Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

It better be Brantley.

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Unread postby TCBinaflash » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 am

ACrank wrote:Why the interest in Gamel? From what I have read he is extremely poor defensively at third.

Dude can flat out rake it.
TCBinaflash

Favorite Player: Michael Bourn
Least Favorite Player: Ron Karkovice

Unread postby petes999 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am

Toxicadam wrote:That's pretty lazy reporting by Hoynes (big shocker). Both Shapiro and Antonnetti have both said that the PTBNL is not dependent on how CC does in Milwaukee.

That is not what Hoynes said ... he said how Milwaukee finishes not how CC pitchers. Now, with all the Shapiro said it being 2 guys, now possibly 4 ... can we believe everything we hear from Shapiro?
petes999

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 am

petes999 wrote:
Toxicadam wrote:That's pretty lazy reporting by Hoynes (big shocker). Both Shapiro and Antonnetti have both said that the PTBNL is not dependent on how CC does in Milwaukee.

That is not what Hoynes said ... he said how Milwaukee finishes not how CC pitchers. Now, with all the Shapiro said it being 2 guys, now possibly 4 ... can we believe everything we hear from Shapiro?

I don't think PTBNL can be conditional though. So, how Milwaukee do is irrelevant.

The list has been agreed upon and the Indians can pick one player, regardless of what transpires after the trade.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

petes999 wrote:

So because Hoynes conjectures that it's conditional based simply on the fact that the Indians haven't made a decision yet, you are now saying that's a reason why we shouldn't believe everything you hear from Shapiro?

Well first of all, I wouldn't believe anything that Hoynes says, he's simply a bad writer who obviously doesn't research his stories.

Secondly, the reason you shouldn't believe everything Shapiro says isn't because of Hoynes, it's because he is a GM and no GM is going to be honest and forthright about everything that goes on behind closed doors. They have to be PR conscious.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Yeah, the Indians have said on Day 1 of the trade that the PTBNL was from a list of two players and that they had until the end of the season to decide on the player. I don't recall the Indians stating otherwise since then.....just reporters like Pluto and Hoynes saying the list had four players or whatever.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 am

More wild speculation from Hoynes

If the Brewers make the playoffs, the Indians get to choose the "player to be named" to complete the Sabathia deal. If the Brewers don't make the postseason, they get to choose the player they'll send the Indians.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... _be_a.html
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 pm

From the supposed blog of agent Joshua Kusnick, agent to both Taylor Green and Michael Brantley.

Also pretty sure about the PTBNL in the CC trade, so much so I informed the player today. Wont be announced until after the world series, or at least that is my understanding.

http://39ontheline.blogspot.com/
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Re: It better be Brantley.

Unread postby Toxicadam » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeaaaa buddy. :nanner:
Toxicadam

Re:

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 am

Duane Kuiper wrote:With Grady, Weglarz, LaPorta, Francisco and Crowe why would they need another OF?

A poor defensive one at that.

Gold......pure Gold
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Re: Re:

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Duane Kuiper wrote:With Grady, Weglarz, LaPorta, Francisco and Crowe why would they need another OF?

Gold......pure Gold

And that guy wondered why I thought he was a Grade-A dbag. That was probably one of his more learned opinions.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:

Gold......pure Gold

And that guy wondered why I thought he was a Grade-A dbag. That was probably one of his more learned opinions.

Really? Thats scary.

There is actually a lot of good stuff like that in that thread. Granted hindsight is always 20/20 but its really funny some of that stuff....Cough Cough LeadPipe..Choo..Cough Cough
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:

Gold......pure Gold

Really? Thats scary.

There is actually a lot of good stuff like that in that thread. Granted hindsight is always 20/20 but its really funny some of that stuff....Cough Cough LeadPipe..Choo..Cough Cough

Me missing on Choo pales in comparion to the history of high comedy included in the Indians threads over the years.

And unlike, Kuip, Tito, MCreek and the boys - I like my ratio between right and wrong. As they say, you can look it up.

The demise of Andy Marte ruined some of the fun of these boards. His stiffdom actually chased a couple of Hall-of-Fame humps in Kuip and Tito. I miss those days of every prospect being the next big thing.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Re: It better be Brantley.

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I wrote up some thoughts on Brantley today for the front page: http://www.theclevelandfan.com/clevelan ... n-brantley
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Just some good natured ribbing man :thumb up:
Dnthateonthepronk

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB