Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Bob Golic's Sports Bar

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Bob Golic's Sports Bar

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 am

So I was crusing W 6th Tuesday afternoon and saw the construction of Bob Golic's sports bar. Any buzz on this place? It looked pretty nice from the outside, and is in a prime location.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:28 am

Haven't heard a thing about it yet.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am

Hard enough for those places to work with a prominent, active athlete. I think everyone owns a bar and dies at least once in their life.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Will Dustin Diamond bar tend?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:27 pm

This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby General » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:02 am

Yet another Saint Joe's alum slipping into the bar owner malaise. Do they have a course of study there on that? :lol:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 am

General wrote:Yet another Saint Joe's alum slipping into the bar owner malaise. Do they have a course of study there on that? :lol:

No, that would imply curriculum actually exists.
jb

Golic Bar

Unread postby rawbawjaw » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Sans Screech - this place is going to be GREAT. I can't wait to have a sports bar on W. 6th to watch the game after tailgaiting, not to mention after the game. I read an article on Crain's and it sounds like they are going to have pretty good food too. This place is a sure homerun, er... touchdown!
rawbawjaw

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 am

At least Golic's bar can't be worse than his radio show.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby pup » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:18 am

buckeye319 wrote:At least Golic's bar can't be worse than his radio show.

Right church wrong pew.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby comish » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:49 am

JB wrote:
General wrote:Yet another Saint Joe's alum slipping into the bar owner malaise. Do they have a course of study there on that? :lol:

JB must be a Euclid alum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hail Red and Blue 8) :cool: 8-)
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby jb » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 am

comish wrote:
JB wrote:
General wrote:Yet another Saint Joe's alum slipping into the bar owner malaise.  Do they have a course of study there on that? :lol:

JB must be a Euclid alum :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nope. I took the 28 bus and the Windemere rapid for what seemed like 6 hours to W 30th & Lorain.

Joes was a great school. I'm just funnin'.
jb

Unread postby General » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 pm

They couldn't play baseball for shit. :lol: Euclid Class of '79 here. Comish are you David I.?
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Probably needs another wife. The one he picked while he was married up at the volleyball joint he owned years back is probably past her expiration date.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:27 pm

JB wrote:
comish wrote:
JB wrote:
General wrote:Yet another Saint Joe's alum slipping into the bar owner malaise.  Do they have a course of study there on that? :lol:

Nope. I took the 28 bus and the Windemere rapid for what seemed like 6 hours to W 30th & Lorain.

There a public school there, or are you saying you went to Ignatius JB?

If so you lil fucker you.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:50 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:
comish wrote:
JB wrote:

There a public school there, or are you saying you went to Ignatius JB?

If so you lil fucker you.

Wildcat prep all the way sucka.
jb

Unread postby comish » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm

"Oh my gooddness, oh my gracious, we're the boys from Saint Ignatius, we don't smoke, we don't drink, all we do is THINK THINK THINK!"

LOL...all in good fun JB :lol:

Back in the Treg Lee days we held a pep rally before a B-Ball game against Iggy. It was a mock academic decathelon...Treg was so stupid he couldn't even read his cue cards right and F'D up the whole skit :cry :cry:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 pm

comish wrote:"Oh my gooddness, oh my gracious, we're the boys from Saint Ignatius, we don't smoke, we don't drink, all we do is THINK THINK THINK!"

Back in the Treg Lee days we held a pep rally before a B-Ball game against Iggy. It was a mock academic decathelon...Treg was so stupid he couldn't even read his cue cards right and F'D up the whole skit :cry :cry:

Yeah, that's me. Never touch the stuff.

I hear Treg is OK now and coaching some kids near Pukelit. I'm happy for him. Nice kid who liked weed.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:14 am

JB wrote:
comish wrote:"Oh my gooddness, oh my gracious, we're the boys from Saint Ignatius, we don't smoke, we don't drink, all we do is THINK THINK THINK!"

I hear Treg is OK now and coaching some kids near Pukelit. I'm happy for him. Nice kid who liked weed.

You mean he is not at OSU anymore?

Being and Ed's man I must say it is very disheartening to find out JB is a fag from Iggy.

LOL at least I can take solace in the fact Iggy sucked at sports, virtually all of them except hoops, when he was there. Hell they still aren't all that good at sports except their historical run in football.

Meanwhile Ed's is like the Forum and Boston Garden all wrapped into one with all those banners.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:27 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

Being and Ed's man I must say it is very disheartening to find out JB is a fag from Iggy.

LOL at least I can take solace in the fact Iggy sucked at sports, virtually all of them except hoops, when he was there. Hell they still aren't all that good at sports except their historical run in football.

Meanwhile Ed's is like the Forum and Boston Garden all wrapped into one with all those banners.

If by "all those banners" you mean all the Mothers' and Girlfriend's sports attended by 6 or 8 fans, then yeah.

When it comes to what Ohio cares about?

We have 9. All of them won on the field. I put even money at # 10 this year. We are loaded.

You have none. You do have coaches who get fired for melting down on the team bus.... allegedly. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Other than that, not everyone can get into Ignatius, so I understand the bitterness. I don't begrudge you for that. If you need a side job washing cars or something, just ask and I'll be happy to help. Men for Others, you know.

PS - Phil Doanhue and Tom Couseneau went to Ed's. So what now?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:42 pm

JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

If by "all those banners" you mean all the Mothers' and Girlfriend's sports attended by 6 or 8 fans, then yeah.

We have 9. All of them won on the field. I put even money at # 10 this year. We are loaded.

You have none. You do have coaches who get fired for melting down on the team bus.... allegedly. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Other than that, not everyone can get into Ignatius, so I understand the bitterness. I don't begrudge you for that. If you need a side job washing cars or something, just ask and I'll be happy to help. Men for Others, you know.

Being an impartial party to this friendly dispute, I always saw Eds as the Brown to Ignatius's Harvard.

Just my opinion. Nice school and all. If you didn't get into Iggy's.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:35 am

JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

Oh I'll concede the football to you, foolish not to. Ed's had been disappointing in that regard, big time underachievers even recently.

As far as sports in general it isn't even close, Ed's simply dominates across the board compared to Iggy.

In regards to " if you couldn't get into Iggy" not true and hasn't been since the late 80's early 90's. Iggy used to be the better "school" but those days are long gone. There is really no difference what so ever in education between the two, except IIRC you pay a lot more for it at Iggy.

How'd the baseball season work out for ya?

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

In regards to " if you couldn't get into Iggy" not true and hasn't been since the late 80's early 90's. Iggy used to be the better "school" but those days are long gone. There is really no difference what so ever in education between the two, except IIRC you pay a lot more for it at Iggy.

OK FUDU. Yer still my boi.

Imina guess no one else really wants to watch us run the Holy War dozens. Its kinda pathetic. So I'll do the classy, Ignatius thing and bow out.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb on a couple things such as....

The good people from Ed's know that we spend like P Diddy on a weekend on academic quality while you all have a very nice school.

The legacy of educational quality and tradition of the Holy Cross Bros vs The Society? C'mon. the SJ are the Yankees of catholic education. Puella canis arrideo. 'scuse me, my declentions are rusty. Mac can correct me off the cuff I believe.

And let's just go out on a limb between you and I that I might have some access to some objective info not eh'ryone might that might differ from your take that the institutions are academically identical.

Here's a hint, albeit out of date.

Kyle:Ignatius :: Gibbon Ed's

Peace out.
jb

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry