Text Size

The 19th Hole

What are your goals?

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

What are your goals?

Unread postby Stu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:13 am

I was thinking yesterday that I wanted some competition for golf. Since getting out of high school, I haven't played any competitive golf and I miss the thrill.

I was looking around for local tournaments, and didn't see anything that was too interesting.

I am however considering making a run at the US Amateur Public Links qualifying. I know I probably won't make it through the first qualifying round, and I will need to shave 4-5 strokes off my handicap, but this gives me something to shoot for.

Do you guys have any goals? Or are you more of the type to just enjoy a round no matter the score?

Maybe if this site grows enough, we could get some sort of Cleveland area competitive league going.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:05 pm

My goal is to be a very good to great ball striker (which will inherently better my score) then I can live and die with what ever scores I get.

I want to be able to get to a point in my game where it is only mental focus that restricts me not anything physical or fundamental about my swing.

Time is my biggest enemy right now, I simply don't have it and you need it to work on your game.

My golf pro has told me time and time again with my size and consistent tempo (with good natural club speed) I have the potential to be scratch golfer, but it hasn't come to fruition yet b/c of my lack of time to work out the little things wrong with my inconsistent ball striking.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to The 19th Hole