Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

GBN Updated Mock Draft 1/20

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Jets could look to move down

Unread postby yogi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:16 pm

I think its a real possibility that the Jets will look to move down. They are going to be cap strapped and my not be able to afford a #4 overall pick.

That being said what'll it take to swap 4 & 12 and who would we take? We really have no trade bait on the roster so the cost would be draft picks. A second rounder this year and next get it done?

who would we take?
D'Brick? or Hawk? or ?
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby pup » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:45 pm

This is so hard to type......pass on AJ Hawk and take The Brick.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:17 pm

God, I would love to have that dilemma. They are clearly the top two players on my personal Browns board. Two guys I got to see play often this year, and two guys I'd love to have on my team.

Draft Pick Value Chart says that we'd need to give up a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder in addition to #12 to move up to #4.

Thats alot to give up for a team still littered with holes and lacking depth, but I do it with a smile to land one of these two.

#12, a 4th, and our 2nd rounder next year for #4? I do that, but I don't even know if that gets it done. Alot depends on who emerges from the combines as the Next Big Thing. Could be a name other than Hawk or Ferguson that teams will be fighting to deal up for.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Cleveland Browns & the NFL

Unread postby jerry evans » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:52 pm

Given the fact that we have generally been so bad with our first round picks and that we have more than a few needs, what about the notion of trading our first round pick for several in the later rounds?

jerry
jerry evans

The People's Choice

Unread postby S4Aero » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm all for filling needs, and I understand the OL issues, but the front 7 on D is just (if not more) as pressing.

My call - bite the bullet - Trade UP with Oak and take Hawk. Immediate impact on the front 7 issue and you bring a local boy home. Address tackle in the second round and the rest of the OL in FA.
S4Aero

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm

I have heard LeCharles Bentley is very interested in coming to Cleveland. I know we have Andruzzi and Coleman at the guard position, and there is still some love for Faine, but does anyone think they make a run at him?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Those guys are on crack if they think the first WR in the draft will be selected at number25. I am not sure if Holmes will be #1 coming out of the combine. I expect to see the NFL become enamoured with some dude out of nowhere that runs a sick 40 and has a great combine.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

nope

Unread postby mistero » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:55 pm

I think it's entirely likely no WR will go in round one. Denver has 2 picks near the end of the round.That's the only spot I could see one go.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL