Text Size

High School Sports

STO HS Football Playoff Coverage

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

STO HS Football Playoff Coverage

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:04 pm

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 1 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: SportsTime Ohio will televise a minimum of four (4) high school football playoff games starting Saturday November 1, 2008. The first game on STO will be the rematch of last week’s Div. I game between Lakewood St. Edward and Cleveland St. Ignatius LIVE at 7:00pm. Mike Cairns will do the play-by-play and former Buckeye Greg Frey will provide color commentary with Andre Knott on the sidelines.

WHEN: SATURDAY 11/1/08 7:00PM LIVE St. Edward vs. St. Ignatius
Replayed: Sunday 11/2/08 9:00am
Tuesday 11/4/08 12:00noon
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: STO HS Football Playoff Coverage

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:22 pm

:woot:
Holy War Part 2 should be played in a larger place then Byers. 11,500 isn't small but these two schools would draw 35k for a playoff game.

Since I won't be able to get a ticket :gah: at least I'll be able to watch it live :yessss:
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby dpdad » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:46 am

Planning to go to the Brecksville - Glenville game that is being played in Bedford.
dpdad

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:17 pm

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 2 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: SportsTime Ohio will televise two (2) High School Football playoff games this week along with the volleyball state championships. STO will carry the Division IV football game Friday 11/7/08 LIVE at 7:30pm between Steubenville and Youngstown Cardinal Mooney. Coverage of the High School Volleyball State Championships will begin at 11:00am on Saturday 11/8/08. In addition, LIVE Saturday at 7:30pm STO will televise the Cleveland St. Ignatius – Cleveland Glenville football game. Matt Underwood will do the play-by-play and former Buckeye Greg Frey will provide color commentary with Andre Knott on the sidelines for Saturday’s game.

WHEN: FRIDAY 11/7/08 7:30pm LIVE Steubenville vs. Cardinal Mooney
Replayed Sunday 11/9/08 3:00pm

SATURDAY 11/8/08 7:30PM LIVE St. Ignatius vs. Glenville
Replayed: Sunday 11/9/08 12:00noon
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 pm

The 'ville big red is sick. How can these D 4 schools be this good?

So weird to watch non-Cbus Ohio die.

30 years ago, Mooney and big red were AAA level. In the 80's , D 2.

Now D 4.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Big Red is on a collison course with Coldwater and that will be an absolute war...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:45 am

Fun to watch Defense on tv tonight. I hope the Browns were watching and taking notes. :dead:

Have to assume that STO will show the Regional Final of Strongsville @ St. Ignatius. My guess is the game will be at Byers.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Umph » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:38 am

I love watching Glenville because it is refreshing to see a coach worse than Crennel. Ted Gin Sr. might be the worst coach ever. 2nd round of the playoffs and he can't figure out personnel yet. Tons of delay of game penalties and timeouts while kids run in last second, and his D lines up offsides about every 6 plays. Let alone the special teams! What a joke! I feel bad for the Glenville kids because they obviously have the talent to make some noise, but with no coach they bow out of the playoffs early every year.
Umph

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Umph wrote:I love watching Glenville because it is refreshing to see a coach worse than Crennel. Ted Gin Sr. might be the worst coach ever. 2nd round of the playoffs and he can't figure out personnel yet. Tons of delay of game penalties and timeouts while kids run in last second, and his D lines up offsides about every 6 plays. Let alone the special teams! What a joke! I feel bad for the Glenville kids because they obviously have the talent to make some noise, but with no coach they bow out of the playoffs early every year.

It is common knowledge that Ginn is not quite the best X's and O's guy. Howeverm I do not feel bad at all for the Glenville players. Since Ginn has taken over, how many kids has he gotten free education and kept away from the other much more evil temptations on the streets of Cleveland. Troy Smith is not in the NFL today if not for Ginn.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby dpdad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Couldn't believe Ginn didn't go for the two point conversion in Saturday's game. 7-5 gets you nothing, where 8-5 means a FG only ties you. That game could have gone to OT if he goes for two and gets it after the TD.
dpdad

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:59 pm

Horrible performance by Ginn. Just terrible coaching. Don't even start on the offensive design. What a waste. Props to Iggy though, that McIvey can bring the wood.

Next week STO should have DeSales and Louisville from Arlin Field (Mansfield) on Friday and then Strongsville-Iggy on Saturday.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 pm

^^^Looks like the first part of that is right...

Big ups to STO for hitting on that one. I know it's making the rounds around Louisville today and people are already excited and will have their VCR's set.
noles1

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:24 pm

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 3 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: SportsTime Ohio will once again televise two (2) live High School Football playoff games this weekend. STO will carry the Division II football game Friday 11/14/08 LIVE at 7:30pm between Columbus St. Francis De Sales and Louisville. On Saturday 11/15/08 STO will televise the Division I game between Cincinnati Colerain and Cincinnati Elder live at 7:00pm. Mike Cairns will do the play-by-play and former Buckeye Greg Frey will provide color commentary for Saturday’s game.

WHEN: FRIDAY 11/14/08 7:30pm LIVE Columbus St. Francis De Sales vs. Louisville
Replayed Saturday 11/15 3:00pm

SATURDAY 11/15/08 7:00PM LIVE Cincinnati Colerain vs. Cincinnati Elder
Replayed: Sunday 11/16/08 3:00pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Rules » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Columbus Desales vs Louisville on Friday night.....are your freaking kidding me?

There isn't a bigger game in the entire state of Ohio on either day bigger then the Coldwater vs Alter game! Last year this game went to Triple overtime and Coldwater won 59-52. The winner will meet Stubbenville in the state finals.
Rules

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 am

I know some folks here are Kitlan fans. I hate to say it, but you should be congratulating the boys on agood season about now. Ursuline had their way with Mooney for most of their game. They simply have some athletes on another level that Kitland will see.

There's always Hoosiers, I suppose.
jb

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:25 pm

JB,
You meant Steubenville had their way with Mooney...

Although I agree, while Kirtland has had a terrific season it looks like it will come to an end against a big-time Steubenville team.

The Big Red-Coldwater showdown could be a great one if it comes thru.

Rules,
The Alter-Coldwater game is big (although I think Coldwater is too much this year) but Louisville-DeSales is #1 vs. #2 in the STATE for D-2... to dimish that game is absurd.
noles1

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Kirtland will never, ever, ever lose to Steubenville this weekend. It is not going to happen.

Especially since they play Ursuline.

This thread is chock-fill of mistakes. :woot:

Noles- you should bury Perry prematurely instead. :wow:

Best time of year. Regardless of who is playing each other. Cold and crisp outside, meaningful football on Fridays and Saturdays.

Anyone going to any of these games this weekend? Pick a game. let's go. GLB Christmas Ales before hand somewhere.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:14 pm

noles1 wrote:JB,
You meant Steubenville had their way with Mooney...

Although I agree, while Kirtland has had a terrific season it looks like it will come to an end against a big-time Steubenville team.

The Big Red-Coldwater showdown could be a great one if it comes thru.

Rules,
The Alter-Coldwater game is big (although I think Coldwater is too much this year) but Louisville-DeSales is #1 vs. #2 in the STATE for D-2... to dimish that game is absurd.

Noles - Big Red still did, but I'm talking the RS Y-town version of the Holy War. The score was pretty close, but Ursuline pretty much rolled along. They controlled the contest IMhO .

I can't see a small far suburban public school with bleachers that look borrowed from a gymaseum competing with Ursuline this year.

They are helligood for a small school.

And yes, that is the inequity of the system.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Kirtland will never, ever, ever lose to Steubenville this weekend. It is not going to happen.

Especially since they play Ursuline.

This thread is chock-fill of mistakes. :woot:

Noles- you should bury Perry prematurely instead. :wow:

Best time of year. Regardless of who is playing each other. Cold and crisp outside, meaningful football on Fridays and Saturdays.

Anyone going to any of these games this weekend? Pick a game. let's go. GLB Christmas Ales before hand somewhere.

No, I'm waiting for the state game after the two bye weeks the Cats are getting (assuming they draw the Strak Co region rather thant the C-bus) . If it happens that way, let's plan on meeting in the Beldon World area if you are taking in state.

FUDU, I'll be glad to buy you a souvenier from a state football title game if you want.
jb

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

My bad. Completely stupid on my part. Got D-4 and D-5 mixed.

Still stand by Steubenville & Ursuline winning for what its worth.

When Iggy plays Hoover, don't bother just put on the first half of Little Giants. That should be sufficient.

I'll be at the Leps game Friday.

When you guys make it down to see Iggy in the Finals I'll be around. Hopefully Louisville is playing the night before...
noles1

Unread postby Rules » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 pm

noles1 wrote:Rules,

Don't get me wrong, i don't want to take anything away from that game. I am sure it will be a good game. But after last years 59-52 triple overtime marathon. To some it's a no brainer what is the best game.
Rules

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 pm

noles1 wrote:When Iggy plays Hoover, don't bother just put on the first half of Little Giants. That should be sufficient.

When you guys make it down to see Iggy in the Finals I'll be around. Hopefully Louisville is playing the night before...

Fat chance. Hoover (my alma mater, he humbly said) is going all the way this year. I see that rebracketing may occur at the state semis. Any chance of Hoover meeting St. Ig in the finals instead of the semis? I don't know enough to figure that out.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Dozen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Last edited by Dozen on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Dozen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Dozen wrote:
JB wrote:I know some folks here are Kitlan fans. I hate to say it, but you should be congratulating the boys on agood season about now. Ursuline had their way with Mooney for most of their game. They simply have some athletes on another level that Kitland will see.

There's always Hoosiers, I suppose.

Mooney?????????????????? didn't Mooney play Stuebenville?

They can beat Ursuline, and it wouldn't be a shocker either. The size of Kirtlands team is very underated. I'll wait to congratulate when the seasons OFFICIALLY over. I won't disrespect those kids who have been busting their ass off since July when the captains got them practicing before coaches were allowed
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:07 pm

They can beat Ursuline, and it wouldn't be a shocker either.

Big Red would beat any D 2 team in Ohio. Macklin, the lines and Branko are that good. Mooney losing to them is no statement om Mooney or Kirtland.

Say G'nite Gracie.

Love the loyalty though!

HS isn't the place for objectivity, its for being a fan, so that's cool. But forget size. The Hornets' eyes will be popping from the speed. Hear me now, believe me later. They will be blown away by the quciks.
Last edited by jb on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:12 pm

jfiling wrote:
noles1 wrote:When Iggy plays Hoover, don't bother just put on the first half of Little Giants. That should be sufficient.

Fat chance. Hoover (my alma mater, he humbly said) is going all the way this year. I see that rebracketing may occur at the state semis. Any chance of Hoover meeting St. Ig in the finals instead of the semis? I don't know enough to figure that out.

You can't match up.

Recognize.

Rivals has St Ignatius top 10 nationwide. We'll hang 40 + .

http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=457

NC= Hoover is a nice HS team. Good public school BTW, JD !
jb

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:58 am

Agreed. Hoover is going to have a tough one against Glenoak anyway. But be realistic. No way Hoover can match up with Iggy. None.

Hoover was DOMINATED by Louisville, even I (a Louisville grad) would admit that Louisville can't compete with Iggy.

There's being a homer and then there is being senile.
noles1

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 pm

noles1 wrote:Agreed. Hoover is going to have a tough one against Glenoak anyway. But be realistic. No way Hoover can match up with Iggy. None.

Hoover was DOMINATED by Louisville, even I (a Louisville grad) would admit that Louisville can't compete with Iggy.

I know. I'm a homer all the way. GlenOak will be tough but we did beat them a few weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out how hard tickets will be to get for the Hoover/Ignatius game if it happens. It's a reasonably short trip down 77 to Fawcett Stadium. I think I'm old enough that I went to school with the parents of at least a couple of the Hoover players. I'll have to check Facebook and see who is going, make it an early reunion.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby JuanBond68 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm

Hey Noles when are you heading down to the Leps game today? I talked to Farrah last night and I could sense he is nervous about this game. Esp with rain in the forcast and the game being played on grass.

By the way, how vulgar do you think your brother is going to be giving the pregame speech tonight?

Gimme a call when you get down there and we will have a few pops before the game

GO BLUE!!!
JuanBond68

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm

The speech should be good...we'll see. He was subbing there today too. You know him though, expect spitting, "uhhhs" & tons of f-bombs.

Mauky talked with PK too. Bobby is going 1-on-1 with the 6-6 kid. Bro didn't think PK seemed worried.

I'll say this. No way DeSales should be able to run against 9 in the box. We'll see though.

