Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Would you veto this trade?

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Would you veto this trade?

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

I made a trade yesterday in my fantasy football league (not the TCF one) which was voted down. I wanted to get people's take here.

I give up:
Chad Johnson
Jonathan Stewart

and I receive:
Roddy White
Mewelde Moore

In this league you start 2 RBs and 3 WRs. I drafted Stewart and have yet to play him all year as he's behind Addai, Chris Johnson, Slaton, and Forte. (I went very rookie-heavy in the draft and its paid off.) Ocho has been a total bust this year but I've been forced to play him every week as my other WRs are Hines Ward, Chambers (who's missed a couple games), and DeSean Jackson - what with byes and all, I've only been able to bench him once. Then he went out and scored 2 TDs this week so I seized the opportunity to get some value for him. This trade would net me an elite WR in Roddy. Now I realize Mewelde has returned to the Steelers' bench, but is he really less valuable to me than Stewart? After all, if Willie were to go down again, I'd probably play a starting Mewelde over Stewart anyday. Yet this trade was voted down because I "gave up too much". What do you think? Would you vote this down?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Would you veto this trade?

Unread postby swerb » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I see why you did it. Shocking to hear myself say this, but Roddy is a clear upgrade to Ocho Cinco right now, and if Stewart is buried on your pine ...

I could also see why someone maybe not as in tune with the year Roddy White is having would vote it down after just seeing the names. If you explained the deal to your fellow owners on the league message board during the veto period, they prolly wouldn'ta voted it down.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 am

I personally see nothing wrong with the trade from what you told us about your team, but how about the other's? Is he out of the playoffs? Does he need a RB? Whoever vetoed it has to have a reasoning behind it? What have they said?
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:26 pm

This is why you should never let a league vote on trades. Netting Roddy White would have been huge for you. Stewart is a flex play at best and Ocho has a ridiculously hard schedule coming up. White was a clear upgrade.

The only way a trade should ever be vetoed is if there is clear colusion between the two teams
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:41 pm

I wouldn't have vetoed it but it was definitely vetoed based on Chad Johnson's name recognition and Roddy White's lack of recognition.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 pm

What place are you in? It may have been vetoed just so you didn't improve your team
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Luckily my commish has a head on his shoulders and pushed the trade through. I doubt people were rejecting the trade due to records as I'm 5-4 and he's 4-5. I think Swerb nailed it:
I could also see why someone maybe not as in tune with the year Roddy White is having would vote it down after just seeing the names.

Thanks for your input guys.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:55 pm

That is a great deal for you. Huge upgrade at WR and it cost you a RB that will never see your lineup. Way to capitalize off of Ocho's one good game all year
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Unread postby Eckersley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:48 pm

That looks like a very fair trade to me.

If Carson Palmer comes back this year, Ocho's numbers should rise, but he
s not the Ocho of old.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby paddio » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:55 am

Looks pretty fair to me
paddio

Return to The Fantasy Forum