Text Size

High School Sports

STO HS Football Playoff Coverage

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

Re: STO HS Football Playoff Coverage

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:24 am

fundamentals wrote:
lubber wrote:Dont forget.. STO wants people to watch the games. Who will get the biggest ratings? Definitely an Iggy game.

lubber is right. Iggy = Yankees You either love them or hate them.

Only reason to hate is because people might hate succcess.

If any of you all gnow how hard it was to go to school there.

Good grief.

It was easier for me in college.
Last edited by jb on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby fundamentals » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:02 pm

JB wrote:
fundamentals wrote:
lubber wrote:Dont forget.. STO wants people to watch the games. Who will get the biggest ratings? Definitely an Iggy game.

lubber is right. Iggy = Yankees You either love them or hate them.

Only reason to hate is because you hate succcess.

Circle gets the square.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Iggy's treating N. Canton Hoover like they're the scout team.

It's 'Name the Margin of Victory Night' for Coach Kyle.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Iggy's treating N. Canton Hoover like they're the scout team.

If the Hoover football team will sit for a reading of Chaucer, Coach Kyle might allow the margin to be within 20.

:TCF:
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:58 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:Iggy's treating N. Canton Hoover like they're the scout team.

If the Hoover football team will sit for a reading of Chaucer, Coach Kyle might allow the margin to be within 20.

:TCF:

I loved Chico's chaucer / shakespeare. in a world where hs fb coaches are droks who hand out worksheets, how many people you think even know chico is a master teacher?

No insults for hoover. they brought what they could bring and Howard is an amazing player and a high level d 1 prospect. it's just that we have a 2 deep of college talent.

elder will be a bitch. i'll be there saturday in canton to see banner number 10 won.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:38 pm

That was a painful game to watch. Boys against men out there. Go Iggy in the finals.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 pm

SPORTSTIMEOHIO ANNOUNCES OHSAA FOOTBALL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP COVERAGE

Three HS football games to be televised in High Definition for the first time – Div. I, III, and IV

SportsTimeOhio’s OHSAA football coverage concludes this week with the State Championship games. STO will televise all six (6) division state championship games live starting Friday November 28. Matt Underwood, Al Pawlowski, Greg Frey, Andre Knott, Mike Cairns, Matt D’Orazio, Jerry Rudzinski, and Katie Witham will all be involved providing play-by-play, color commentary, and sideline reports. In addition, Mark Schwab of WTAM 1100 and Jim Isabella, the ‘Principal of High School Sports’ will be in the STO studio providing updates and halftime programming.

New this year, STO will televise 3 of the championship games in High Definition. A second HD truck is not available to do all 6 games, but STO is pleased to broadcast Divisions I, III, and IV in HD.

Tuesday November 25 at 7:00pm will be the premier of the “High School Football Championship Preview.” Mike Cairns, Greg Frey, and Jim Isabella will preview all six match ups this weekend. For more programming information visit www.sportstimeohio.com

OHSAA Football Championship Game Schedule:

FRIDAY 11/28/08

• LIVE 11:00AM Div VI Championship Game “Delphos St. John’s vs. Bascom Hopewell-Loudon”
• LIVE 3:00PM Div IV Championship Game “Steubenville vs. Kettering Archbishop Alter” (HD)
• LIVE 7:00PM Div II Championship Game “Sylvania Southview vs. Cincinnati Anderson”

SATURDAY 12/1/07

• LIVE 11:00AM Div III Championship Game “Columbus Eastmoor Academy vs. Aurora” (HD)
• LIVE 3:00PM Div V Championship Game “Youngstown Ursuline vs. Findlay Liberty-Benton”
• LIVE 7:00PM Div I Championship Game “Cleveland St. Ignatius vs. Cincinnati Elder” (HD)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Rules » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:56 pm

I would just like to stop by and say thank you to STO, you done a good job with the finals.

Maybe next year you could add a third person to your studio show that has a little more knowledge of football outside of Northern Ohio. The men you have know Northern football extremely well and do a commendable job with that. Maybe adding a third person to bring an added voice to central and southern Ohio.

Again, Thank you. Very good job! :clap:
Rules

Previous

Return to High School Sports