Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Bron will deliver us this year

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Bron will deliver us this year

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Get ready to enjoy a championship. He is ready.

All y'all who made fun of me for trying to telll you Bron had to be more than what he was to be a legend, I hope you paid close, close attenton Friday. That is what I EXPECT. That is whi he must be to Deliver Us.

And he will.

I know this.

The futility streak will be over.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Bron will deliver us this year

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 pm

JB wrote:Get ready to enjoy a championship. He is ready.

All y'all who made fun of me for trying to telll you Bron had to be more than what he was to be a legend, I hope you paid close, close attenton Friday. That is what I EXPECT. That is whi he must be to Deliver Us.

And he will.

I know this.

Not only will it be over, a new streak will begin of championships in Cleveland spearheaded by LeBron. He will at least match Jordan's six titles and he'll do it all in Cleveland.

And I think the Indians will at least get one within the next several years. The Cavs' run will take the burden off the other teams and loosen them up a bit.

Not sure about the Browns at this point, but I see good things for the Cavs and Indians. Especially the Cavs.

Who would've thought a decade ago that the Cavs would be the team in this position? I remember getting all excited about Cedric Henderson, Andre Miller, etc. I remember how I felt when we landed Kemp and I thought that a title was nigh.

And I have to admit, I never thought LeBron would become what he has become as quickly as he has. I thought he'd have a nice rookie season, maybe averaging 10-11 ppg. Not bad.

Of course after his rookie season my expectations jumped significantly and he's living up to them. Great, great story. Local boy to end curse.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:

And he will.

I know this.

Not only will it be over, a new streak will begin of championships in Cleveland spearheaded by LeBron. He will at least match Jordan's six titles and he'll do it all in Cleveland.

And I think the Indians will at least get one within the next several years. The Cavs' run will take the burden off the other teams and loosen them up a bit.

Not sure about the Browns at this point, but I see good things for the Cavs and Indians. Especially the Cavs.

Who would've thought a decade ago that the Cavs would be the team in this position? I remember getting all excited about Cedric Henderson, Andre Miller, etc. I remember how I felt when we landed Kemp and I thought that a title was nigh.

And I have to admit, I never thought LeBron would become what he has become as quickly as he has. I thought he'd have a nice rookie season, maybe averaging 10-11 ppg. Not bad.

Of course after his rookie season my expectations jumped significantly and he's living up to them. Great, great story. Local boy to end curse.

I recall stories about what would be fair to expect of LeBron's career and the one I remember was that he could be Scottie Pippen (think it was Pluto). I guess a Pippen quality player seemed nice, back then. After that first game I think we all realized that his ceiling is higher than what anyone else has ever done. Not saying he will equal or surpass MJ, but he sure as shit has at least a chance due to his overwhelming physical advantage while a guy like Kobe could never really be better just because he is about the equal of MJ physically.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby foundfree » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:38 am

I can't wait for a record 18th NBA Championship. It took us 22 years to get out 17th last year and hopefully we can go on another title run over the next few years.
foundfree

Favorite Player: Nate Kmic
Least Favorite Player: Terrell Owens

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:37 am

And he will.

I know this.

Absolutely dead on. Check out these numbers...please. This dude is just absurd on so many levels.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.blogspot.com/20 ... -good.html
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby pup » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:58 am

So he isn't 'Nique?

Glad to see you have finally come around JB.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 am

JB, I hope you are right, but I continue to have visions of this guy ruining that prediction :gah: :

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 am

fundamentals wrote:JB, I hope you are right, but I continue to have visions of this guy ruining that prediction :gah: :

Respect Kobe? Very much so. Fear him? No.

LBJ has already gotten the best of Kobe many times over the course of his career. Granted, Kobe has a better supporting cast than at any time since LeBron entered the league. But then again, LeBron has a better supporting cast than at any time since he entered the league. And unlike Kobe, LeBron can take over games by doing more than pumping in prodigious amounts of points.

