Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

My name is Marty and I'm an addict

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

My name is Marty and I'm an addict

Unread postby MartyM » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 am

Had time to kill this AM as the oldest slept at my mom's place so no need to take him to daycare. Get close to the office and have about a 30 minutes to kill. Why get in any earlier when I don't need / want to.

So I stopped into Corky and Lenny's on Chagrin and get what is becoming my favorite breakfast. Croned beef has with poached egg and wheat toast. This stuff is addicting. Thankfully I usually don't have enough time to stop and eat breakfast otherwise my cholesterol would be twice what it is by now.

By the way, they also have great rueben's and regular corned beef sandwhiches.
Official TCF Photographer
http://www.photosbymartyllc.com
http://www.photos_by_marty.fototime.com

Ask me about custom Fatheads

“The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” - V. Lombardi
MartyM

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: PittsPuke

Re: My name is Marty and I'm an addict

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:48 am

MartyM wrote:Had time to kill this AM as the oldest slept at my mom's place so no need to take him to daycare. Get close to the office and have about a 30 minutes to kill. Why get in any earlier when I don't need / want to.

So I stopped into Corky and Lenny's on Chagrin and get what is becoming my favorite breakfast. Croned beef has with poached egg and wheat toast. This stuff is addicting. Thankfully I usually don't have enough time to stop and eat breakfast otherwise my cholesterol would be twice what it is by now.

By the way, they also have great rueben's and regular corned beef sandwhiches.

We have a local greasy spoon in Madison that serves excellent sausage biscuits & gravy. It's southern quality. I feel filthy and worthless after eating it but my God is that stuff good once a month or so. The cholesterol after that or after what you're talking about goes up like one of those carnival hammer swinging games.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: My name is Marty and I'm an addict

Unread postby dem425 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 pm

I have actually been to Corky and Lenny's once. My Jewish heritage (my dad was once run over by a far-sighted Rabbi) still say that a bagel with lox and a schmear is hard to beat. It is also my favorite at "nosh" which is a bagel deli at Bally's/Las Vegas.

Uncle Leo
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry