Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Unread postby The Brook » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:41 am

Hey, a few of my friends and I want to start a fantasy baseball keeper league for next season. The problem is none of us have done a keeper league before.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience and if you have suggestions on websites/rules. Do you play week to week or rotisserre?? How many players do you get to keep each season (limit on hitters or pitchers)??

We don't want to pay a lot to play online, but any suggestions would be appreciated. I played around with Google and found a few, but I thought someone on here might have some info. Thanks in advance & Go Indians!
The Brook
carnitas, math & bucky

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: 97 Marlins roster

Check with Swerb

Unread postby ramllov » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:11 pm

We have had a keeper league for the past five years.

Swerb has been our commissioner.

We use CBS.

Again, Swerb has done a great job, going through new additions as some original members needed to be replaced do to personal or business time concerns.

Good luck!
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Re: Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Unread postby Eckersley » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 pm

I've been in several keeper leagues for several years. There are various ways to do it. I prefer rotisserie over head to head, but am in both kind of leagues. Our leagues are on Yahoo.

Most of our leagues have 10 keepers, but we usually take a vote to see if the majority of owners want to change the # of keepers from year to year. We've never set a certain amount of hitters of pitchers...we just let each owner name his 10 keepers.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Re: Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:56 pm

I run a very involved keeper league that includes a minor league roster. Shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss, or I can just e-mail you our Constitution. There will always be issues you don't plan for, so more than anything I would stress to your league that for the 1st year or so, everyone has to be fluid and understanding with the rules.

That being said, we do have 1 vacancy for this upcoming season...if anyone is interested, let me know! Its on CBS, 10-team roto league, $63 to buy in
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Return to The Fantasy Forum