Rick Cutter is swoopin me at 57 and 30 around 615.

Thirty pack for the tailgate. I'll hit you up.

Weather here is fantastic. It is rains it isn't showing it now. I'm still of the opinion if the wind ain't bad Neal will be much better than last week.

I'm optimistic about tonight but maybe I'm off-base a bit?

They got all these "d-1" guys but I just don't buy it. We hear it every year in the Ville and just shut people up...
noles1

Unread postby JuanBond68 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:13 pm

PK just didn't seem to have his normal swagger about him. However, I think if the weather holds off we should take it to the Columbus city All-Stars
JuanBond68

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:11 pm

For reference to others...JuanBond68's football career reminds me of Joe Thomas.
noles1

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:27 am

jfiling wrote:
noles1 wrote:Agreed. Hoover is going to have a tough one against Glenoak anyway. But be realistic. No way Hoover can match up with Iggy. None.

I know. I'm a homer all the way. GlenOak will be tough but we did beat them a few weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out how hard tickets will be to get for the Hoover/Ignatius game if it happens. It's a reasonably short trip down 77 to Fawcett Stadium. I think I'm old enough that I went to school with the parents of at least a couple of the Hoover players. I'll have to check Facebook and see who is going, make it an early reunion.

It's HS FB . We should ALL be homers.

:cheers:

'cept FUDU. No excuse there.
jb

Unread postby Umph » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Anyone have the line on the Iggy / Strongsville game tonight?

Also, in the interest of fairness, I mocked Ted Gin Sr. for his team's general dissarray against the Cats (kids constantly running in late, tons of delay of game penalties, almost every timeout called because the wrong kids were on the field) but apparently Gin suspended a bunch of kids for the game for something that happened during the week (not exactly sure what, just an "incident"). Following the OSU mantra he of course suspended no starters, but I had heard the number of kids who didn't make the trip was "significant" so perhaps that is why there was so much confusion.

I still stand by the fact that Gin is a horrible coach, just backing off my criticism a bit as I apparently didn't have the whole story.
Umph

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Umph wrote:Anyone have the line on the Iggy / Strongsville game tonight?

Also, in the interest of fairness, I mocked Ted Gin Sr. for his team's general dissarray against the Cats (kids constantly running in late, tons of delay of game penalties, almost every timeout called because the wrong kids were on the field) but apparently Gin suspended a bunch of kids for the game for something that happened during the week (not exactly sure what, just an "incident"). Following the OSU mantra he of course suspended no starters, but I had heard the number of kids who didn't make the trip was "significant" so perhaps that is why there was so much confusion.

I still stand by the fact that Gin is a horrible coach, just backing off my criticism a bit as I apparently didn't have the whole story.

The Ville scored a TD to go up 6-5 on Iggy. He went for the 1-point PAT. That's just flat out inexcusably stupid regardless of anything else going on.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:00 pm

JB wrote:
jfiling wrote:

Thanks, JB. I forgot that HS Football is the one case where being an unabashed homer is perfectly fine. 2 more hours, and I'll be glued to 1480 AM. I heard the Strongsville coach this morning on KNR and he really seems to have his game together, and I don't think his guys are going to be very intimidated facing St. Ignatius.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Funny thing about Hoover Vikings football, at least to me. Our most successful NFL player is Todd Blackledge.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Umph wrote:Anyone have the line on the Iggy / Strongsville game tonight?

The Ville scored a TD to go up 6-5 on Iggy. He went for the 1-point PAT. That's just flat out inexcusably stupid regardless of anything else going on.

Nah. It was too early in the game. You are too critical.

BTW - Did you SEE the talent on G'ville? How did St I win that? Weirdest win since taking down reece Clarett in 00.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 pm

jfiling wrote:Funny thing about Hoover Vikings football, at least to me. Our most successful NFL player is Todd Blackledge.

When I worked in Canton I had occasion to cross paths with Todd B. You simply won't find a better dude. Anywhere. He is freakishly grounded and good. What also struck me is he looks like a distance runner, not an NFL QB. Skinny dude.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 pm

jfiling wrote:
JB wrote:
jfiling wrote:

Thanks, JB. I forgot that HS Football is the one case where being an unabashed homer is perfectly fine. 2 more hours, and I'll be glued to 1480 AM. I heard the Strongsville coach this morning on KNR and he really seems to have his game together, and I don't think his guys are going to be very intimidated facing St. Ignatius.

:lmfao:

Russ can talk a good game, but at 0 - 14 , they run when they see blue and gold. Peasants seeing cossacks descend upon them. Like the errr, Browns and Steelers sadly.

0 - 37 seems to damped Russ's cred.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 4 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: This weekend SportsTime Ohio will once again televise two (2) live High School Football playoff games. STO will carry the Division II state semi-final game Friday 11/21/08 LIVE at 7:30pm between Columbus St. Francis DeSales and Cincinnati Anderson. Matt Underwood and Greg Frey will do the play-by-play and color commentary. On Saturday 11/22/08 STO will televise the Division I game between North Canton Hoover and Cleveland St. Ignatius live at 7:00pm with Mike Cairns and Greg Frey.

WHEN: FRIDAY 11/21/08 7:30pm LIVE St. Francis DeSales vs. Cincinnati Anderson
Replayed: Saturday 11/22/08 12:00pm

SATURDAY 11/22/08 7:00PM LIVE North Canton Hoover vs. St. Ignatius
Replayed: Sunday 11/23/08 12:00pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Sweet, I get to see Hoover expose St. Iggy for the frauds that they are...

HOMER POWER, ACTIVATE!
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm

jfiling wrote:HOMER POWER, ACTIVATE!

You will need to activate it within the officiating crew to better your chances.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Rules » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:25 am

Iggy 3 times in 5 weeks?

The Anderson/Desales match-up will be pretty good. But you would have thought they could find a game for Saturday night that has a chance of ending within 30 points!

Iggy will have Hoover taken care of by about.....well now! :lmfao:
Rules

Unread postby onlyindreams » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:15 pm

If you count the first Holy War being on FSN Ohio, that makes 4 out of the last 5 Iggy games on TV. If they beat Hoover, it'll mean 5 of the last 6. I don't know why they didn't pick the other semi, considering it should be a better game and they are trying to establish the network in southern ohio. Pickerington has 2 OSU commits so that makes it even more interesting for Ohio State fans.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 pm

onlyindreams wrote:If you count the first Holy War being on FSN Ohio, that makes 4 out of the last 5 Iggy games on TV. If they beat Hoover, it'll mean 5 of the last 6. I don't know why they didn't pick the other semi, considering it should be a better game and they are trying to establish the network in southern ohio. Pickerington has 2 OSU commits so that makes it even more interesting for Ohio State fans.

The Dolans are alums.
jb

Unread postby Rules » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 am

Don't get me wrong i enjoy watching Iggy, since i live in southern Ohio i don't get to watch them. They look very, very tough to beat. But i think it's a given they will destroy Hoover and will be on TV next week.

Why not expose some lower division football like D-V or D-III. You have had basically DI, DII, and i think they had D-IV one week when they had the Stubbenville-Mooney game on. Which was the right game that week, i'll give them props for what they deserve.

But kids at Iggy, Elder and such are used to being seen. Why not give some of the kids who are not used to it the chance.

But as always thats my my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
Rules

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Dont forget.. STO wants people to watch the games. Who will get the biggest ratings? Definitely an Iggy game.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 pm

lubber wrote:Dont forget.. STO wants people to watch the games. Who will get the biggest ratings? Definitely an Iggy game.

lubber is right. Iggy = Yankees You either love them or hate them.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 am

Rules wrote:Don't get me wrong i enjoy watching Iggy, since i live in southern Ohio i don't get to watch them. They look very, very tough to beat. But i think it's a given they will destroy Hoover and will be on TV next week.

Why not expose some lower division football like D-V or D-III. You have had basically DI, DII, and i think they had D-IV one week when they had the Stubbenville-Mooney game on. Which was the right game that week, i'll give them props for what they deserve.

But kids at Iggy, Elder and such are used to being seen. Why not give some of the kids who are not used to it the chance.

But as always thats my my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Because high quality games are worth watching over 200 Pound linemen..

That's why you'll see Big Ten FB on national TV instead of NCAC FB on TV Saturday.

Ignatius FB is sick.

That 2K rusher on Hoover has no idea what awaits.

Pain. Humiliation. We've already done better. McVey is not describable.

Cats are sick. Only the Gnati maters.
jb

Next

Return to High School Sports