Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Food and especially drink near Cleveland Browns Stadium

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Food and especially drink near Cleveland Browns Stadium

Unread postby idoctribefan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey guys, just moved to Cleveland and have tickets to a few Browns games this year. Where is a good place to go for a bite and some beers before a game? I went to the preseason game vs the Jets and we went to Blind Pig and Dive Bar. I'm thinking this board is a good place to find some inside info. I've been to plenty of Tribe games and know The Jake's side of downtown pretty well but was interested to hear the hotspots on the other side. Thanks.

P.S....I will be sure to attend any TCF Tailgates that I can
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Welcome, IIRC there is a thread or two on this some where in this forum if you feel like searching.

I believe there were plenty of really good suggestions.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby idoctribefan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah, I saw a few threads talkin more about the area around the Jake and the Q, but not much directly speaking of CBS. W. 6th is mentioned in a few threads. Probably will continue to head that direction in the near future.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm

idoctribefan wrote:Yeah, I saw a few threads talkin more about the area around the Jake and the Q, but not much directly speaking of CBS. W. 6th is mentioned in a few threads. Probably will continue to head that direction in the near future.

Tailgate at Muni or if that is too manic up in some of the parking lots off Lakeside. There's a nice little one between E16th and E18th. This is Browns football, where the tailgate is part of (and often times surpasses) the game experience. Save the bars for after the game. My 2 cents.
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 pm

What Matt said.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry