Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Away games?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Away games?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Anyone have any good trips planned this season? Gonna catch the Tribe on the road?

I think I'm going to catch them in Houston first weekend of the season (4/3, 4/4). Nothing else planned thus far, but who knows?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Away games?

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Depends when and where work sends me out of town.

Arlington is a possiblity (as is the Rangers AA club in Frisco Tx), along with Chicago, New York, Detroit and Pittsburgh.

And of course the monthly trip to Columbus OH. :partyers:
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:01 am

Re: Away games?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm buying tickets for Wrigley and figuring out how to get there that week. Obviously I can drive myself, but who knows if I can afford a hotel. Maybe Ziner will put me and the missus up for a night!
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14352
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Away games?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:I'm buying tickets for Wrigley and figuring out how to get there that week. Obviously I can drive myself, but who knows if I can afford a hotel. Maybe Ziner will put me and the missus up for a night!


I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:26 pm

I plan on hitting all the minor league affiliates in Ohio. Maybe even that new pickup team in Avon.

Are we due to play in Pittsburgh this year?
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 pm

June 23-25 @ Pitt, Spin.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Away games?

Unread postby OpusTPenguin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:38 pm

In case anyone is interested in getting bang for your buck on a road trips:

Yanks and Mets both home 4/17,18,19
O's and Nats 9/4,5,6
A's and Giants 7/31 8/1,2
Rangers and Astros 4/17,18,19 6/26,27,28 9/11,12,13,25,26,27
Marlins and Rays 5/15,16,17 - what's really cool about this series is having a space shuttle launch on the 15th. I'll actually be down in Florida for this weekend
There is no weekend where the Cubs and Sox are each in town. I went to just such a weekend with my pop last year.
Since the Cubs and Sox are never in town together, that means the Brewers must share a lot of weekend games with those teams - 6 series in Milwaukee when the Sox are in Chicago and 8 weekend series when the Cubs are in Chicago. It's about a 90 minute drive, or you can take the train for about $20 (I think)

I bought the Cubs tix from Stubhub last year and paid through the nose. Wrigleyville is kinda grimey, but Wrigley really is a great place to see a game.
Last edited by OpusTPenguin on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpusTPenguin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Squints » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Gotribe31 wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:I'm buying tickets for Wrigley and figuring out how to get there that week. Obviously I can drive myself, but who knows if I can afford a hotel. Maybe Ziner will put me and the missus up for a night!


I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?



I plan on going to Wrigley too. I have been following this for the past month. Regular season Cubs tickets aren't for sale yet and there isn't a date according to cubs.com. I searched it and found that tickets go on sale in Feb. however the website I found this on was answers.com, so nothing official. My best guess is to check the website periodically for the sale date and then be at the ready the minute they go on sale. It's a weekend series so Fri, Sat afternoon games for sure and then whether or not it is a Sun night ESPN game. The series is on Father's Day weekend. I used that nugget and it saved me a :roll :roll: from the wife.

Anyone ever do or know anyone that has done a rooftop game?
Squints
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Fairview, PA
Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: Away games?

Unread postby twdelaney34 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 am

Squints wrote:
Gotribe31 wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:I'm buying tickets for Wrigley and figuring out how to get there that week. Obviously I can drive myself, but who knows if I can afford a hotel. Maybe Ziner will put me and the missus up for a night!


I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?



I plan on going to Wrigley too. I have been following this for the past month. Regular season Cubs tickets aren't for sale yet and there isn't a date according to cubs.com. I searched it and found that tickets go on sale in Feb. however the website I found this on was answers.com, so nothing official. My best guess is to check the website periodically for the sale date and then be at the ready the minute they go on sale. It's a weekend series so Fri, Sat afternoon games for sure and then whether or not it is a Sun night ESPN game. The series is on Father's Day weekend. I used that nugget and it saved me a :roll :roll: from the wife.

Anyone ever do or know anyone that has done a rooftop game?


I have friends who have done rooftops and swear by them. I will probably do it for at least one of the Tribe games. $100-150 all you can eat and drink, not too shabby of a seat, definitely worth it if you're a drinker.

Honestly, if you have never been to Wrigley, buy the regular ticket, go in and see the actual stadium. The rooftop is cool, but you should actually go in and see the place at least once, just a great stadium with a nice feel. Muncipal but not as shitty, still has the poles though. Nothing like having an Old Style in Wrigley.
"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."
User avatar
twdelaney34
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Jonathan Papelbon

Re: Away games?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am

Gotribe31 wrote:I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?


I don't know. Whore myself out?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14352
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Toxicadam » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:18 am

I'm gonna do Pittsburgh. I love that park.
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Away games?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 am

Skating Tripods wrote:
Gotribe31 wrote:I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?


I don't know. Whore myself out?


Somehow, I can't see that working out to well for me :bag:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Away games?

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:47 am

They playing any games in London this year?? No? damn!

I'm gonna be in Las Vegas from April 29th until Mid-may.... any games near then around that time?

Stinks to be living on this side of the pond some times.
User avatar
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Cardiff, UK
Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Away games?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 am

Also, if anyone wants to see the K-Tribe in action, the high-A affiliate of the Nationals plays just south of DC. I think it is the closest Carolina League park to Cleveland, and you can always do the combo K-Tribe/nation's capital trip. Just let me know ahead of time, and I'll put the beers on ice. :cheers:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:I think I'm going to catch them in Houston first weekend of the season (4/3, 4/4).

What? Are those exhibition games or something?
User avatar
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 am
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Re: Away games?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 am

Gotribe31 wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Gotribe31 wrote:I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?


I don't know. Whore myself out?


Somehow, I can't see that working out to well for me :bag:


I guess I'm just going to find out when single games go on sale for the Cubs and try to grab some tickets for at least one of the Indians games then. Unfortunately, it'll be a "prime" series, so tickets will be about double.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14352
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Away games?

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am

OpusTPenguin wrote:Marlins and Rays 5/15,16,17 - what's really cool about this series is having a space shuttle launch on the 15th. I'll actually be down in Florida for this weekend


You are going to be doing some heavy duty driving in Florida. (whew)
Marlins in Miami, Rays in Tampa, and the space shuttle on the east coast (Cape Canaveral). That's some mileage. Have fun. Space launches are incredible. :thumb up:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Away games?

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:
Bayou Tribe wrote:I think I'm going to catch them in Houston first weekend of the season (4/3, 4/4).

What? Are those exhibition games or something?


Yeah, it looks like exhibition. The season opener is in Arlington a couple days later. I may try to get to Houston for these games if I can get someone to trade weekend shifts.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Away games?

Unread postby cb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

PNC in June. Never been but very excited. Heard it is beautiful.

Went to Wrigley 2 summers ago where they lost a heartbreaker to the Reds, I believe (can't remember- just remember Zambrano and Howry!). Awesome experience. Friends got the seats, so not sure how. THey are White Sox season ticket holders so they were upset when I didn't choose to see them instead of Cubbies (as if!). Awesome, except for the poles, as another writer commented. It was a madhouse leaving there by train- would have stayed at a bar but friends had to work in the am!!;(
User avatar
cb
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah, it looks like exhibition.


Yep, and it looks as if it is the only shot I'll get at seeing the Tribe live this year. The wife and I decided on a west coast vacation this summer so it looks like it's this or nothing for me.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Away games?

Unread postby TOTribeFan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 pm

For me, a road trip is a home game in Cleveland as I make my annual pilgramage to the Jake. I may also hit Detroit. If you are in NE Ohio, the trip to Toronto is an easy one. It's a five hour drive and with a favourable exchange rate, you can do it fairly cheaply. That poor excuse for a ballpark - Skydome/Rogers Centre is nothing to see (in my opinion), but you can walk up and buy good tickets quite easily right up until game time. There is lots to do in the area and I might even buy you a beer!
User avatar
TOTribeFan
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14 am
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada

Re: Away games?

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm

TO: I'm heading up to Toronto to catch two of the US's games in the WBC in March. Staying at the Westin since it's nice and pretty close. We got a great AAA rate. Any recommendations on where to eat?

Will be heading to Pittsburgh for sure to catch one of those games. Wish I could go to Wrigley but that will never happen, lol. Went to Cincy last year for the series down there, not going this season though.
cozmeesah
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 pm
Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Re: Away games?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:42 pm

cb wrote:PNC in June. Never been but very excited. Heard it is beautiful.

