Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

What is the worst chain restaurant???

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Re: What is the worst chain restaurant???

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Triple-S wrote:
FUDU wrote:
BTW - McDonalds is so aweful it should just fold up shop. They count?

Yeah they count, but I think it is just assumed.

Worst part it they are not even fast anymore, totally no incentive to even pull in their driveway anymore.

There's auctually a rebuilt Mickey D's that's not half bad around here. Good if you want to eat cheap. Get a double cheese burger, fries and it'll run ya about two bucks. Not bad.

If I'm gonna go the fast food route I'll generally hit Steak n Shake or Frisch's Big Boy. Or Taco Hell.
Tymaster

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 am

Tymaster wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Worst part it they are not even fast anymore, totally no incentive to even pull in their driveway anymore.

The last time I ate McDonals I literally hurled. Bad stuff.

No better values than the McD's double cheeseburger and the large fresh brewed iced tea for a buck. That, and I can feed my family (of 6) for under $20? I'm a fan.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 pm

This thread "inspired" me to go to Applebees last night. It was pretty much as aweful as most people wrote.

Got a salad - which was good - and a trio. It was alot like those TGIFriday appatizers you buy in the grocery and nuke to eat.

Sometimes I just love to go back and remind myself how bad it is when I need to maintenance eat.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
FUDU wrote:

The last time I ate McDonals I literally hurled. Bad stuff.

No better values than the McD's double cheeseburger and the large fresh brewed iced tea for a buck. That, and I can feed my family (of 6) for under $20? I'm a fan.

It's like FUDU said.

It isn't just that the food is bad - I feel like I'm hung over 45 minutes after I eat there - although once every two months I NEED a double cheese, like you say. It's in the American DNA . It's just that when was the last time you went to a McDonalds and the service wasn't jacked up to the point you end up talking to yourself in frustration? I just want to go back there and make my own food.

I am so old that I remember a day when they used to just bust stuff out like we the people. It was a monster experience. Burgers used to come off a grill & not a warmer, too. But now? 9 times out of ten it is a fubar clusterfreak. Plus, that whole cleanilness thing Kroc built the empire on? It's like a TJ street vendor now. I will literally not do the Boardman store and will drive 5 miles away to one that is only semi-jacked up . At Boardman it takes you like 25 minutes to get a non-special order and it's like eating in Trenchtown in Kingston.

By comparison, most Wendy's are still efficient and it's real food. Wendy's and Arby's are the BMW and Lexus of fast-food. Chick-fillet is like the Honda. Taco Bell is like riding the bus. Sometimes its the only way.
jb

Unread postby Naxos » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 pm

I miss Mr. Hero's
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

In defense of McDonalds, the ones here in Chicago are still well run machines. I visit the busiest ones downtown because they have that shit down. I always get the correct order, hot fries (their fries are the undisputed champ when hot), and good, quick service. If I dont go to one downtown I only go to them in a nice suburb, if I am in the ghetto McDonalds is not an option, awful service and shitty food.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm

p.s. does anyone else like the mcdouble better than the double cheeseburger? I feel like it is less greasy and better tasting. I went on a mcdonalds binge about a month ago and at it probably 10 times in like 2 weeks. I havent touched it since though. Sometimes when you get started it is hard to break the addiction. Much like crack
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Ziner wrote:p.s. does anyone else like the mcdouble better than the double cheeseburger? I feel like it is less greasy and better tasting. I went on a mcdonalds binge about a month ago and at it probably 10 times in like 2 weeks. I havent touched it since though. Sometimes when you get started it is hard to break the addiction. Much like crack

It's less greasy, anyway.

Honestly, my favorite deal of late has been the $4.99 20 pc nuggets and 2 large fries for an extra $2. The nuggets are tolerable, but the half price large fries make it all better.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Triple-S wrote:JB,

"Go to Red Lobster and get yo' self a nice meal"

R U quoting Chuckie Brown comparing the Association to the CBA?

Nuh - uh.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Naxos wrote:I miss Mr. Hero's

The Roman Burger is a work of art.

It is more than food.

You just gotta follow your heart (attack) .
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Ziner wrote:p.s. does anyone else like the mcdouble better than the double cheeseburger? I feel like it is less greasy and better tasting. I went on a mcdonalds binge about a month ago and at it probably 10 times in like 2 weeks. I havent touched it since though. Sometimes when you get started it is hard to break the addiction. Much like crack

They don't have that in Y-town.

What is it?

And I believe that Chicago is still gettin' it done. Wasn't that the home of the first McD east of the MS river?

Was the worst food item ever made commercially the McRib?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm

JB wrote:

It is more than food.

Papa Joe's up here calls it the super burger. It's close. Not quite, but a reasonable facsimilie if you find yourself needing one.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

JB wrote:

They don't have that in Y-town.

What is it?

And I believe that Chicago is still gettin' it done. Wasn't that the home of the first McD east of the MS river?

McDonalds decided they could no longer sell the Double Cheeseburger for a dollar with rising costs so instead of taking it off the dollar menu they did a McDouble which is a double burger with one slice of cheese instead of one, thus the les greasyness. Chicago is their HQ, I went to the one across the street from the HQ in Oakbrook Ill and it was fabulous, best one ever. Guess when the CEO could come strolling in at anytime its gotta be in tip top shape.

Lay off the McRib, I love it :bag:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm

I'll try the McDouble, since I'd actually prefer it to the once a month double cheeseburgers I usually get, but it seems like all the McD's around me have people who truly don't care, so I get the ketchup just in one spot, the mustard in another, and the pickles stacked on each other in the remaining spot. I used to manage a Burger King, and I never let my employees get away with making sloppy sandwiches. When I get a Big Mac where half the lettuce is laying in the box I want to go behind the counter and bitchslap someone.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:07 pm

jfiling wrote:I'll try the McDouble, since I'd actually prefer it to the once a month double cheeseburgers I usually get, but it seems like all the McD's around me have people who truly don't care, so I get the ketchup just in one spot, the mustard in another, and the pickles stacked on each other in the remaining spot. I used to manage a Burger King, and I never let my employees get away with making sloppy sandwiches. When I get a Big Mac where half the lettuce is laying in the box I want to go behind the counter and bitchslap someone.

Call me William Foster, b/c I will end up doing this some day, I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk

Unfortunately it is not a just a movie clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjpL8HfWiiY
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

FUDU, Falling Down is an awesome movie. Amazing the same guy who made that made the two horrible Batman sequels (even though Val Kilmer rocked).
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jack_tors » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm

I got an opinion on this..

Denny's: Thats not even food, I am convinced they pay the FDA and Health Dept to stay away

Olive Garden: Anyone who is Italian knows that isnt friggin Italian food

BW3's: I have eaten at 3 different BW3's in 3 different years and vomited uncontrollably each time. Missed an OSU vs scUM game because I was so freakin sick

Subway: Jared lost weight cause he got so goddamn tired of eating things that tasted like cardboard and gave up eating. Want a real sub? Try Dibella's or Jimmy John's
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby waborat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:19 am

JB wrote:

If DQ's Flamethrower Burger played the McRib in tic-tac-toe, it would always come up Cat's
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 am

Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:

It is more than food.

Papa Joe's up here calls it the super burger. It's close. Not quite, but a reasonable facsimilie if you find yourself needing one.

Romeo's makes one that IMO is better than the original
Still takes a backseat to the Big Boy

sorry but just recently Bob Evans has become the worst for me. (at least the one down here in Medina) Some of the worst breakfast food I've had in a LONG time and the service has been horrible
What's with the Stuffed pancakes? A good concept but why put so much on the plate that it adds up to 1,500 calories.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:02 am

Hardee's. E. Coli in an easy to hold wrapper.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 am

jack_tors wrote:I got an opinion on this..

BW3's: I have eaten at 3 different BW3's in 3 different years and vomited uncontrollably each time. Missed an OSU vs scUM game because I was so freakin sick

Now see, that just hurts.

I will admit that the Lube has Bw's beat, but Bw's may be the ultimate place on earth for a man that doesn't involve sex.

I think heaven is like BW's and you lose your sex drive.

I have never, ever, ever had a bad time at BW's
jb

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:
Tymaster wrote:I wasn't even considering Dennys or Awful House in my equation.....

No doubt, Waffle House (love the Awful House name) is some of the worst shit that has ever entered & exited my bulk

Don't knock the waffle house, that place is awesome. some of the most delicious waffles and hashbrowns anywhere

I'm with Ziner on this one, and so is my 4 year-old daughter. Ordinarily, like most 4 year-olds, you have to force her to eat anything outside of chicken nuggets (another reason McDonalds is a staple for us) or mac and cheese. Even then, she doesn't generally eat much. But, take that kid to a WH? Baby girl will take down an All-Star Special solo! Really quite impressive.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 pm

JB wrote:

I will admit that the Lube has Bw's beat, but Bw's may be the ultimate place on earth for a man that doesn't involve sex.

Not sure what to tell you. I ate at the Mayfield, Mentor and Bainbridge ones all in different years, got different things, and yet got violently ill each time. That kinda ruined me for the future.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Ziner wrote:In defense of McDonalds, the ones here in Chicago are still well run machines. I visit the busiest ones downtown because they have that shit down. I always get the correct order, hot fries (their fries are the undisputed champ when hot), and good, quick service. If I dont go to one downtown I only go to them in a nice suburb, if I am in the ghetto McDonalds is not an option, awful service and shitty food.

I love McDonalds. Consistently my favorite of the fast food joints. The one in Twinsburg is pristine. Good service, competent staff, fresh sammiches. The best fries, by far, of the fast foods. Freshest buns for their sandwiches.

Bottom line, with almost all fast food places, the quality of the workers is what makes the biggest difference.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:56 am

jack_tors wrote:
JB wrote:

Not sure what to tell you. I ate at the Mayfield, Mentor and Bainbridge ones all in different years, got different things, and yet got violently ill each time. That kinda ruined me for the future.

Are you sure you had enough to drink?

That is key.

No fewer than two, preferably three, 22oz ers are mandatory. Best is they are heavy fuel like Grts Lks or something.

That may be waht kills the microbes tormenting you.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 am

Swerb wrote:
Ziner wrote:In defense of McDonalds, the ones here in Chicago are still well run machines. I visit the busiest ones downtown because they have that shit down. I always get the correct order, hot fries (their fries are the undisputed champ when hot), and good, quick service. If I dont go to one downtown I only go to them in a nice suburb, if I am in the ghetto McDonalds is not an option, awful service and shitty food.

I love McDonalds. Consistently my favorite of the fast food joints. The one in Twinsburg is pristine. Good service, competent staff, fresh sammiches. The best fries, by far, of the fast foods. Freshest buns for their sandwiches.

Bottom line, with almost all fast food places, the quality of the workers is what makes the biggest difference.

I have a FF theory.

The quality of the FF service is inversely related to how recently their founder died (or is living. )

I'll go one further - it's the shift manager.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am

JB wrote:
Swerb wrote:

I have a FF theory.

The quality of the FF service is inversely related to how recently their founder died (or is living. )

A lot of truth in what you both say.

Worst McD's on the planet is West 150th & Lorain. Average of 6-10 minutes regardless of drive thru or going inside, regardless of being 2nd in line.

McD's in Rocky River, takes literally less than 2 minutes from the moment you walk in until you have food in hand.

That is my thing with the Mcd's (and the like) of the world. I know it is not good for me, I know it will not look anything like it does on that 3x4 menu board but at least get it to me fast, that is why I am here b/c I don't feel like sitting down, looking at a menu for 5 minutes, placing my order, waiting 15 - 20 for it to be brought to me at a real restaurant.

You say you are fast food, well at least be close to fast then if you are not going to serve me something close to food, you fuckers.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:52 am

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:
Swerb wrote:

I have a FF theory.

A lot of truth in what you both say.

Worst McD's on the planet is West 150th & Lorain. Average of 6-10 minutes regardless of drive thru or going inside, regardless of being 2nd in line.

McD's in Rocky River, takes literally less than 2 minutes from the moment you walk in until you have food in hand.

That is my thing with the Mcd's (and the like) of the world. I know it is not good for me, I know it will not look anything like it does on that 3x4 menu board but at least get it to me fast, that is why I am here b/c I don't feel like sitting down, looking at a menu for 5 minutes, placing my order, waiting 15 - 20 for it to be brought to me at a real restaurant.

You say you are fast food, well at least be close to fast then if you are not going to serve me something close to food, you fuckers.

Yeah man.

If yer gonna give me 3 oz patties and call it a hamburger and cold fries at least get it to me some time today.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:58 am

This is a part of why I am a Rally's man, at least when I'm on a roll and need to chow (specially late nite). Rallys simply doesn't F around, I order (2 Bufords every time), pay and gone in :45 flat all the time every time. Heck I am at the point I have a relationship with them, I told em you know what I want as soon as you see my car, I give you the green light to assume and just do it, if you wanna just say 4 bucks when I pull up to order go ahead I'll probably tip you for it as you get the whole point and get me home to slop the shit on my face that much quicker, no need to even chew.

FUDU

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm

No contest. HOT SAUCE WILLIAMS.

My cholesterol goes up 30 points just driving by
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

FUDU wrote:This is a part of why I am a Rally's man, at least when I'm on a roll and need to chow (specially late nite). Rallys simply doesn't F around, I order (2 Bufords every time), pay and gone in :45 flat all the time every time. Heck I am at the point I have a relationship with them, I told em you know what I want as soon as you see my car, I give you the green light to assume and just do it, if you wanna just say 4 bucks when I pull up to order go ahead I'll probably tip you for it as you get the whole point and get me home to slop the shit on my face that much quicker, no need to even chew.

I know they have to have like ground up you don't wanna know if those patties, but I love Rally's.

Just have none around me, and much like a lack of a castle, this is tragic. Last one closed in Warren. Lot's of poverty in the MV area. You'd think we could get us a dang Castle & Rally's.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 pm

JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:This is a part of why I am a Rally's man, at least when I'm on a roll and need to chow (specially late nite). Rallys simply doesn't F around, I order (2 Bufords every time), pay and gone in :45 flat all the time every time. Heck I am at the point I have a relationship with them, I told em you know what I want as soon as you see my car, I give you the green light to assume and just do it, if you wanna just say 4 bucks when I pull up to order go ahead I'll probably tip you for it as you get the whole point and get me home to slop the shit on my face that much quicker, no need to even chew.

I know they have to have like ground up you don't wanna know if those patties, but I love Rally's.

Just have none around me, and much like a lack of a castle, this is tragic. Last one closed in Warren. Lot's of poverty in the MV area. You'd think we could get us a dang Castle & Rally's.

Interestingly enough poverty usually brings in the Popeyes, or local grocers start carrying catfish much more often.

You can have WC.

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Wendy's---double cheese burger, mustard and onions and bacon

Arby's----plain Arby w/horsey sauce and Arby sauce

All other fast food sucks

There was this Chinese place in Vegas that I liked tho...... Fast Foo's
: )

I think all chains suck except those 2, Outback, and McCormack & Schmicks
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Tymaster » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Wendy's---double cheese burger, mustard and onions and bacon

Arby's----plain Arby w/horsey sauce and Arby sauce

All other fast food sucks

There was this Chinese place in Vegas that I liked tho...... Fast Foo's
: )

I think all chains suck except those 2, Outback, and McCormack & Schmicks

Arbys!
Yummy.
Mig Montana with one packet of Horsey and one packet of Arby Sauce. That's a meal.
Tymaster

Previous

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry