Text Size

The Rumble Room

Abraham vs. Sturm talks are heating up

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Abraham vs. Sturm talks are heating up

Unread postby Rusty » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:00 am

Team Sauerland offer Felix Sturm 2.5 million euros to fight Arthur Abraham

Undefeated IBF middleweight champion King Arthur Abraham is hopeful that Felix Sturm will finally get in the ring with him after Team Sauerland earlier this week submitted a written offer of 2.5 million euros. Abraham would not be distracted by Sturm´s latest remarks in which he called the offer a PR gag. “The offer is on the table,” King Arthur said. “It was officially submitted in writing by our managing director. This is as serious as it gets..”

Two weeks ago, King Arthur stopped mandatory challenger Raul Marquez in the seventh round to retain his IBF belt. Before starting a well-deserved vacation, he will make a couple of media appearances, including visits to a TV charity show, the Chess Olympiad and the Laureus World Sports Awards. “I am already looking forward to relaxing a little,” King Arthur said. “I will return to practice in December to prepare for my next fight which will hopefully be the unification against Sturm – if he dares to get in the same ring with me.”
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Re: Abraham vs. Sturm talks are heating up

Unread postby Rusty » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 am

The FightDr might as well just delete the this entire thread, because it is a waste of time.

Felix Sturm calls out Abraham after every victory, only to puss out after a record payday is offered to him from Abraham. These guys both seem content with this cycle and they will continue to revert back to fighting Euro bums or washed up fighters rather than agreeing to fight each other or any genuine competition where there is any risk involved.

Look for every single MW-SMW fighter on the planet that doesn't want to face any adversity to zero in on Carl "what the fuck is a" Froch. I see that Joe Calzaghe is already mixing it up with this bum in the media... not surprising at all. I also imagine that a talented boxer like Mikkel Kessler is currently studying film of Sakio Bika, while in the prime of his career.

Fucking Euro-Bums...
Rusty

Unread postby Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:06 am

I like Abraham a lot, I'm very impressed with him.
These guys need to fight already and quit running their mouths.

Unread postby Rusty » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:46 am

Abraham is a very powerful puncher, but he is a very unexciting fighter for the most part. He usually covers up most of the time and only fights in spurts averaging around one minute per round, even against total stiffs. His resume is also incredibly weak.

It's easy to look impressive when you are constantly fighting tomato cans.
Rusty

Unread postby Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:03 am

He's been pretty aggressive his last few times out. I like defensive fighters too. It shows they have the all around game down. I think he would beat Pavlik.
If you take Jermain Taylor off of Pavlik's resume, who has he beaten? Let's be honest here.

Unread postby Rusty » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:16 am

For starters, Pavlik pretty much ruined the guy who cleaned Abraham's clock. In any country other than Germany, Miranda wins that first fight by TKO when Abraham needed medical attention in order to go on. At one point in the mid rounds, even the ref called for a TKO.

Please explain why we should just take two quality wins vs. Jermain Taylor off of Pavlik's resume. Who do we take off of Abraham's recent list of opponents to balance that out? Raul Marquez, Elvin Ayala, Wayne Elcock, Khoren Gevor, do I really need to go on?

I expect Pavlik will beat Abraham based on his size advantage, experience and workrate. Kelly will impose his will, pounding through Abraham's guard and will eventually force him to fight. Abraham has a punchers chance in this fight, probably not much more. It will be a great fight if it ever happens.
Rusty

Unread postby Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:26 am

I'm just saying Pavlik hasn't fought top flight competition OTHER than Taylor.
I'm a huge Taylor fan and give credit where credit is due. Two great wins for Kelly.
The fact Abraham kept fighting while blood poured out of his mouth and had a broken jaw is pretty impressive to me. Then he came back and destroyed Miranda the 2nd time.
I hope we get to see Pavlik vs Abraham, it's a fight that needs to happen.

Unread postby Rusty » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:56 am

Pavlik HAS fought tough competition other than Taylor... Bernard Hopkins immediately comes to mind. Sure, Kelly lost that fight, but he did put his ass on the line against an all time great and jumped up nearly two weight classes to make it happen.

I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but it's time for Abraham and Sturm to finally agree to fight each other or at the very least start fighting opponents that pose a legitimate threat.

It's easy to look great when you make a career out of fighting bums. This is the perfect time for these guys to step up to the plate.
Rusty

Return to The Rumble Room