Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Post your Fantasy teams here

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Post your Fantasy teams here

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Since everyone loves to talk about their fantasy team and doesnt like to hear about others I figured I would post mine and give my commentary.

12 team league, no PPR, standard scoring

1. Hated having the 6th pick, I feel there are top 5 RB's then falls off from there, coudnt go Brady.

2. I feel I made a mistake the way the rest of the draft unfolded. I wanted a stud WR and passed on MJD in the 2nd round, should have taken him since I got Housh and Boldin still.

3. Took a chance in round 5 on Jonathan Stewart instead of Edge James. Proceed to try to cover my ass by drafting a ton of RB's.

4. Didnt take a kicker yet, I want to see how Training Camp plays out before I pick one up. I would rather take the chance of keeping Branch until he gets healthy than keep a kicker right now

5. this is my lesser of 3 leagues decided to take a chance on Minnesota, I think they are goign to be the best D by far. That being said I never do that and wont in my other leagues, that is what the 14th round is for. I would rather play matchups on D with unlimited moves

1. (6) Marion Barber
2. (19) Braylon Edwards
3. (30) T.J. Houshmandzadeh
4. (43) Anquan Boldin
5. (54) Jonathan Stewart
6. (67) Thomas Jones
7. (78) Minnesota
8. (91) Tony Scheffler
9. (102) Matt Schaub
10. (115) Fred Taylor
11. (126) Chester Taylor
12. (139) DeAngelo Williams
13. (150) Darrell Jackson
14. (163) Felix Jones
15. (174) Deion Branch
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby paddio » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:48 pm

3. Took a chance in round 5 on Jonathan Stewart instead of Edge James. Proceed to try to cover my ass by drafting a ton of RB's.

You made a great decision here
paddio

Unread postby TribeBuckeyeFan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:28 pm

So no backup QB, and you're starter is Schaub, and you're two backup WR's are Jackson and Branch? Hope you can trade one or two of those RB's.
TribeBuckeyeFan

Favorite Player: Grady, The Pruitts
Least Favorite Player: Kellen Winslow

Unread postby waborat » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:14 am

IMO:

1. I agree that it's a little tougher with a middle pick this year, but I have Gore & Portis ranked higher than Barber right now...especially considering that it's a NO PPR league then I would take Portis with a healthy line in Wash...I believe FJones will take some TD's away from Barber this year, so it'll be hard to know who to start
2. After stating that, I do like your starting lineup of Barber & TJones @ RB, Edwards, Housh & Boldin @ WR (considering that your start 3?)
3. I expect TJones to have a very good year...the Jets added too much punch to the o-line and Mr Favre should help as well....a steal in the 6th round!!!
4. I personally like DWilliams over Stewart in Carolina this season and you did well in handcuffing them...Stewart needs to show that he's healthy and rookies scare the hell out of me
5. Keep your fingers crossed on Schaub at qb...he's got THE best back up in the league behind him and could be on a short leash? I would have grabbed a qb earlier or taken Hasselbeck, Cutler or Delhomme around the same time...watch that waiver wire!!!
6. You went against one of my cardinal sins in picking a D @ 7...I NEVER pick one until at least 12 or later...D's are too easy to add later like you state in your post so why "waste" a position on them?
7. You're going to waiting a loooonnggg time on Mr Branch to be healthy
8. Did I mention how much I love your WR's???

Good Luck!
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:27 am

TribeBuckeyeFan wrote:So no backup QB, and you're starter is Schaub, and you're two backup WR's are Jackson and Branch? Hope you can trade one or two of those RB's.

I didnt take a backup QB because some people were autodrafting in the league and some of them have 3 decent QB's so there will be some of them hitting the waiver wire. Also you wouldnt believe how quick the QB's went in our league so I just kept sitting and waiting. Brady, Manning, Romo, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Brees, and Anderson went by the 3rd pick in the 3rd round. I couldnt believe it. After that I dont see that huge of a difference between Hasselbeck and Schaub. Especially when I won a championship with Sage Rosenfels last year :)

My backup WR's arent anything special but even when the bye weeks come in to play I can grab someone somewhere and still have 2 studs starting. I fully intened to trade some RB's I just want to see how training camp unfolds first.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Find the team that has ADP and trade Chesetr Taylor to them. He isn't worth a roster spot outside of a handcuff.

I personally wouldn't have taken Stewart that high considering he is going to split carries at best this year.

You need to at least open 2 roster spots, one for a K and one for a QB. I don't see how you can justify holding on to Branch hwne you have so many needs.

Great starting lineup, but your depth is lacking at WR and QB. Should be a very good squad if you can avoid injuries
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby buckeye319 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm

I agree with MacGregor, you should drop Branch and look for another QB just in case Schaub stinks. But if you award 4 pts for TD passes, then it might not be that big of a deal. I think Thomas Jones could have a real big year.

I'm in the boat that MacGregor brought up, because I foolishly passed on Chester Taylor to take Stewart for some unknown reason. I'm not even that high on Stewart, just kinda got antsy during the draft and took him because he was being passed over. However, I do think he'll begin to take more carries from DeAngelo as the year goes on.

I'd like to get your guys' opinion on my squad. It's a 10 team, PPR league.

1. (2) Adrian Peterson
2. (19) Braylon Edwards
3. (22) Larry Fitzgerald
4. (39) Willie Parker
5. (42) Carson Palmer
6. (59) Calvin Johnson
7. (62) Jeremy Shockey
8. (79) Jonathan Stewart
9. (82) Lee Evans
10. (99) Felix Jones
11. (102) Joey Galloway
12. (119) Jason Campbell
13. (122) Ricky Williams
14. (139) Green Bay
15. (142) Neil Rackers

My concerns are mainly at RB. I obviously like AP, and Parker was pretty good value at that point. However, my bench consists of Stewart, Felix Jones, and Ricky Williams. I like Sticky Ricky's potential but who know if he'll stay clean. I'll probably start 3 WRs most of the time since it's a PPR league though

- Also a bit concerned about my WR bench - Lee Evans and Galloway

- Feel the need to trade for Chester Taylor. Would you give up Stewart for him?

So what do you think? Any suggestions?
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby paddio » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Buckeye 319- I really like your team overall. Love your WR's including Lee Evans who I think will have a much better year this season.
paddio

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:14 pm

buckeye319 wrote:I agree with MacGregor, you should drop Branch and look for another QB just in case Schaub stinks. But if you award 4 pts for TD passes, then it might not be that big of a deal. I think Thomas Jones could have a real big year.

I'm in the boat that MacGregor brought up, because I foolishly passed on Chester Taylor to take Stewart for some unknown reason. I'm not even that high on Stewart, just kinda got antsy during the draft and took him because he was being passed over. However, I do think he'll begin to take more carries from DeAngelo as the year goes on.

1. (2) Adrian Peterson
2. (19) Braylon Edwards
3. (22) Larry Fitzgerald
4. (39) Willie Parker
5. (42) Carson Palmer
6. (59) Calvin Johnson
7. (62) Jeremy Shockey
8. (79) Jonathan Stewart
9. (82) Lee Evans
10. (99) Felix Jones
11. (102) Joey Galloway
12. (119) Jason Campbell
13. (122) Ricky Williams
14. (139) Green Bay
15. (142) Neil Rackers

My concerns are mainly at RB. I obviously like AP, and Parker was pretty good value at that point. However, my bench consists of Stewart, Felix Jones, and Ricky Williams. I like Sticky Ricky's potential but who know if he'll stay clean. I'll probably start 3 WRs most of the time since it's a PPR league though

I actually really like your team. I am not big on Willie Parker this year. I feel like by the end of the year Mendenhall is going to be a TD vulture. However where you concerned I feel like you have a huge strength. Youre WR's are studs. Both of your bench WR's are number 1's, what more could you ask for. I wouldnt be suprised to see you getting roughly the same production out of Evans as C. Johnson. I have had Evans the past two years and he quietly scores really well. I think you should attempt to trade for Taylor, but Stewart could be this year's Marshawn Lynch while Taylor will be on the bench if AP is healthy. I wonder if you could package something else that might work for them, perhaps talk up one of your bench WR's to get him. Just my thoughts.

side note: I am in my first 10 team league and I am jacked after seeing your team... it is alot of fun to have alot of studs on your team and not have to worry about whether you need to draft San Fran's 3rd RB cause there is no depth in the league
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby buckeye319 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Ziner wrote:
buckeye319 wrote:I agree with MacGregor, you should drop Branch and look for another QB just in case Schaub stinks. But if you award 4 pts for TD passes, then it might not be that big of a deal. I think Thomas Jones could have a real big year.

1. (2) Adrian Peterson
2. (19) Braylon Edwards
3. (22) Larry Fitzgerald
4. (39) Willie Parker
5. (42) Carson Palmer
6. (59) Calvin Johnson
7. (62) Jeremy Shockey
8. (79) Jonathan Stewart
9. (82) Lee Evans
10. (99) Felix Jones
11. (102) Joey Galloway
12. (119) Jason Campbell
13. (122) Ricky Williams
14. (139) Green Bay
15. (142) Neil Rackers

I actually really like your team. I am not big on Willie Parker this year. I feel like by the end of the year Mendenhall is going to be a TD vulture. However where you concerned I feel like you have a huge strength. Youre WR's are studs. Both of your bench WR's are number 1's, what more could you ask for. I wouldnt be suprised to see you getting roughly the same production out of Evans as C. Johnson. I have had Evans the past two years and he quietly scores really well. I think you should attempt to trade for Taylor, but Stewart could be this year's Marshawn Lynch while Taylor will be on the bench if AP is healthy. I wonder if you could package something else that might work for them, perhaps talk up one of your bench WR's to get him. Just my thoughts.

side note: I am in my first 10 team league and I am jacked after seeing your team... it is alot of fun to have alot of studs on your team and not have to worry about whether you need to draft San Fran's 3rd RB cause there is no depth in the league

You'll enjoy the 10 team league, Ziner. I think it's the best amount of players. It's big enough that you still have to make smart draft and waiver decisions, but small enough that you really get excited about your team.

I'm not high Parker either, but he was the safest bet at that point and I needed a RB. I'm not sure what to make of Mendenhall at this point. I'm hoping Stewart blows up but I think the odds of that aren't great.

I like Evans alot, but his problem is his QB - though I hear Trent Edwards looks OK. Galloway's age is a concern, but he had a pretty nice year last year if I remember correctly, so we'll see. If he remains healthy, he'll be fine.
buckeye319

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:47 pm

buckeye319 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

1. (2) Adrian Peterson
2. (19) Braylon Edwards
3. (22) Larry Fitzgerald
4. (39) Willie Parker
5. (42) Carson Palmer
6. (59) Calvin Johnson
7. (62) Jeremy Shockey
8. (79) Jonathan Stewart
9. (82) Lee Evans
10. (99) Felix Jones
11. (102) Joey Galloway
12. (119) Jason Campbell
13. (122) Ricky Williams
14. (139) Green Bay
15. (142) Neil Rackers

You'll enjoy the 10 team league, Ziner. I think it's the best amount of players. It's big enough that you still have to make smart draft and waiver decisions, but small enough that you really get excited about your team.

I'm not high Parker either, but he was the safest bet at that point and I needed a RB. I'm not sure what to make of Mendenhall at this point. I'm hoping Stewart blows up but I think the odds of that aren't great.

I like Evans alot, but his problem is his QB - though I hear Trent Edwards looks OK. Galloway's age is a concern, but he had a pretty nice year last year if I remember correctly, so we'll see. If he remains healthy, he'll be fine.

I am looking forward to my 10 team draft.... starts monday, hope I'd take your team that is for sure..unless they give me the first pick.

I understand the Parker pick, I almost made one myself, but then again he was a top 10 RB last year and might not get many carries taken away. He isnt the worst 2nd RB out there.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 am

Just finishing up my first auction league draft (ever), here's the top players and values

Tom Brady $41
Steven Jackson $53
Thomas Jones $21
Rudi Johnson $10
Andre Johnson $26
T.J. Houshmanzadeh $19
Hines Ward $8
Kellen Winslow $12

Just waiting to fill out the roster now, went a little high on Jackson and Andre Johnson but I think Ward and Rudi Johnson at $8 and $10 is pretty good. Also got Brady about $2 cheaper then normal so that was a pretty good deal too
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:17 pm

I have the 4th pick in a 10 team league. No PPR, standard rules. Lets assume LT and AP go 1 and 2... who do you have 3-4-5

I have

Addai, Westbrook, Jackson... what do you guys think?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby paddio » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Ziner wrote:I have the 4th pick in a 10 team league. No PPR, standard rules. Lets assume LT and AP go 1 and 2... who do you have 3-4-5

I have

I think those are the next three in line
paddio

Unread postby waborat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Ziner wrote:I have the 4th pick in a 10 team league. No PPR, standard rules. Lets assume LT and AP go 1 and 2... who do you have 3-4-5

I have

I definately have Westbrook & SJax ahead of Addai...actually I have Gore ahead of him as well

Good Luck!
waborat

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:59 pm

waborat wrote:

I have

I definately have Westbrook & SJax ahead of Addai...actually I have Gore ahead of him as well

Good Luck!

Really??? I have it in that order, Addai, Westbrook, Jackson, then Barber, I am not a big Gore fan this year. I had Addai last year and he was good for 100 yds and 1 td a game consistantly
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby buckeye319 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:12 pm

Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:

I have

Good Luck!

Really??? I have it in that order, Addai, Westbrook, Jackson, then Barber, I am not a big Gore fan this year. I had Addai last year and he was good for 100 yds and 1 td a game consistantly

I had Addai last year too and obviously he was very good for us. I generally agree with that order, but the first two are probably interchangeable. I give the slight edge to Addai because he's a bit younger and Westbrook has an injury history. At the same time, Westbrook pretty much the main (if not sole) option in Philly. You could also argue the Colts passing game frees things up for Addai, too.

In any case, I agree with that order - you should be good either way. I'm very wary of Jackson because of the holdout, though he's a high risk-high reward player.

Don't be surprised if some guy takes Brady either at 2 or 3, which would shake things up for you.
buckeye319

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:56 pm

buckeye319 wrote:
Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:

I have

Good Luck!

I had Addai last year too and obviously he was very good for us. I generally agree with that order, but the first two are probably interchangeable. I give the slight edge to Addai because he's a bit younger and Westbrook has an injury history. At the same time, Westbrook pretty much the main (if not sole) option in Philly. You could also argue the Colts passing game frees things up for Addai, too.

In any case, I agree with that order - you should be good either way. I'm very wary of Jackson because of the holdout, though he's a high risk-high reward player.

Don't be surprised if some guy takes Brady either at 2 or 3, which would shake things up for you.

I think I just want Addai and I would call it a day. Brady wont go 2 I know the person drafting there, but maybe 3. In which case it will take me about 5 seconds to pick up Addai.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:16 am

Just finished a draft for a league through work. 10 teams, way too many rounds (IMO), picks not in order....

QB: Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme
RB: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Rudi Johnson, Ray Rice
WR: Andre Johnson, Jericho Cotchery, Roddy White, Bobby Engram, DeSean Jackson
TE: Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen
K: David Akers
DEF: Minn, Jacksonville
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby waborat » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 am

Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:

I have

Good Luck!

Actually, he had a tremendous first 1/3 of a season and then looked like he hit a wall in Indy...his stats for the final 7 fantasy weeks (weeks 9-15) were not real good at all (although he had a great game against BAL in week 13, but it was the only time he scored in December)

Yards were as follows: 56/72/44/67/32/44/26
TDs were as follows: 0/1/1/0/3/0/1

Another interesting stat is that he only scored 5 TDs in the RCA Dome (???)

Dungy has already said this preseason that he doesn't want to give JA as many touches to keep him fresh late into the season this year....let's not forget that they picked back up Rhodes and that he could take 10-12 carries a game away from him easily

As far as Gore goes, I barely put him ahead of Addai for this season because of Martz...he's already been quoted as saying that Gore will be used like MFaulk in his prime...that means a lot of touches (in a PPR league I would definately rate him ahead)...I have to believe that Martz wants to get his "offensive guru" reputation back up after the Detroit debacle....SF has also added 6 new linemen to help the matter

Let's also take into account that IND plays the 31st hardest schedule this season against a lot of stingy defenses

Call it a hunch on my part only because it looks like Gore will BE who the entire offense goes through in SF (ala Westbrook)

Unfortunately, there's no way that I can list JA ahead of Westbrook or SJax...those guys might put up better #'s than even Peterson this year?

Good luck on your draft!!!
waborat

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:Just finished a draft for a league through work. 10 teams, way too many rounds (IMO), picks not in order....

RB: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Rudi Johnson, Ray Rice

Pretty solid draft, though im not sold on Vernon Davis. Roddy White is a great pick up. With Kevin Curtis out, I bet Desean Jackson is #2 receiver now. Nice picks!
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby paddio » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:58 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:Just finished a draft for a league through work. 10 teams, way too many rounds (IMO), picks not in order....

Looks very solid. I love your RB's! I am also a big fan of Andre Johnson and think he is going to have a real good season.
paddio

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 am

I'm not sold on Vernon Davis either, I actually picked that one against my better judgment. But he was slipping, I waited until almost everyone else had taken a tight end, and I said what the hell. Hopefully with a change of QB out there he'll get more looks, there's no question about his physical talents. We'll see.
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:23 pm

I like Davis, it's just that he's had the awful Alex Smith throwing him the ball. If they can get a QB to step up there, Davis could be pretty good.

You're stacked at RB it seems. Ray Rice could be a nice late round pick up.

I like your WRs as well (really like Cotchery), but I think you're bench is a bit thin - I'm pretty sure Bobby Engram is hurt and DeSean is young, though some do think he could have a big impact.

Tough to say how DA will look this year, esp. with the concussion.
buckeye319

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah, I'm banking alot on DeSean Jackson. I really, REALLY think he'll impress this year.
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby pup » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:14 am

16 team league. 100 yards for RB/Rec or no points. 300 for QBs. TD's go 6,9 and 12 depending on length. Double points for RB catching/throwing TDs, QB's rushing/recieveing TDs, WR running/throwing TDs. Special team TD's count for individual player.

QB - Jon Kitna, JT O'Sullivan

RB - LT and a pile of stink I hope one of to pan out (Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, LaMont Jordan, Chris Johnson, Cadillac)

WR - Roy Williams, Plaxico Burress, Ted Ginn, Kevin Walter

TE - K2

K - Rob Baronas

D- Eagles
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Team number 2... 10 team league, no PPR and normal rules.

1. (4) Joseph Addai
2. (17) Larry Johnson
3. (24) Andre Johnson
4. (37) Michael Turner
5. (44) Anquan Boldin
6. (57) Thomas Jones
7. (64) Derek Anderson
8. (77) Jeremy Shockey
9. (84) Jerricho Cotchery
10. (97) Bernard Berrian
11. (104) Chester Taylor
12. (117) Kurt Warner
13. (124) Kevin Smith
14. (137) Seattle
15. (144) Josh Scobee

1. My analysis... I hate my draft.. I think i f'ed it up.
2. Took LJ instead of TO cause I wanted two solid RB's.
3. Took Michael Turner waaaaaaaay to early... cant figure out why I did... I feel like an idiot
4. Hoping I can package two RB's for another stud WR...

you thoughts??? be gentle... got one more draft this week hopefully I can make up for this one. I have the 2nd pick
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Doc » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:09 am

$30 Yahoo league, picking #3...(2QB, 2RB, 2 WR, TE, flex RB/WR, flex WR/TE, DEF, K)

QB - Warner, Roethlisberger, Russell
RB - Peterson, Larry Johnson, Maroney, R Williams, R Johnson, C Johnson
WR - Braylon, Roy Williams, Chambers, Crayton
TE - Clark, Scheffler
Def - SEA
K - Gostkowski

Good team, except my D/K/TE all are week 4 byes.

Point per reception, looking good. I think this will score money.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby buckeye319 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28 am

Ziner wrote:Team number 2... 10 team league, no PPR and normal rules.

1. (4) Joseph Addai
2. (17) Larry Johnson
3. (24) Andre Johnson
4. (37) Michael Turner
5. (44) Anquan Boldin
6. (57) Thomas Jones
7. (64) Derek Anderson
8. (77) Jeremy Shockey
9. (84) Jerricho Cotchery
10. (97) Bernard Berrian
11. (104) Chester Taylor
12. (117) Kurt Warner
13. (124) Kevin Smith
14. (137) Seattle
15. (144) Josh Scobee

1. My analysis... I hate my draft.. I think i f'ed it up.
2. Took LJ instead of TO cause I wanted two solid RB's.
3. Took Michael Turner waaaaaaaay to early... cant figure out why I did... I feel like an idiot
4. Hoping I can package two RB's for another stud WR...

you thoughts??? be gentle... got one more draft this week hopefully I can make up for this one. I have the 2nd pick

I don't think it's bad at all. Between Addai, LJ, Turner, and Kevin Smith you should be fine. Hell, Taylor could have a pretty solid year even with AP in front of him. And though he plays for a garbage team, Turner is very talented and could put great numbers as #3 RB. I would've taken LJ over TO too (I'm interested to see how LJ comes back from last year, could be a steal).

I think you could've done a lot worse at WR than Johnson, Boldin, and Cotchery (who I think will have a really good year). I don't know enough about Berrian to comment.

I'm concerned about DA between the concussion and his nerves. Warner will probably be a pretty good backup though, since he's throwing to Boldin and Fitz.
buckeye319

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:43 am

16 team league ...

QB - Drew Brees, Trent Edwards, Brady Quinn

RB - Lendale White, Chris Perry, Andre Hall, Ahmad Bradshaw, Tim Hightower, Kenny Watson

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Robert Meachem

TE - Chris Cooley

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 am

Swerb wrote:16 team league ...

RB - Lendale White, Chris Perry, Andre Hall, Ahmad Bradshaw, Tim Hightower, Kenny Watson

TE - Chris Cooley

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints

Very interesting Swerb...what # was your draft position? My draft is this week in a 12 team/PPR league and I'm looking very strongly at Brees (early - I have him ranked #1 in PPR leagues) and Meachem (late)...I have the 12 & 13 picks and am looking at the best RB on the board along with Brees (slightly ahead of Wayne & TO)...the guys I play with will definately have Brady & probably Romo & Manning off the board by the time I pick....I don't like taking a QB this early, but I don't like any of them after Brees (too many questions with all)...I'm hoping for Portis, Gore, LJ or Lynch to still be on the board by 12th

Good luck with your RB's!!!!
waborat

Unread postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 am

Same league and conference as Swerb

Manning Garrard
Maroney McFadden Deuce K Jones L Jordan
L Evans Chambers Galloway Hackett Sweed
H Miller
S Graham
TB D

Unread postby jjgmyers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:54 am

16 team league ...

TE - Chris Cooley

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints

HORRIBLE

Manning Garrard
H Miller
S Graham
TB D

Even worse
jjgmyers
I Heart Fat Chicks

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:59 am

waborat wrote:
Swerb wrote:16 team league ...

TE - Chris Cooley

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints

Very interesting Swerb...what # was your draft position? My draft is this week in a 12 team/PPR league and I'm looking very strongly at Brees (early - I have him ranked #1 in PPR leagues) and Meachem (late)...I have the 12 & 13 picks and am looking at the best RB on the board along with Brees (slightly ahead of Wayne & TO)...the guys I play with will definately have Brady & probably Romo & Manning off the board by the time I pick....I don't like taking a QB this early, but I don't like any of them after Brees (too many questions with all)...I'm hoping for Portis, Gore, LJ or Lynch to still be on the board by 12th

Good luck with your RB's!!!!

Took Brees #13. He's going to lose his mind this year. And I agree, after Brady/Manning/Brees ... there's a big drop off in my mind. Big question marks with Romo (no 2nd WR), Palmer (Chad Johnson, that pic of him eating the hot dog), and all the other cats behind that trio.

Saints schedule is also a cakewalk. They're gonna be a in a lot of shootouts. That's why I took their D. Not a great D, but they're good in the dome, and teams are gonna be throwing on em a lot. Sleeper D this season. Lastly, QB points are worth more in our league than they are in other leagues.

Came back and took Larry Fitz at #20. Really like him as well this season. Couldn't believe Calvin Johnson was there in the 3rd. Just presented so much more value than the backs available there. Lendale White, I like. He'll only get 18-20 carries a game, but I like him to score DD TD's this season. I also feel Chris Perry will be the everydown back for the Bengals all season. Hopefully I can hit on one of the other backs. Love Bradshaw. Hall ... who knows in Denver, he's sharing carries with Young right now. Hightower seems to be entrenched as the red zone back in Zona, and Edge is old, fading, and I guy I doubt will play more than 12 games. Watson is the insurance to Perry once Cincy cuts Rudi J.

If I can get two decent backs out of that, I am going to have a really good team. 16 team league.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 am

jjgmyers wrote:
16 team league ...

TE - Chris Cooley

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints

HORRIBLE

Manning Garrard
H Miller
S Graham
TB D

Even worse

It's a 16 team league, not everyone's gonna have 2 stud RB's and WR's

Here's my 2nd team, ESPN standard prize league.

Addai
M. Jones-Drew
Braylon
Roethlisberger
Michael Turner
Antonio Gates (round 6!)
Dwayne Bowe
D'Angelo Williams
Nate Burleson
Eli
K. Curtis
Reggie Brown
Steelers D
Robbie Gould
then i left and comp autopicked Delhomme

little weak in WR but got 3 stud RB's so should more than make up for it
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:44 am

Rebel - Myers is in that league as well and is busting their balls.

Notice he didn't list his team though :P :-P :razz:

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 am

Pup wrote:Rebel - Myers is in that league as well and is busting their balls.

Notice he didn't list his team though :P :-P :razz:

Ahhh, than disregard my post and let the ball-busting commence.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby buckeye319 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Swerb, unless you think you'll really need 3 QBs, I think I'd drop Quinn or Edwards and pick up another WR or RB.

Pup - those rules in your league are the toughest I've ever seen.
buckeye319

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 pm

buckeye319 wrote:Swerb, unless you think you'll really need 3 QBs, I think I'd drop Quinn or Edwards and pick up another WR or RB.

Pup - those rules in your league are the toughest I've ever seen.

Gotta cut one. Quinn was my 15th rd pick and will be cut.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby docstank » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:34 pm

MOSS and Romo vs. Manning and Wayne

Please weigh in to help a debate between me and my brother.
docstank

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:56 pm

docstank wrote:MOSS and Romo vs. Manning and Wayne

Manning's coming off injury and on the decline (check the stats last year, I believe he had more than half of his games with 1 or 0 TD's) + it's better if both star players aren't on the same team so if one has a bad game they both don't. I'd take Moss and Romo.

ESPN draft I did yesterday

Derek Anderson
Westbrook
McGahee
Turner
Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Heap
Steelers D
Dawson
Roddy White
Santana Moss
DeAngelo Williams
Jerious Norwood
Jake Delhomme
Owen Daniels
Ronald Curry
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

Moss Romo and I dont even think it is close
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Derek Anderson
Westbrook
McGahee
Turner
Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Heap
Steelers D
Dawson
Roddy White
Santana Moss
DeAngelo Williams
Jerious Norwood
Jake Delhomme
Owen Daniels
Ronald Curry

Very solid team. RB2 is a little shaky with McGahee hurt and Turner playing the ATL. But I like the WR's and it looks liek a really balanced team. Did you get Fitz in the 2nd?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm

3rd and final team. 12 team league no PPR Had the 2nd pick. I Feel like this was my most complete draft of the 3. I dont think I made any mistakes and was happy with the way it unfolded. Thought there was great value with Smith in the 4th especially with Chambers and Burleson to back him up the first 2 weeks. Shakiest pick was maybe Selvin Young but the only starting RB's still on the board were Forte and Kevin Smith. QB's went real early in this draft Roethlisberger went 3rd pick 3rd round and I just sat back waited until 11 were drafted and waited about 3 more rounds and snapped up 10th Schaub and 11th Delhomme who I dont think were much worse than Cutler and Eli Manning taken in the 5th. Of course I had to handcuff AP and then took chances with Chris Johnson and Chris Perry... hope they trade Rudi Johnson! thoughts? opinions?

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Jamal Lewis
4. Steve Smith
5. Kellen Winslow
6. Chris Chambers
7. Selvin Young
8. Chester Taylor
9. Nate Burleson
10. Matt Schaub
11. Jake Delhomme
12. Chris Johnson
13. Chris Perry
14. Tampa Bay
15. Neil Rackers
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby buckeye319 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 am

Ziner wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Derek Anderson
Westbrook
McGahee
Turner
Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Heap
Steelers D
Dawson
Roddy White
Santana Moss
DeAngelo Williams
Jerious Norwood
Jake Delhomme
Owen Daniels
Ronald Curry

Very solid team. RB2 is a little shaky with McGahee hurt and Turner playing the ATL. But I like the WR's and it looks liek a really balanced team. Did you get Fitz in the 2nd?

Yeah like your team too rebel. I'm just very concerned about DA - he scares the sh*t out of me. Agree with both Ziner's points too.

Ziner, your last draft was very solid. As much as Denver backs scare me, Selvin Young could do some serious damage. It's just knowing when to play him. Way to back up AP too.

My only concern would be QB, though Schaub is still learning.
buckeye319

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 am

Never has a QB, who threw 40+ TD passes in a season, thrown 30 the following year.

Just sayin.

Personally, I like the hook up in most situations. HAving said all that, IMO, this choice is 6 in one hand, a half dozen in the other. And if you go either way, good luck with the RB situation.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:19 am

TCF League team of mine ....

QB - Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Trent Edwards

RB - Thomas Jones, Chris Perry, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Hall

WR - Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Josh Morgan

TE - Alge Crumpler

K - Stephen Gostkowski

DEF - Cowboys

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am

Swerb wrote:TCF League team of mine ....

QB - Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Trent Edwards

RB - Thomas Jones, Chris Perry, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Hall

WR - Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Josh Morgan

TE - Alge Crumpler

K - Stephen Gostkowski

DEF - Cowboys

RB is thin, but Chris Perry is a nice pickup. I got him yesterday in my draft and sounds like Cincy held out R. Johnson of the game yesterday rumors are he is going to be cut and they didnt want to pay the injury settlement if he got hurt or he is going to be traded. Brees could have a huge year too
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am

TCF- Brown:

QB - Favre, Warner, Rodgers

RB - LT, Michael Turner, Deangelo Williams, Justin Fargas, Chris Johnson, Mo Morris

WR - Wayne, Colston, Hester, Bruce

TE - K2

K - Crosby

D- Ratturds

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

TCF - Orange

Team: Don't Tase me bro!

QB: Carson Palmer, Jon Kitna

RB: Adrian Peterson, Maurice-Jones Drew, Jamal Lewis, Chester Taylor

WR: Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward, DeShean Jackson, Earnest Wilford, Isaac Bruce, James Jones, Michael Clayton

TE: Tony Gonzalez

D: Colts

K: Josh Scobee

dominant RB's but WR's went super early in our draft so I had to take a bunch later, 1 or 2 should pan out

and as to the other question I did take Fitz 2nd, McGahee 3rd (regrettable but he should be healthy for the opener and hopefully motivated to keep his job) McGahee went in the 6th round in TCF Orange draft
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Next

Return to The Fantasy Forum