Text Size

The 19th Hole

Inaugural TheClevelandFan.com Golf Outing

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Inaugural TheClevelandFan.com Golf Outing

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 pm

www.tcfgolfouting.com

This thing is gonna be awesome. Already have about 50 people on board and I haven't even started promoting it yet.

So if you think you can play, lemme know. Limited to the first 124. Don't need cash till later this summer. You gotta back out ... no big deal.

Last Saturday before football starts. Afternoon shotgun. Four person scramble. Lunch, golf, steak dinner, open bar, prizes.

Put together your own foursome, or I can put you in one. Gonna be good people at this event, and it will be a helluva time, that I can guarantee.

And Little Mountain ... my god, if you haven't been, it's really an amazing course. Golf Digest's only 5* public course in Ohio.

If you think you can make it, you can let me know in here, via email at richswerb@gmail.com, or on the golf outing website linked above.
Last edited by swerb on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 pm

67 confirmed so far. 57 open spots.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Up to 105 golfers. 19 spots left.

Also, ALL KINDS of updates made to the outing website. Rules, schedule of events, prizes, updated registration page, etc ...

www.TCFGolfOuting.com

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 am

http://www.tcfgolfouting.com/sponsors.php

Prize list continues to grow. A lot more still to be added to this as well.

At 101 golfers. Added some groups, lost a couple, had a couple of foursomes consolidate.

23 spots left.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 am

Prize list continues to grow, and more prizes will continue to flow in. Just a great list as is. Everyone will walk away with something.

Still room for 5 more foursomes.

http://www.tcfgolfouting.com/sponsors.php

~Round of golf for four, dinner, and drinks - Madison Country Club

~Two seats, second row, right behind home plate for an Indians game in September

~Two seats, upper deck, 3rd row, 50 yard line, for the Browns - Steelers Sunday night game in week two

~Windbreakers and emboidered golf shirts courtesy of All Custom Gear

~20 TheClevelandFan.com visors

~20 TheClevelandFan.com t-shirts

~Four free rounds of golf at Little Mountain Country Club

~Five golf shirts, five jackets, and ten baseball hats from Sportstime Ohio

~Papa Joe's Subs gift certs (TBD)

~Radian Mortgage Insurance giveaways (TBD)

~Genworth Mortgage Insurance golf balls, umbrellas, towels

~ Sandridge Country Club Golf Shirts

~ Three golf shirts and web design gift certificates from Ohio Connect

~20 adult admission tickets to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

~One hour massage ($75 value) courtesy of the Buckeye Chiropractic Clinic

~Dinner for four at The House of Blues downtown

~Two 2009 Entertainment Books

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Swerb, GREAT event!! That was some of the most fun I've ever had. Awesome group, best course I've ever played, great food, just a all around man's day. Sign me up for next year!
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Pcitures

Unread postby MartyM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Pictures are uploaded to my website and if Swerb gets a move on they'll be posted and linked to www.tcfgolfouting.com in the very near future.

Here are some links for everyone.

Group Shots:
http://photos_by_marty.fototime.com/TCF%20Golf%20Outing/Group%20Shots

Individual Shots
http://photos_by_marty.fototime.com/TCF%20Golf%20Outing/Individual%20Pictures

Miscellaneous Pictures
http://photos_by_marty.fototime.com/TCF%20Golf%20Outing/Miscellaneous%20Shots

With a few of my favorites. Just a note, any pictures and other goodies that are ordered will not have the copyright marks on it.

The fearless leader and his team looking for the elusive white ball.

Last edited by MartyM on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartyM

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: PittsPuke

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 pm

This was a an outstanding event. Kudos to anyone who played a part in running it. Very organized, but not TOO organized. Sometimes events are so organized that some of the loose, easy-going fun time is taken out of it. This was well done all-around. I will be sure to keep my calendar open for next year's outing. And this time I will be sure to have a full foursome so that I'm not completely exhausted by my 13th hole from hitting 2 balls all round long.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby D$ » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Kudos to Dick (Swerb) on the maiden voyage of this event. Great course, great group of participants, and an all around good time had by all. This will definitely be etched in my calender for years to come. If you were not there, you definitely missed out. Well done.
D$

Unread postby Doc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Great, great time.

Can anyone tell me if anyone eagled #7? I think it was 7, a slight downhill par 4? We drove it to about 15 feet, but couldn't knock the putt down. Just wondering if we might've gotten the skin on that one.

That was a fun course. Only the long par 4 on the back 9 played extremely long. Right into the wind, something like 480 yards. It was tough, and our only bogey. I was happy with that.

We left a lot of strokes on the course. Easily could have been 6- under if we could have collectively putted a little better. We had back to back holes where we chipped perfectly, only to have the ball kick directly off the pin. Just some bad luck overall. But, we did our best with 2 guys shooting 2 shots each. I was dragging by about 13-14 holes in. Good times...

Any idea if we're planning on LM next year, or are there other possibilities? Just curious, I know it's a year away.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Doc wrote:Great, great time.

Can anyone tell me if anyone eagled #7? I think it was 7, a slight downhill par 4? We drove it to about 15 feet, but couldn't knock the putt down. Just wondering if we might've gotten the skin on that one.

That was a fun course. Only the long par 4 on the back 9 played extremely long. Right into the wind, something like 480 yards. It was tough, and our only bogey. I was happy with that.

We left a lot of strokes on the course. Easily could have been 6- under if we could have collectively putted a little better. We had back to back holes where we chipped perfectly, only to have the ball kick directly off the pin. Just some bad luck overall. But, we did our best with 2 guys shooting 2 shots each. I was dragging by about 13-14 holes in. Good times...

Any idea if we're planning on LM next year, or are there other possibilities? Just curious, I know it's a year away.

We eagled it Doc. No skin, but we did eagle that hole from about that same 15 feet.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to The 19th Hole