Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

American Idol

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

American Idol

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:07 pm

Ok, I admit, I have a guilty pleasure in watching this show. I originally started watching it with the wife a few years ago to have "quality" time together, but I have grown to like the show, especially where the show is at now with the semi-final round. I hate the auditions....I like when it gets down to the final 24-32 and the voting begins.

So, with that said, if anyone else is brave enough to post on the subject, who did you like last night from the girls?

I think it was clear as day the three top girls were Paris, Lisa and Katherine (the last chick)....and Yanisa or whatever her name is (the older, heavy set woman) should make the top 6. That Brenna chick has got to go, I am already annoyed with her. And, the opera chick should be a for-sure goner tonight (WHAT WAS THAT LAST NIGHT?).

Curious to see the guys tonight.....I agree with Randy, from what I have seen in the auditions, they look like a stronger group and the eventual winner is a dude.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 pm

I have honestly not seen too much of this, nor do I intend to.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Gotta admit that I'm a sucker for it as well.

I'm still pulling for the Carolina connection with Kellie Pickler...although I think the other Carolina Girl, Heather, is one that will be gone this week...although it's possible that it's the opera singer and Kinnika Sky (sp?) that'll be going...because they both sucked.

I don't think Kellie goes all the way since she's too close to Carrie Underwood to have two blonde country singers in a row...but she'll be Top 10 for certain.

I agree that Brenna has to go. Too much potential to be this year's Scott.

My guess at the top six girls now would be Paris, Kellie, Ayla Brown (the 6 1/2 foot basketball player), Lisa, Melissa, and Katherine McPhee.

For the guys, I'm with the Carolina connection there as well with Chris Daughtry looking like this year's Bo Bice. I'll make my predictions on that final 6 after I watch them tonight.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:13 pm

Who was the hot brunette, you know the twin? That girl is smoking. If she would not over do the song so much, I think she'll get into the top 6 girls.

I don't know what it is, but kellie Pickler annoys the shit out of me. Maybe it is because we have been there and done that with Carrie Underwood already (Carrie blows Kellie away anyway)....I don't know. I'm not a big fan of her at all.

I have to say the biggest surprise to me was the basketball player....girl can sing! She should make the top 6. My best guess is Opera Chick is history tonight and Heather Cox as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of these guys tonight.....especially the rocker guy (Chris?). Unless he Fs up, he and Ace should be sho-ins for the top 6.
consigliere

Unread postby One Ill J » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:25 pm

I have to fess up too, the wife and I enjoy some QT watching Idol as well. I watch it to check out the ass, I mean great singing! Female ass that is, and they need to keep the fudge packers like Clay as far away from the show as possible in the future. The 16 year old girl made all of the others look completely silly with her performance. All of the females are quite attractive, and the opera singer was a major disappointmnet. looks good, but doesn't sound well when she opens her mouth. Look out, the next coming of Bo Bice tonight, along with the 27 year old going on 50 in looks. Should be interesting...
Save America...Impeach Dubya
One Ill J

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:20 pm

Look out, the next coming of Bo Bice tonight, along with the 27 year old going on 50 in looks. Should be interesting...

Oh man, I forgot about the grey haired guy. Loved what I have seen from him so far, one of my favs. He is whack and maybe sort of crazy....but brings something fresh to the show.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:17 pm

With the ratings it gets.................we all watch it

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:20 pm

OK, the guys may be easier to predict the final 6, but harder to pinpoint exactly who is going home tomorrow night.

Fat Bobby is definitely one of them. Jesus, I sing better at karaoke after 12 beers when I'm attempting to sing Meatloaf than this guy did.

The other will be either Bucky or that crooning kid David, you simply sucked doing "Crazy Little Thing". It also might be the other teenager, Will.

Four of the final six will definitely be Chris, Elliot, Ace, and Taylor. Any of them could win it all. The other two will be from the threesome of Sway (who I think sucks), that goofy fucker Gideon, or the goofy looking kid Kevin.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:30 pm

The guys were solid tonight. Whereas the girls only really showed 3-4 talents to me, all the guys but 1-2 were better than any of the girls sans the top 3 of Paris, Lisa and Katherine.

It is a travesty that they have to ONLY take 6 guys and HAVE to take 6 girls. They should change it up and only take 4 girls and 8 guys....the guys are just THAT much stronger this year.

Chris is my fav right now. Wanted Dead or Alive was a spot on choice of a song and he nailed it. Taylor is a riot....and Ace is gonna have the females creaming their pants for him. Elliot....he sounds great, but everytime I see his mug I think of "Leprachaun" the movie. Dude looks just like that ugly mother fucker.

I'm with Mitch, Bobby "What Were Randy, Paula, and Simon Smoking" Benson is gone tomorrow. The other guy is tough....could be any of the crooner guy, Patrick, Sway or Kevin.
consigliere

Unread postby Naxos » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:02 am

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

OK, mabey I do, but I have not seen a show since the season with the cute Hawaiin girl in it.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:27 am

No big shockers yesterday...although I bet Becky O'Donoghue and the producers were wishing those hot pictures of her and her twin sister from Maxim were made public a few days earlier.

I was a little surprised that Patrick went instead of crooning David or off-key Bucky.

No big deal...neither Patrick or Becky had any chance of getting to the final 12 anyway.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:06 pm

The girls all sucked last night. Probably one of the worst Idol shows ever, it was so boring. Horrible song selections. The three worst are Brenna, Heather and Kinnik.....so 2 of those 3 are going home tonight, and the other for sure next week. The only question for me is, who is the 6th girl? The top 5 seem to be Lisa, Paris, Ayla, Katharine, and Kellie. Should come down to Melissa and Mandisa for that final spot....with Mandisa getting it.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:51 pm

I have nothing really to add to that...there isn't a damn thing you're wrong about.

Hoping Brenna goes, because she is just a female version of Scott Savol...all mouth and no talent.

Ayla really did surprise me, though. Her performance and Kellie's were the only non-suck ones.

Mandisa has the pipes, but as a male chauvanist pig, I'd like to see the eye candy that is Melissa and Katherine both join the obvious foursome you mentioned.

Hopefully the guys pick it up tonight.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:09 am

Guys were much better than the girls. Chris D is my fav right now....his take on Fuel was awesome. The top 4 appear to be Chris D, Ace, Taylor and Elliot. It will be interesting to see who gets in the final 2 spots. The crooner David is a see ya for sure tonight, and then it is a toss up to me between Bucky and Sway. Either way, Bucky, David and Sway are gone after next week.

The final 2 spots should be a battle between Will, Kevin and Gideon. Kevin probably has the best shot. For some reason, the judges and fans love him (I think he sucks). Gideon annoys me for some reason, and I thought Will's take on "Lady" last night was much better than the judges gave him credit for.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:38 pm

You had that one nailed exactly when it came to the girls, and didn't really miss on the guys either.

Unless one of the better ones like Ayla, Lisa, Ace, or Taylor really blows chunks next week, the last two girl eliminated will be Kinnik and either Melissa or Katherine, whichever of those two has the worst performance.

Bucky is dead meat next week, and it the last one axed will be whichever kid, Will or Kevin picks up the least number of votes from those 13 year olds that liked David.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:24 pm

All I have to say, is thank God Brenna is gone. That girl was excruciating to watch and listen to beyond fingernails on the chalkboard levels. She had her 15 minutes.....see ya! The best thing is, she won't get a cent off this...maybe an appearance or two on something, but nothing or real value money-wise.

Next week, I see it as a 4 dog race for the guys battling for the final two spots. Ace, Taylor, Elliot and Chris have the top 4 locked up.....so Gideon, Bucky, Will and Kevin will be fighting for their lives to get the last two spots. Gideon probably gets the nod so they have a black dude in the final 6 and some diversity.....and one of the kids Kevin or Will get in.....so see ya Bucky. The only question will be who goes between Kevin/Will.

As for the girls, I really think the top 5 is a given in Paris, Lisa, Kellie, Katharine, and Ayla. That final spot will be a battle between Mandisa and Melissa. Kinnik is a given to bit it. I think Mandisa gets in....Melissa is nice to look at from the neck down, but she has no connection with the audience.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:34 am

Well, I thought Mandisa would be on the bubble....but after that performance last night she is in the final six. Also, Katharine, Paris and Lisa are in, even though Paris and Lisa bored me to tears with their performances. I thought Katharine was the bomb last night.

Kinnik is the easy choice to go home, she'll get the lowest votes this week.....and it looks like Melissa is history. I just can't get into her. She is nice to look at from the chin down, but her voice sucks. Sounds like she shouts everything. It is possible Ayla could be in trouble tonight as her song choice stunk.....but I think she has been solid thus far and won't drop below Melissa and Kinnik. Her and Kellie would be one of the first girls to go though in the final 12.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:18 pm

See ya Kevin. He definitely goes tonight.

With Ace, Taylor (who was great last night BTW), Chris and Elliot (who was awful last night BTW) shoe-ins for the top 6.....it will come down to Gideon, Will, and Bucky for the final two spots.

With Kevin being booted, I can't see the other teen Will going. And, as much as I can't stand Gideon, he was strong enough to make it through and is the only black dude left, so he should go.

It has to be Bucky and Kevin going tonight (and Melissa and Kinnik with the girls).
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:00 pm

I agree that it'll probably be Kinnik and Melissa for the girls, but I think Kevin sticks around another week after Bobby Brady...er...Will sacharined his way through a James Taylor song. Plus Kevin still has a shitload of geeks and old bats that'll vote for him

So my guess is Bucky and Will for the guys.

Spot on with Taylor kicking butt last night. Ace? that dude creeps me out even more than that mutant Gideon.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:44 pm

Wasn't Kevin in the bottom 3 last week? So, of the 8 guys remaining, he had the least amount of votes. I just didn't see enough from him that will make him climb over 2 guys and save his ass. One thing is certain, Will or Kevin are gone.

Also, regarding Ace......does he remind anyone of Barry Gibb? I'm just waiting for him to break out in "Trajedy" or whatever its called. Guy not only looks a lot like a young Gibb, but freaking sounds like him with the falsetto crap.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:45 pm

Now that was a bit of a shock. No way would have I picked Ayla or Gideon to go home tonight.

Ayla's song wasn't that good, and Melissa's chest is much, much nicer to look at, so maybe that's it. Plus, I think America might have looked at Ayla as the rich girl that already has everything (Daddy's rich and a politician...she already has a full ride basketball scholarship, etc), and gave her the boot for that.

As far as Bucky still making it...I guess it's the country vote. I don't think that helps him in the final 12 as Kellie will now get all the hilljack votes (those that can afford a telephone and know how to dial...yeah, I'm a fucking snob...sue me).

So given that huge country block, my early guess for Final Four is Chris, Kellie, Taylor, and either Paris, Lisa, or Mandisa...depending on who doesn't fuck up when it comes to the last three.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Gideon and Ayla going home were definitely a shock. Neither was in line to win the thing, and probably would have been gone the next 2-3 weeks....but how Bucky, Kevin and Melissa got in over those two is beyond me.

The first 3 to go should be Bucky, Melissa, and Kevin. Once they cut them loose and get to the final 9 then it should start to get interesting.

A dude will win this thing. And, I am not sure people are really into Lisa and Paris. The people at work I talk to can't stand either one of them, especially Paris. I think Katharine might be the top girl and a Final 4 candidate.

In the spirit of March Madness....my final 4: Taylor, Chris, Ace and Katharine.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:55 am

Been ahwile since I chimed in on this. But, down to the final 8....how is Bucky still around? And, did Mandisa get a raw deal or waht this past week? Sure, she was the worst this past week, but other than that she has been one of the strongest in the competiton. Too bad she got screwed over because the show inexplicably decided to do country week.

Next week is a hard rock theme...hopefully that spells the end of one of the two country losers.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:22 pm

Been awhile for me also.

Interesting night.

Bucky and Ace sucked. Both should be in the bottom three.

Kellie was rather spooky tonight in a rather interestingly slutty way. I was like the judges...when I heard she was doing "Bohemian Rhapsody", I figured it was a one way ticket to the bottom three...but she really pulled it off.

Chris ruled...as usual.

Katherine was good vocally, and looks as hot as ever.

Elliot may have given his best performance.

Taylor screwed up lyrics several times and wasn't busted for it.

Paris was as freaky as Kellie, but not as good vocally. She's my guess for the third member of the Bottom 3 tomorrow.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:42 pm

Bucky finally gets whacked. THANK YOU!
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 pm

If Kellie doesn't go home this week, I don't know what to say. Easily the worst performance of the night. I think Chris, Taylor and Katherine are safe from the bottom 3....I am just torn who the other 2 bottom people are between Ace, Elliott and Paris. All three were solid....based on previous votes it would have to be Ace and Paris.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:40 am

Unreal. Sure, Ace probably deserved to go....but to not have Kellie in the Bottom 3 was absolutely ridiculous. Clearly, she has a strong following and the country vote is getting her through. I almost hope she wins so she makes a mockery of the show since a country girl won last year and Kellie is by far the worst of the performers left.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:22 pm

Why do you think Bucky lasted so long?

This will be Season 3 Redux, with Chris and Kellie in the finals, and the hicks will burn up the phone lines, putting Kellie in the winner's circle, and the producers scrambling for some rule changes for Season 5 so that Country stops dominating.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:59 am

So much for that.

I guess even the hicks couldn't deal with Kellie's continual butchering of songs any longer.

I'll admit that she was one of my favorites at the beginning, but the Jessica Simpson act grew lame, and the last few week's she's been really regressing...so good ridance.

Now if they can just get rid of that annoying Paris next week.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 am

Rejoice!

Pickler is dead! Thank God. I was a bit nervous there that they were going to say Chris and Kathy were in the bottom 2.....I wanted one of Paris or Kellie to go home, so was happy when they were the bottom 2.

I agree, Paris is next on my chopping block. Then, let the 4 of Elloit, Taylor, Chris and Kathy battle it out. I really think it should be Chris and Kathy in the finale.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 10, 2006 10:50 pm

Wow. What a travesty tonight. No reason in hell Chris should have been sent home.

Before the vote, my wife informed me of this website mentioned on the radio today where they have been accurately predicting the bottom Idols every week since the round of 24. 85% success rate....and they had Kathy and Chris in the bottom 2 tonight with Chris going home.....I said no way.

Well, way.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Yeah, huge shock to me as well.

But I also told my wife that this was probably the best thing that could happen to the kid. He's got one hell of a voice, and he's a rocker, not a pop star. 3rd runner up will allow him to get the exposure and connections he needs, but maintain enough cred to not be shunned by rock fans as a "Clay Aiken type"...just keep him the fuck away from Clive Davis and his schmaltz machine.

I honestly have no idea who will end up winning. Taylor is the most unique...while Elliot and Katherine both need to be headlining on Broadway.

Just thank God there is no Fantasia in this group.

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 11, 2006 10:34 am

It's gonna be Taylor.

He is the only one who has yet to be in the bottom 2/3 in any week.
consigliere

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture