Text Size

College Sports Arena

Wells is going pro

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Wells is going pro

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 pm

just saw it on ESPN,
Chris Wells is going pro
Image
User avatar
reppination7
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Gibsonburg OH
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Yep. WTAM just announced it.

Stay away from him Browns!
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
Image
User avatar
consigliere
 
Posts: 10822
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:22 am
Location: Painesville Twp, OH
Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Browns should stay away.

UNLESS, Beanie takes a Quinn like stumble this year in the draft after we drafted Rey-Rey or Mays. Then I'd trade for him.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Good Luck Beanie! Thanks for everything. Avoid the Browns like the plague. Best RB in the draft hands down.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:57 pm

idk it depends, who do you want a runningback? or a cornerback? or a linebacker?

wells could fall far, if teams are scared cause of his injury situation with him
Image
User avatar
reppination7
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Gibsonburg OH
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm

reppination7 wrote:idk it depends, who do you want a runningback? or a cornerback? or a linebacker?

wells could fall far, if teams are scared cause of his injury situation with him


Toad McDouche from ESPN has us taking Malcom Jenkins at #5. FWIW
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
reppination7 wrote:idk it depends, who do you want a runningback? or a cornerback? or a linebacker?

wells could fall far, if teams are scared cause of his injury situation with him


Toad McDouche from ESPN has us taking Malcom Jenkins at #5. FWIW


they also had the cavs talking kufos

good corner back would really help on the browns, what about the guy from USC the linebacker? i cant recall his name at the moment, or laurinitus, someone that can show our players how to tackle, cause we know they can both just lay people out
Image
User avatar
reppination7
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Gibsonburg OH
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
reppination7 wrote:idk it depends, who do you want a runningback? or a cornerback? or a linebacker?

wells could fall far, if teams are scared cause of his injury situation with him


Toad McDouche from ESPN has us taking Malcom Jenkins at #5. FWIW


I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll
 
Posts: 3925
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 pm

#21 overall to the Arizona Cardinals
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby furls » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:01 pm

I wouldn't draft Wells, the guy cannot stay on the field in college. He is the most talented back in the draft, but he is fragile. I would put the over under on staff induced amputations with the Browns at 2.

Seriously, I question his ability to stay on the field in the NFL in the most physically abused position on the field. Not worth a first IMO.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6445
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 pm

we have a 2nd round pick this year, if he falls that far, which i doubt, then we should take him, but not with our first pick
Image
User avatar
reppination7
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Gibsonburg OH
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Pup wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?


did he have mono before this years draft or is there another reason they used their 1st rounder on a qb? think there is going to be a qb competition next camp? I think not.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Ziner wrote:
Pup wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?


did he have mono before this years draft or is there another reason they used their 1st rounder on a qb? think there is going to be a qb competition next camp? I think not.


Because nobody uses a first round pick when they have another quarterback on their roster who is unproven, right?

You act like Flacco is lighting up the stat sheet. If Smith comes into camp and has a better camp than Flacco, I am sure there will be some in that org that back him. I believe a lot of Ravens were very pro Smith going into camp this year.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Image
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


No.

There were just a ton that laughed at you when you said he didn't desrve the Heisman and wasn't a good college player.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 pm

No.

There were just a ton that laughed at you when you said he didn't desrve the Heisman and wasn't a good college player.


http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=1186
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Ziner wrote:
Pup wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?


did he have mono before this years draft or is there another reason they used their 1st rounder on a qb? think there is going to be a qb competition next camp? I think not.


You might want to think again. Flacco is not all that. Lets call him DA with a much better Defense. Smith gives you more options. It will be interesting next camp for the Ravens
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:24 pm

lubber wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Pup wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?


did he have mono before this years draft or is there another reason they used their 1st rounder on a qb? think there is going to be a qb competition next camp? I think not.


You might want to think again. Flacco is not all that. Lets call him DA with a much better Defense. Smith gives you more options. It will be interesting next camp for the Ravens



Im not going to think about it again. I will go find this in August and September and you can review your opinions with out scarlet tinted shades on :nanner:


Edit: Hard to judge college talent translating to the NFL when some of you guys are wearing these when you do it

Image
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Ziner wrote:
lubber wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Pup wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Ziner wrote:
I fucking hate that shithead. He honestly said we should take Troy Smith with our 3rd pick in 2007. If he was half as smart as he thought he was he would be paid big money by an NFL team///

that said... If we draft him I'm done with the Browns, seriously not a threat...


There were a ton of Ohio State fans that wanted us to take Troy Smith with the #3 pick prior to the BCS title game.

Now if he said that they should've taken him after that game then he's a complete idiot. I don't think anyone was saying that afterwards, but a lot of people were prior, including a couple of people that post here regularly.


Fans always say that shit... but an supposed expert shouldnt be that ridiculous. That is why I turn the channel everytime that jackass is on TV. If Troy Smith went 30/32 for 430 yards and 4 TDs he still shouldnt have gone higher than where he went. There is a reason a D1AA QB is starting over him now


Like getting mono during training camp and losing 20 pounds and not practicing?


did he have mono before this years draft or is there another reason they used their 1st rounder on a qb? think there is going to be a qb competition next camp? I think not.


You might want to think again. Flacco is not all that. Lets call him DA with a much better Defense. Smith gives you more options. It will be interesting next camp for the Ravens



Im not going to think about it again. I will go find this in August and September and you can review your opinions with out scarlet tinted shades on :nanner:


Edit: Hard to judge college talent translating to the NFL when some of you guys are wearing these when you do it

Image


Camp starts in July, so don't wait until August :) Don't get me wrong. I think they are about equal, but Smith gives them a little extra. If not for the illness, Flacco would never have gotten his chance. Luckily for him he threw up some big numbers against bad teams (Browns, Bengals). But never reached 200 yards against good defenses (Steelers, Giants, Philly, Wash.). Like I said, it will be interesting camp. I am not saying Troy is heads and shoulders above, but neither is Joe that far ahead of Troy
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Chris Wells is Curtis Enis.
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Toxicadam » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Do you think Beanie could have a better (longer) career as a PR/KR? He has great vision and cut back ability, but I don't know if is top speed is at NFL level.
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Did Beanie hit the NFL Injury list for this weekend immediately after his declaration?

That guy probably got a sliver standing at the podium that could keep him out two weeks.

(Disclaimer- Great talent, great, quick feet, powerful build, good speed, excellent stiff arm, etc., etc.)
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22783
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Wow everyone doubts Beanie. Where were all these injury concerns last year? You know when he ran for 1,600 yards. All I know is what I saw, a tough young man who runs hard every down. The guy is going to be a star. RBs are going to get banged up it's the nature of the game. Show me one RB that hasn't had hasn't been banged up at some point in college. I hope the Browns do avoid him, for his sake, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that franchise, in that locker room.

1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)

Yeah, buy the concern......No need for a great speed/power combo back in the NFL.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow everyone doubts Beanie. Where were all these injury concerns last year? You know when he ran for 1,600 yards. All I know is what I saw, a tough young man who runs hard every down. The guy is going to be a star. RBs are going to get banged up it's the nature of the game. Show me one RB that hasn't had hasn't been banged up at some point in college. I hope the Browns do avoid him, for his sake, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that franchise, in that locker room.

1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)

Yeah, buy the concern......No need for a great speed/power combo back in the NFL.


They played 13.

For me there's no question about what he does when he's on field. It's the fact he comes off it so often and for seemingly no objective reasons.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22783
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Toxicadam » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:28 pm

There are too many examples in history to show you that college stats are meaningless when it comes to playing on Sunday. Especially with stats accrued against a Big Ten conference that is the worst it has been in my lifetime.

You show me an NFL back that needs to come to the sidelines everytime he breaks off a run of 15+ yards. There is a mental softness to Beanie that is undeniable .. it goes much further than just being unlucky with injuries.

I'll go as far as to say that Chester Taylor will have better career numbers than Beanie when it's all said and done.
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow everyone doubts Beanie. Where were all these injury concerns last year? You know when he ran for 1,600 yards. All I know is what I saw, a tough young man who runs hard every down. The guy is going to be a star. RBs are going to get banged up it's the nature of the game. Show me one RB that hasn't had hasn't been banged up at some point in college. I hope the Browns do avoid him, for his sake, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that franchise, in that locker room.

1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)

Yeah, buy the concern......No need for a great speed/power combo back in the NFL.


They played 13.

For me there's no question about what he does when he's on field. It's the fact he comes off it so often and for seemingly no objective reasons.


He missed 3 games because he tore a ligament in his foot. Alot of guys would've missed more games. Thats a perfect example on why he is so tough. He came back waaaaaay before he was 100%. No one questioned his toughness last year, but after he misses 3 games due to a real injury and people question his toughness. He had to come off for some plays for no other reason than he was not 100%.

Please show me one RB in the NFL or College that hasn't taken plays off.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow everyone doubts Beanie. Where were all these injury concerns last year? You know when he ran for 1,600 yards. All I know is what I saw, a tough young man who runs hard every down. The guy is going to be a star. RBs are going to get banged up it's the nature of the game. Show me one RB that hasn't had hasn't been banged up at some point in college. I hope the Browns do avoid him, for his sake, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that franchise, in that locker room.

1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)

Yeah, buy the concern......No need for a great speed/power combo back in the NFL.


They played 13.

For me there's no question about what he does when he's on field. It's the fact he comes off it so often and for seemingly no objective reasons.


He missed 3 games because he tore a ligament in his foot. Alot of guys would've missed more games. Thats a perfect example on why he is so tough. He came back waaaaaay before he was 100%. No one questioned his toughness last year, but after he misses 3 games due to a real injury and people question his toughness. He had to come off for some plays for no other reason than he was not 100%.

Please show me one RB in the NFL or College that hasn't taken plays off.


We're not gonna convince each other regarding opinions on Beanie and his desire. All I know is he missed three games with some mysterious foot injury (still haven't seen it professionally diagnosed btw) including the biggest game of the year at USC. Then he took himself out of the Michigan game with another malady. Then he comes out of the season finale in a BCS bowl with what he calls a concussion that clearly didn't scramble his eggs anywhere near the point where he couldn't talk about it for 20 minutes to reporters afterward.

Watch as we get closer to the draft CDT. And tell me what the one overriding concern is when Chris Wells is discussed. It's not going to be his ability on the football field. It's how much he actually wants to be on it.

That's all I'm saying.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22783
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow everyone doubts Beanie. Where were all these injury concerns last year? You know when he ran for 1,600 yards. All I know is what I saw, a tough young man who runs hard every down. The guy is going to be a star. RBs are going to get banged up it's the nature of the game. Show me one RB that hasn't had hasn't been banged up at some point in college. I hope the Browns do avoid him, for his sake, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that franchise, in that locker room.

1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)

Yeah, buy the concern......No need for a great speed/power combo back in the NFL.


They played 13.

For me there's no question about what he does when he's on field. It's the fact he comes off it so often and for seemingly no objective reasons.


He missed 3 games because he tore a ligament in his foot. Alot of guys would've missed more games. Thats a perfect example on why he is so tough. He came back waaaaaay before he was 100%. No one questioned his toughness last year, but after he misses 3 games due to a real injury and people question his toughness. He had to come off for some plays for no other reason than he was not 100%.

Please show me one RB in the NFL or College that hasn't taken plays off.


We're not gonna convince each other regarding opinions on Beanie and his desire. All I know is he missed three games with some mysterious foot injury (still haven't seen it professionally diagnosed btw) including the biggest game of the year at USC. Then he took himself out of the Michigan game with another malady. Then he comes out of the season finale in a BCS bowl with what he calls a concussion that clearly didn't scramble his eggs anywhere near the point where he couldn't talk about it for 20 minutes to reporters afterward.

Watch as we get closer to the draft CDT. And tell me what the one overriding concern is when Chris Wells is discussed. It's not going to be his ability on the football field. It's how much he actually wants to be on it.

That's all I'm saying.


I've already convinced you. You just don't know it yet. It's called levitation holmes. Maybe he talked to the reporters so long because his eggs were so scambled. Anywho we just agree to disaree.

Cheers :cheers:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)


Image
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:07 pm

JB wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)


Image

Image
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:24 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
JB wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)


Image

Image


He's bringing up college stats.

A Pete tore up knees and broke collarbones.

Wells sat out with hurt feelings.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:41 pm

JB wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
JB wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
1,197 yards in 9 games 8 Tds.
Top 6 rusher in the nation
3,382 rushing yards in 2 1/2 years (he spent alot of '06 behind Pittman)


Image

Image


He's bringing up college stats.

A Pete tore up knees and broke collarbones.

Wells sat out with hurt feelings.


You and I both know there is a huge difference projecting QBs and RBs to the NFL based on stats.

But I guess a guy who missed 3 games with a foot injury (not really a big deal for a RB, I guess) and half of one with a concussion (usually very smart to play through those, btw) in 2 1/2 years deserves your label of Mr. Glass more than a guy who's bones and ligaments were as brittle as a sheet of ice.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Wells is going pro

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 pm

he really disappointed me this season, i though he was in store for a Heisman type campaign. he has the potential to be other-worldly great, but he needs to toughen up, i mean every single game he got hurt and limped off to the sidelines! if Jim Brown were dead he would've been turning over in his grave
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
User avatar
jordan kramer
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: "the brooklyn of youngstown"
Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend


Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest