a goose. I mean, he buried his ass short of 2 rounds. The guy is a frickin animal.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Hatton looks like someone beat his head into a brick wall for about half an hour.

Fight lasted 4 minutes.

How good is the winner of Mayweather/Marquez vs Manny going to be?

Biggest fight since ... shit, Hagler/Sugar Ray?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 am

Huge KO over a way too hyped up Hatton.
Manny is great and Ricky is a decent fighter who got blown out when he fought top level guys.
Hatton will sleep for days after that left hand.

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun May 03, 2009 12:58 am

first of all thanks Dr for the info about Scorekeepers. I went there with a buddy and we enjoyed the evening of boxing and celts/bulls.

Wow, Manny was just too quick for Hatton. Hatton is a brawler and after about the first minute it was obvious he just needed to catch Pacquiao with a big shot to have any chance of winning. Didn't happen.

Like Bayou said, very glad I didn't pay the money for that card. But I'm glad I went to the bar and spent $12 on beer to watch.

Looking forward to Mayweather/Marquez. For anyone interested, Scorekeepers in Parma Heights has all boxing PPVs on their bigscreens. It was a good time. Another guy I talked to tonight said he called 9 bars and Scorekeepers was the only one showing the fight.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun May 03, 2009 1:37 am

Pacquiao > Everyone

I didn't get to see it live, but I'm viewing replays of it on YouTube right now before they take it down for copyright infringement. What a left.

And even though I was rooting for Pacquiao, I always feel really bad when he knocks somebody out. I mean, just watching Hatton just laying on the floor in a vegetative state, his trainers and medical guys putting towels under his head just in case anything was broken, really tore into me. Yeah, it's part of the sport, but god damn.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 8:10 am

The best you have seen in your lifetime? Wow. That's big.
Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr are the best I have seen.
I still have Manny number 3 on my pound for pound list behind Juan Manuel Marquez(who I had beating Manny twice, rewatch the fights a few times) and Paul Williams.
Manny is great, no doubt about it, but his last two fights are way too over hyped because of the HUGE names he beat.
He dominated 2 of the most recognized fighters ever, but that doesn't make him the king in my eyes.

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 am

You look at the entire body of work, you can't even put Roy Jones in the same coversation as Manny in my mind. Jones fought no one his entire career, hid at a weak weight class. Manny has sought the toughest fights, going and up and down in weight to do so. The resumes are polar opposites. Its why I respect Manny so much. He takes all the toughest fights. Roy Jones could have been one of the best ever, but chose to avoid fights where he thought he could get hurt.

As far as Mayweather goes, both he and Manny fought Hatton and DeLaHoya. Manny, a much smaller man than Mayweather, absolutely destroyed both fighters. Mayweather beat them both convicingly, but nowhere near to the level of what Pac Man did to them.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 9:52 am

Floyd and Manny are two totally different fighters, hard to compare them.
Pretty Boy is defense first and one of the smartest fighters ever, Manny is seek and destroy.

I love how you don't give Roy any credit but everyone had him pound for pound king for what, 5 or 6 years?
He beat your boy Hopkins, in his prime, and pretty easily.
Who didn't he fight that he should have?

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 am

Jones spent his whole career fighting at a weight class no one fights at so he could feed his ego. And through his entire career he's been blaming big fights not happening on others guys money demands. Get the fights done.

Finally, he moves up to heavy to fight Ruiz, a joke of a fighter. So he could say he won a heavyweight belt. He finally moves to a real weight class, and takes one fight against a guy most middleweights could beat up.

Here it is:

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hu ... &cat=boxer

Nobody. 20 years of fighting nobodies. With all kinds of great fighters 7 and 15 pounds below him at 168 and 160.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 10:16 am

He beat this guy:

8. Bernard Hopkins - Savvy pro coming off a destruction of middleweight king Kelly Pavlik.

He beat him easily too.
That's enough for me.

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am

FightDr wrote:He beat this guy:

8. Bernard Hopkins - Savvy pro coming off a destruction of middleweight king Kelly Pavlik.

He beat him easily too.
That's enough for me.

He did.

Fact thats the only win you can brag about pretty much makes my argument for me though.

Great fighter? No question. Amazing skill and talent? As good as I've seen.

One of the greatest fighters ever? We'll never know. He may have been. Lacking the empirical evidence to say for sure.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 am

There really is no point in debating it, it's all opinion.
You don't like Roy. I don't like BHop.
Some things will never change.

How about him destroying an 44-0 James Toney?

Ok, I'm done.
I still love you cuz.

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun May 03, 2009 11:25 am

I gotta see Pacquiao/Mayweather. Not to sleep on Marquez, but we've been there before. I just think the monumental energy around a Pac Man / Mayweather fight would just be on a whole different level. One of the best pound for pound defenders against one of the best pound for pound offensive assaults in our era. The unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 am

I would actually rather see the Marquez Mayweather fight.
Two of the most tactical fighters we have seen in a long time.
Manny has earned getting the winner.
The winner: boxing fans, and I love it.

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun May 03, 2009 12:01 pm

The winner: boxing fans, and I love it.

rack that.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon May 04, 2009 10:07 am

FightDr wrote:The best you have seen in your lifetime? Wow. That's big.
Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr are the best I have seen.

Off Topic:
Nothing to do with Jones' ability in the ring but I met him in a line at Universal Studios in Orlando. The guy asked me ten times if I knew who he was and if I wanted his autograph. He said "I am going to be the greatest of all time" Um, not so much. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to The Rumble Room