Went to Wrigley 2 summers ago where they lost a heartbreaker to the Reds, I believe (can't remember- just remember Zambrano and Howry!). Awesome experience. Friends got the seats, so not sure how. THey are White Sox season ticket holders so they were upset when I didn't choose to see them instead of Cubbies (as if!). Awesome, except for the poles, as another writer commented. It was a madhouse leaving there by train- would have stayed at a bar but friends had to work in the am!!;(


Reminds me of the Simpson's I saw last night. Homer and Mr. Burns in Chicago, seeing the city, monuments going past as they drive. They pass a stadium that says "Wrigley Field- Home of the Cubs" then pass another stadium that says just "Stadium Where the White Sox Play".

That about sums it up.

Worse than going to NYC to see friends and ending up at Shea rather than Yankee Stadium. And Wrigleyille has it ALL over Cabrini green as far as neighborhoods go. (whew)
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Away games?

Unread postby cms2718 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Going to try and hit up Cinncy in May, and then Pitt in June...all depends tho on work and stuff tho.
User avatar
cms2718
Still calls it The Jake
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: Concord/Athens, Oh

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:June 23-25 @ Pitt, Spin.


I almost wanna go there and put on my Quinn Jersey to piss of the Yinz. A little payback ;).

They playing the Reds this year at Cincy? Dug going to watching the game in their new stadium last time I went to see them play...Milwaukee? I think.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Away games?

Unread postby carnegie44115 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 am

As I am closer to Cinci, I am sure I will take in one of the games during the May 22-24 series at GABP.

I will most definitely catch Columbus when they come to Victory Field in Indianapolis to play the Indy Indians in the beginning week of the International League's season. I will see them a lot with Indy and Cbus being in the same division, I will try to catch every game when they come to Indy, so I will try to bring some highlights to the boards. I've never been to the stadium in Louisville, and it is not much farther than Indy, so I may go down there and catch the Clippers there too.
Tribe Fan since 1995!

And...

Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
User avatar
carnegie44115
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 pm
Favorite Player: Travis Hafner
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Stu » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:They playing any games in London this year?? No? damn!

I'm gonna be in Las Vegas from April 29th until Mid-may.... any games near then around that time?

Stinks to be living on this side of the pond some times.


4-5 hour drive to LA would be your best option.

But you are in Vegas, you can enjoy all of Baseball at the Wynn or Bellagio on the big screens in the sports book.

Also, if you want to see a game, I'd recommend hitting a 51s game. Its pretty cool to see them play in the low humidity, high heat air. The ball just carries. 420 to dead center with a 20ish foot wall and people still crank them out of the park.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Away games?

Unread postby PkTribe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi,
My first post on this forum...nice to be here.

We do baseball trips every year, mainly to see the stadiums, as we haven't yet seen the Tribe on the road.
I hate going through scalpers so what I do is sign up for all of the MLB.com newsletters for the team(s) we are planning to visit. These, like the Tribe ones, usually give you notice as to when tickets are on sale and, if you're lucky, you get a password to get your pick of tickets a day or two before the general public. You do end up getting a lot of extra emails that you don't necessarily want about all the goings-on for those teams, but I find it worth it to weed through all of that to find out what I do need to know. There's a page somewhere on MLB.com that lists all the newsletters they send from all of the teams - you can check all you want then hit submit. If you can't find it please post and I will go try and remember where it is.

While neither offered early sales last year to subscribers, I was able to get regular price tickets for games at both Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium last year for the exact dates I needed (last day/first day of homestands) because I knew exactly when they would go on sale from these newsletters. Of course the tickets were still overpriced (compared to Cleveland) and the seats, particularly at Yankee Stadium, stunk, but there wasn't anyone else making money on the deal.

This year we're going to Washington/Baltimore in June. The Orioles are home against the Mets and then right after Washington's at home against somebody. Oriole single game sales start on the 17th - the newsletter subscribers got a password for a special pre-sale on the 14th and 15th. Nationals single game sales haven't started yet, nor have they for any of the other newsletters I get (Chicago teams, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, New York teams, Phillies, Pittsburgh, still need to sign up for Detroit I think).

I hope this helps.

PK
PkTribe
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm
Favorite Player: Willie Stargell
Least Favorite Player: Joe Borowski

Re: Away games?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:08 pm

PkTribe wrote:Hi,
My first post on this forum...nice to be here.

We do baseball trips every year, mainly to see the stadiums, as we haven't yet seen the Tribe on the road.
I hate going through scalpers so what I do is sign up for all of the MLB.com newsletters for the team(s) we are planning to visit. These, like the Tribe ones, usually give you notice as to when tickets are on sale and, if you're lucky, you get a password to get your pick of tickets a day or two before the general public. You do end up getting a lot of extra emails that you don't necessarily want about all the goings-on for those teams, but I find it worth it to weed through all of that to find out what I do need to know. There's a page somewhere on MLB.com that lists all the newsletters they send from all of the teams - you can check all you want then hit submit. If you can't find it please post and I will go try and remember where it is.

While neither offered early sales last year to subscribers, I was able to get regular price tickets for games at both Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium last year for the exact dates I needed (last day/first day of homestands) because I knew exactly when they would go on sale from these newsletters. Of course the tickets were still overpriced (compared to Cleveland) and the seats, particularly at Yankee Stadium, stunk, but there wasn't anyone else making money on the deal.

This year we're going to Washington/Baltimore in June. The Orioles are home against the Mets and then right after Washington's at home against somebody. Oriole single game sales start on the 17th - the newsletter subscribers got a password for a special pre-sale on the 14th and 15th. Nationals single game sales haven't started yet, nor have they for any of the other newsletters I get (Chicago teams, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, New York teams, Phillies, Pittsburgh, still need to sign up for Detroit I think).

I hope this helps.

PK


It would help more if you posted the password to get the pre-sale tix for the Baltimore series :cheers:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Away games?

Unread postby PkTribe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Gotribe31 wrote:
It would help more if you posted the password to get the pre-sale tix for the Baltimore series :cheers:


I thought it was expired but it's not apparently
http://presalepasswordticket.com/baltim ... home-games

6345
PkTribe
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm
Favorite Player: Willie Stargell
Least Favorite Player: Joe Borowski

Re: Away games?

Unread postby DrPoove » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:21 pm

I will probably head up to Balti-whore to catch the Tribe since it is a weekend series.

Dr. P
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
User avatar
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am
Location: Lakewood, OH
Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Squints » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Gotribe31 wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Gotribe31 wrote:I want to get to Wrigley as well. I heard tix are a bitch though, how are you getting yours?


I don't know. Whore myself out?


Somehow, I can't see that working out to well for me :bag:


I guess I'm just going to find out when single games go on sale for the Cubs and try to grab some tickets for at least one of the Indians games then. Unfortunately, it'll be a "prime" series, so tickets will be about double.



According to the Cubs website, tickets go on sale to the public on Feb. 20, Friday, FYI.
Squints
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Fairview, PA
Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Squints » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Bringing this thread back up.

Saw a ballgame at Wrigley for the first time on Friday. Despite the ending of the game, it was a great experience. It's like stepping back in time when ballparks were part of the community. Saw the rooftops and the pagentry for my own eyes.

Haven't seen poles in sight lines nor troughs for urinals since Municipal. The lower deck grand stand reminded me of Municipal where if a ball was hit in the air, it was lost from sight, but there were televisions so people could follow the path of the ball if they chose. My wife and I both thought that the overall ballpark, not the field but the walkways, facilities, etc were in better condition than Fenway and old Yankee.

Most importantly, the Cubs fans we talked to realize what a rare gem they have in this old ballpark and respect it. Despite the early rain, downpour at times and the fast approaching rain at the end of the game (plus the meltdown) I am truly glad that I finally made it to this ballpark!
Squints
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Fairview, PA
Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 pm

You are a lucky man
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Away games?

Unread postby fivekmd » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:52 am

I will be off to PNC park on Thursday to watch the Tribe-Bucs. But after being born and raised in Lorain County, I now live in the Pittsburgh suburbs so I guess it's not really a road trip for me.

PNC is a great place to take in a game though, despite the terrible product on the field.
fivekmd
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Body: Pittsburgh, PA; Heart and Soul: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Brian Brennan
Least Favorite Player: Carlos Boozer

Re: Away games?

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 pm

One thing for sure, someone's gotta win.

eventually...
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks


Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests