Text Size

College Sports Arena

Tough Draw

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Tough Draw

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:47 pm

Hmmmm....

Georgetown in the second round is a little tougher than I was hoping for and assuming favorites win, Florida in the sweet sixteen is no picnic either. At least they ended up in Villanova's bracket. I was hoping for Memphis, but Villanova is fine also.

What the hell was up with those at large bids???? This may be one of the worst selection committees I can remember. At least the weasels from up north got screwed over!
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:31 pm

One of my favorite interviews of the year is where they serve up the chairman of the selection committee to Billy Packer. I tend to agree with Packer, and also Vitale, who also just chimed in.

Neutral floor, Cincinnati is a 5-6 point favorite over George Mason.

Did not want to see Georgetown in the Buckeyes way. Saw them a couple times in the last couple weeks, and part of a game earlier in the season. The big man Hibbert is a beast. Hes got 7-8 inches on Dials. Green and Bowman are big, talented forwards. And I always hate facing teams with good senior guards, which the Hoyas do have in Ashanti Cook.

Georgetown is a good team. They are playing well, should beat Northern Iowa, and give the Buckeyes a hell of a game.

I love this tournament.

And how bout Kent St getting a 12 and facing Pitt 1st rd? Rematch of that PHENOMENAL Sweet 16 game the Flashes won before losing to the Hoosiers in the Elite 8.

Rough draw for them too though. I was thinking 11, hopefully 10. Not only do they get a 12 and draw a 5, but Pitt is the toughest 5 seed in my view.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Did you hear jim nantz just outright disrespecting that chairman dude right on the show? It was sweet. he was trashing that guy for some of the shit ball teams like George Mason that they gave at larges too. What a pile of horseshit.

His argument is that teams from big conferences should schedule better out of conference games. My argument is that teams from small conferences should be able to beat teams from major conferences before they are given at larges over those same teams that would whoop their asses. I mean HOW THE FUCK DOES AIR FORCE GET AN AT LARGE?

I am convinced more and more every day that the world is full of morons. Seriously, Conference USA sucks now. The Missouri Valley Conference gets 4 bids? Are you fucking serious? I am pretty sure that Purdue would win that conference or at least compete for it. I am pretty sure that wake, who finished last in the ACC, would BULLDOZE that conference.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Nantz Jammed That Dude

Unread postby johnnyo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:45 am

I loved it when Nantz railed on that A.D. from UVA. Air Force???????? Cincy went 8-8 in the friggin' Big East, for crying out loud.
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Return to College Sports Arena