Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Need Fantasy Advise ASAP

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Need Fantasy Advise ASAP

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Unique situation. I need the win for the 2 seed and the bye. A loss makes my road to the championship a lot more difficult.

I have both Garrard and Rosenfels on my team. I need to choose one for tonight. Here is the kicker. The match is essentially tied, I am down 1. He has Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels going for tonight. So I have Garrard in the lineup because he is probably the better play, but am I covering my ass more by taking Rosenfels since every TD will be offset? So it would come down to yardage for Walter and Daniels (1 pt per 10 yards) vs. Rosenfels yardage plus TD's thrown to people not named Walter and Daniels. (1 pt per 25 yards and 6 points for TDs). Or do I just go with Garrard and hope they dont keep getting running TD's?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Need Fantasy Advise ASAP

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Ziner wrote:Unique situation. I need the win for the 2 seed and the bye. A loss makes my road to the championship a lot more difficult.

I have both Garrard and Rosenfels on my team. I need to choose one for tonight. Here is the kicker. The match is essentially tied, I am down 1. He has Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels going for tonight. So I have Garrard in the lineup because he is probably the better play, but am I covering my ass more by taking Rosenfels since every TD will be offset? So it would come down to yardage for Walter and Daniels (1 pt per 10 yards) vs. Rosenfels yardage plus TD's thrown to people not named Walter and Daniels. (1 pt per 25 yards and 6 points for TDs). Or do I just go with Garrard and hope they dont keep getting running TD's?

I'd probably hedge my bets with Rosenfels because your opponent's 2 are dependent on your guy and if even one of Walter or Daniels has a big day, Rosenfels will be having a big day as well. Now if he had say Andre Johnson and Daniels I might go Garrard because Johnson could put up a crazy 150, 3 TD game and thoroughly dominate Ronsefels' stats.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Sage would scare me to death that he throws 4 picks and negates his own positives.

Always play the better player.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 pm

FYI - Schaub is dressing and Sage could be on a very short leash.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Went with Garrard and thanks to Slatons last TD that was total BS Garrard got his shot for the TD and I won with that junk TD. I would have actually won with either so it all worked out.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Return to The Fantasy Forum