When Kobe is draining jumper after jumper, he's unstoppable. But LeBron is a better (and more willing) passer than Kobe, and can be an as-good (if not better) defender when he puts his mind to it. And if Friday's win is any indication, it looks like LBJ will put his mind to defending now. If LeBron is assigned to stop Kobe, Kobe will have the Great Wall of China standing between him and the basket.

Color me a homer if you'd like, but in the end, I think LeBron's ability to play physical basketball at both ends of the floor will trump Kobe's finesse wing-player game. Unless Kobe's supporting cast dramatically outplays LeBron's supporting cast, I think the Cavs will trump the Lakers should the two teams meet in the Finals.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 am

fundamentals wrote:JB, I hope you are right, but I continue to have visions of this guy ruining that prediction :gah: :

The Lakers are soft, and they lack the commitment on D. They won't stop the Cavaliers from getting what they want on offense, if it comes to cases.

San Antonio is the only Western team that truly concerns me.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Pup wrote:So he isn't 'Nique?

Y'all never get it.

He was until he wasn't. Friday showed how he can step up against the best AND step the whole team up as well, not just a one time performance.

It didn't mean he was MJ in utero.

God Bless Mo BTW.
jb

Unread postby pup » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:35 pm

JB wrote:

Y'all never get it.

He was until he wasn't. Friday showed how he can step up against the best AND step the whole team up as well, not just a one time performance.

God Bless Mo BTW.

No, I think we get it. And have gotten. It has just taken until now for you to get it.

Nobody wins by themselves. Even Mike. It took time for the 24 year old to grow up. It also took time for the Cavs to build the right pieces around him. Him growing up was never in doubt, it was simply a matter of the other 11 being good enough to not be a bottom 5 team without him.

LBJ played pretty solid defense last year. Same as this year. Played whoever the 3 was, and in the 4th of close games took on the biggest threat on the oppoonent. But the Cave were a middle of the road regular season team. So it went unnoticed. Now, they got the best record in the NBA and peeps are screaming for him to be the defensive player of the year.

The guy's numbers (minutes, points, boards, assists) are down across the board. Shooting better, but overall down. And now he is the runaway MVP? Why? Because the other cats are doing their jobs.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby diminishingskills » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Pup wrote:
JB wrote:

Y'all never get it.

God Bless Mo BTW.

No, I think we get it. And have gotten. It has just taken until now for you to get it.

Nobody wins by themselves. Even Mike. It took time for the 24 year old to grow up. It also took time for the Cavs to build the right pieces around him. Him growing up was never in doubt, it was simply a matter of the other 11 being good enough to not be a bottom 5 team without him.

LBJ played pretty solid defense last year. Same as this year. Played whoever the 3 was, and in the 4th of close games took on the biggest threat on the oppoonent. But the Cave were a middle of the road regular season team. So it went unnoticed. Now, they got the best record in the NBA and peeps are screaming for him to be the defensive player of the year.

The guy's numbers (minutes, points, boards, assists) are down across the board. Shooting better, but overall down. And now he is the runaway MVP? Why? Because the other cats are doing their jobs.

Choose your shorthand. ITA, QFT, +1.

Mansfield, nice to see you finally realizing the truths that some of us here have known for a while. Stick around, kid, you might learn something.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 pm

I ain't gonna lie, I don't get it.

LeBron= Nique til he doesn't. Tressel = Marty except when he didn't and doesn't.

I'm beginning to think all four of those names are actually different people facing different circumstances? And not sure why Mo needs blessed. If 23 wasn't Nique and was actually 8 then WTF you need Mo for? Or was 23 maybe Nique cuz he didn't have Mo.

I gotta headache.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm

JB wrote:

Y'all never get it.

God Bless Mo BTW.

So, outside of isolated one-time performances, he was 'nique...until Friday's one-time performance, which convinced you he was no longer 'nique. Got it...I think.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:22 pm

I think with a guy like LeBron (and even a Kobe) having the players around him, finally, allows him to use his physical and mental energy in more specific and focused ways. Let's face it up until this season LeBron has way too often had to do it all on the offensive side of the court and was still needed to chip in on D and on the glass. Now he can truly rely on others to carry certain parts of the load in certain spots while he focuses on one particular goal or opponent etc...

For instance his PPG are down a little bit but the PPG of his assigned opponent are to I'd bet, probably easily offsetting his own offensive decrease?

But the point is now LeBron can really focus on him verse his guy instead of him v 5 guys every night.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:37 pm

FUDU wrote:I think with a guy like LeBron (and even a Kobe) having the players around him, finally, allows him to use his physical and mental energy in more specific and focused ways. Let's face it up until this season LeBron has way too often had to do it all on the offensive side of the court and was still needed to chip in on D and on the glass. Now he can truly rely on others to carry certain parts of the load in certain spots while he focuses on one particular goal or opponent etc...

For instance his PPG are down a little bit but the PPG of his assigned opponent are to I'd bet, probably easily offsetting his own offensive decrease?

But the point is now LeBron can really focus on him verse his guy instead of him v 5 guys every night.

Ya think? :thumb up:

That don't make ya 'Nique regardless. That's kinda the point.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Don't know if anyone here reads FreeDarko (and you all should, it's great just for the occasional charts they manage to come up with), but phenomenal post in nearly the same vein as JB's went up following the Boston game: http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2009/01/b ... thing.html
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Chris » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Don't pencil us in for the championship quite yet. We could have another injury (god forbid...) and there is still a whole half of a regular season left, let alone the playoffs.

And outside the gates, the Orlando Magic sharpen their spears.

Just saying, we can talk about the grand future of Cleveland sports, the new era that will be ushered in C-Town...after we win the first, hopefully this year.
Chris

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 pm

As a Cleveland fan I have learned not to get my hopes up and certainly not call my shot with us winning it all. :bag:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Juannieboy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:54 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Don't know if anyone here reads FreeDarko (and you all should, it's great just for the occasional charts they manage to come up with), but phenomenal post in nearly the same vein as JB's went up following the Boston game: http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2009/01/b ... thing.html

God!-I-went-to-that-Free-Darko-link-and-started-reading-the-article-and-posts.-I-could-have-sworn-I-was-reading-an-episode-of-the-Big-Bang-Theory. :lmfao: Seems-that-even-most-Geeks-and-"intellectuals"-understand-that-Kobe-can-not-even-hold-a-candle-to-The-Chosen-One.
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm

And he will.

I know this.

God i hope so, i am 18 and have been a Cleveland sports fan my whole life, and now i think i am finally understanding my fathers pain as a sports fan. it really sucks to be a Cleveland fan... if it weren't for the Cavs this year i'd probably be drunk living uder a bridge somewhere. is there any city that has inspired as many sports-inspired benders? my liver can't take much more Cleveland futility
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Chris » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:02 am

I hope Lebron knows that if he does in fact end this curse he will go down in Cleveland sports history probably as our greatest athlete ever (until, a hundred years from now, the stars align again and bring us a dominant player in one of the three major sports) and he will have streets named after him and no doubt a statue erected.

But nah. We're in Cleveland. We all know how this story ends.
Chris

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 am

"If Friday's game is an teaser for LeBron's prime years, his prime will be a prime unlike any other"

Cassano's article gave me an erection.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:38 am

jordan kramer wrote:

And he will.

I know this.

God i hope so, i am 18 and have been a Cleveland sports fan my whole life, and now i think i am finally understanding my fathers pain as a sports fan. it really sucks to be a Cleveland fan... if it weren't for the Cavs this year i'd probably be drunk living uder a bridge somewhere. is there any city that has inspired as many sports-inspired benders? my liver can't take much more Cleveland futility

God, the OSU game and Browns collapse barely even ignited my usual bender this year. I've come to expect failure....is that part of being an adult Cleveland fan? Acceptance? What step is that?
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 am

If someone in Cleveland is going to do it, it's going to be LeBron.

He's made it known to the fans of the Cleveland and sports fans all around the world that his main goal is to win. Not just the big game in the regular season, not just 60 wins, not just a playoff series... or two, or three. He wants the whole enchilada, baby. And he's going to get it. He knows it hinges on him. And he knows he can do it.

Viva Le Bron!!!

(flex)
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 am

foundfree wrote:I can't wait for a record 18th NBA Championship. It took us 22 years to get out 17th last year and hopefully we can go on another title run over the next few years.

what the fuck is a boston honk doing in our forum??? get the fuck outta here, you piece of shit. yeah, right. enjoy that 17th title, bitch, 'cause it's the last one you're gonna get for a looooooooong time.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:29 am

davemanddd wrote:
foundfree wrote:I can't wait for a record 18th NBA Championship. It took us 22 years to get out 17th last year and hopefully we can go on another title run over the next few years.

what the fuck is a boston honk doing in our forum??? get the fuck outta here, you piece of shit. yeah, right. enjoy that 17th title, bitch, 'cause it's the last one you're gonna get for a looooooooong time.

Classy.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 am

davemanddd wrote:

Ya know what dave (notice the lack of capital letters).... if you are going to have the balls to tell a fan from another team to get lost you had better be prepared to shove a ten inch but plug up your fucking uneducated ass.

You are (now that a couple of others have left) the scum of the forums. You rarely speak english, you seldom have a good take, and you end ever take with "tee hee." One would think you were WhackPhisto and playing StarWars Legos while fighting off your tendencies.

That all said, you have absolutely no right to run off a fan of any team. You suck as a poster, you are stupid, you are yet to make a good point, and you may be an illiterate lesbian (judging from you "tee heeisms").

Give some one else shit and a shit storm is coming back at you.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Chris » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah, that was pretty classless, but the question remains: why is some Boston honk on a Cavs board telling us how much he can't wait for their 18th championship?
Chris

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Chris wrote:Yeah, that was pretty classless, but the question remains: why is some Boston honk on a Cavs board telling us how much he can't wait for their 18th championship?

Why do many posters here read Boston boards?

In the real world message board exchanges between fans of teams are common and tend to be an asset to boards. Assuming the fan of the other team is not an asshat or a troll (dave clearly is the former and boarders on the latter).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
davemanddd wrote:

Ya know what dave (notice the lack of capital letters).... if you are going to have the balls to tell a fan from another team to get lost you had better be prepared to shove a ten inch but plug up your fucking uneducated ass.

You are (now that a couple of others have left) the scum of the forums. You rarely speak english, you seldom have a good take, and you end ever take with "tee hee." One would think you were WhackPhisto and playing StarWars Legos while fighting off your tendencies.

That all said, you have absolutely no right to run off a fan of any team. You suck as a poster, you are stupid, you are yet to make a good point, and you may be an illiterate lesbian (judging from you "tee heeisms").

Give some one else shit and a shit storm is coming back at you.

What the hell did lego star wars do to you? :hide:
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Chris » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Chris wrote:Yeah, that was pretty classless, but the question remains: why is some Boston honk on a Cavs board telling us how much he can't wait for their 18th championship?

Why do many posters here read Boston boards?

In the real world message board exchanges between fans of teams are common and tend to be an asset to boards. Assuming the fan of the other team is not an asshat or a troll (dave clearly is the former and boarders on the latter).

Well, I agree with that, however

1) I may read Boston boards but I definately don't post there. I can't speak for you guys.

2) If I did post there- and, I assume, if any of you post there- I doubt those messages talk about how you can't wait for your next championship. (I understand coming from a Cleveland fan that is a little different since we have no meaningful championships in the last 45 years to speak of unlike Boston who seemingly has a gazillion)

Not to mention if you search his posts I have to wonder who the hell this guy is. He pretty much parades the Baltimore Ravens in the Browns forums as the "True Browns" and talks of them as a "beautiful team". I'm confused.
Chris

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm

See, Chris, that is why I said assuming said poster is not an asshat or a troll.

If this guy ends up being that, run him off, go for blood, etc....

dave jumping on someone who said something about Boston winning titles proves nothing, if there are data points on the Browns board then go get him.

Fair ribbing is fair ribbing, which is what I took the title remark above as, if I see another blatant trolling post I'm witchu.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Chris » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:36 pm

I say tar and feather him regardless, I can't stand Boston. They ruined my year in 2007 and 2008. :thumbdown:
Chris

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm

The sad part about the city of Boston is that, although the vast majority of fans there are complete dicknoodles, the city is an incredible place to be. Great food, bars, clubs, women....I wish I could pretend the !@($%ing red sox, celtics, and patriots could get shipped to CT or something so I could live there.

As far as trolling other fans boards goes...I COMPLETELY agree with the above poster. If you go to another board, just read along; if you must post, do it in a way that is courteous and respectful. I can't STAND when folks register on other fans boards just to be asshats....it's should be a felony. I compare it to being a bystander, watching two guys heatedly arguing over something.....and then jumping in and telling them they are both assholes.

If you did that, you'd be liable to get jacked in the fizzle.

Im sure it's open to interpretation, but that's my perspective.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:The sad part about the city of Boston is that, although the vast majority of fans there are complete dicknoodles, the city is an incredible place to be. Great food, bars, clubs, women....I wish I could pretend the !@($%ing red sox, celtics, and patriots could get shipped to CT or something so I could live there.

I feel similar about the Pittsburgh area...The surrounding (Butler, Cranberry, Beaver Falls.) areas are very nice and remind me somewhat of Ohio (in terms of the nature around, etc.),..Food at Quaker steak owns, and I dig the sandwiches with the french fries and coleslaw on 'em (I could be going to Cleveland fan hell for saying that.). But the Yinzers make me want to stay as far away from that place as possible.

If the Rooney's pull a Moddell, I'd probably stay a little longer than the couples hours I stop to eat on roadtrips.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

I live in downtown Boston and I can honestly say that the Boston fan to other team fan ratio here is rather surprising.

The city is expensive as hell and 90% of the Massholes live in the 'burbs.

Mostly old money, imports, students and the like in the city.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 pm

can he help out here too?
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Chris wrote:Not to mention if you search his posts I have to wonder who the hell this guy is. He pretty much parades the Baltimore Ravens in the Browns forums as the "True Browns" and talks of them as a "beautiful team". I'm confused.

Obvious troll is obvious.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:11 am

Pup wrote:
JB wrote:

God Bless Mo BTW.

Seriously, I think all y'all mouthbreathers are too gotdamn dumb to live. You need an iron lung and shit to remember to inhale. Do not jock until jock worthy, bitches!

Low standards....

Y'all never get it. Like insisting Edward scissorhands is Fitzgerald if / when he finally does it.

I love you all, tho, esp, Pup, Hnat and Doug!!! No beef.

I mean that. Brothers in arms.

One for all.

:group:
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:24 am

Much ado about nothing. The next time we lose a ballgame and LeBron is less than superhuman in the process, the Dominique and Bernard King takes will come right back out again. Book it.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:49 am

HermanFontenot wrote:Much ado about nothing. The next time we lose a ballgame and LeBron is less than superhuman in the process, the Dominique and Bernard King takes will come right back out again. Book it.

And if that "Ballgame" is a deep playoff/championship series when he disappears for whole games at a time and plays wll below his season means shooting like crap, it'd be valid.

But I don't see it happening, which is the point.

Bron playing off the ball and his maturity and Olympic leadership experience has him at a whole 'nother level. He was not there before even as he was capable of being there.

But keep seeing it as me being bitter/unappreciative and not believeing reality however.

And the original Kind and 'nique were legit first team all NBAers, HOF quality players, so I don't know how and where that ever gets perceived as a slight by anyone who has follwed the game for decades. It's like saying The Ice Man sucked.

But as great as they were, they were not Larry, Magic and MJ on the NBA Mt Rushmore for intangible reasons.

Maybe someday that bulb's tungston carries current.
jb

Unread postby pup » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 am

JB - Much love. Keep up the fight.

But riddle me this...who was supposed to handle the ball to ALLOW LBJ to play off it pervious years? Which teammate was a large enough threat to hit a shot to keep LBJ from having to force up 20 footers with hands in his face because the lane was packed with help?

He is the same player. With more help around him to enable him to do these other things. Pretty simple stuff.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:59 am

Pup wrote:JB - Much love. Keep up the fight.

But riddle me this...who was supposed to handle the ball to ALLOW LBJ to play off it pervious years? Which teammate was a large enough threat to hit a shot to keep LBJ from having to force up 20 footers with hands in his face because the lane was packed with help?

He is the same player. With more help around him to enable him to do these other things. Pretty simple stuff.

Can't fight that truism.

God bless Mo.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 pm

JB wrote:But keep seeing it as me being bitter/unappreciative and not believeing reality however.

Oh, no, not that.

Just... mercurial. Ya know?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby oberle » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 pm

JB wrote:
God Bless Mo BTW.

And THAT IMHO is the biggest difference from last year to this.

'Bron is playing less minutes, he's not the only offense in the game, and he's not bringing the ball down the majority of the time.

He's got the luxury of being able to take plays off on offense, since the offense doesn't revolve solely around him this year.

This allows him to work harder on defense. (The 'Clyde' Frazier theorem)

On top of that he's hitting his foul shots.

Hell, even Varejao looks like an NBA player out there.
Cleveland, you gotta be tough!

(135 & Counting)
oberle
Ain't Rocket Science

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
JB wrote:But keep seeing it as me being bitter/unappreciative and not believeing reality however.

Oh, no, not that.

Just... mercurial. Ya know?

nah, man.

I think the way I look at this is you evaluate performances, not players. You evaluate players and coaches in totality when it is all said and done after they retire. There are never any "made men" in my book while they are still active.

Not even Bron is different and subject to special rules. Compared to IHS, of course he is infallible. But when compared to what he is capable of, which is nothing short of being on the NBA Mt Rushmore? There you go.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:45 pm

JB wrote:Not even Bron is different and subject to special rules. Compared to IHS, of course he is infallible. But when compared to what he is capable of, which is nothing short of being on the NBA Mt Rushmore? There you go.

I don't think we subject Bron to special rules. I certainly don't. My assumption is that even the greatest players in the game weren't great every... single... night. I'm assuming Magic had his nights in January against the Sonics and Spurs where he didn't bring it on an immortal level.

We don't need LeBron to be great 82 times a year. We just need him to be great when he has to be.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't think we subject Bron to special rules.

Other than him being imune to any criticism. ;-)

Dang! I TOLD Peeker iwas going to tone it down , too.

We don't need LeBron to be great 82 times a year. We just need him to be great when he has to be.

Can we get you an "Amen"? Shocker - I completely agree with you. Who cares about an off night in Okie City? Boobie can carry us then.

Big games and playoff games. That's when we need Bron to be great. Not just good. Not shut down by defense. Great. Like MJ ovcercoming the Pistons in 91.

I know mac will pick up what I'm layin' down, but it's that whole SpiderMan thing about expectations corresponding to gifts. No one is going to "expect" Wall Eye to be great vs Boston in the playoffs. But when Bron is throwing 'em up like Ben Natural shooting free throws, then he's "issuematic".
jb

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA