Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Possibility of a 2009-2010 NHL Exhibition Game in Cleveland

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Possibility of a 2009-2010 NHL Exhibition Game in Cleveland

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:45 pm

I was listening to Munch on the drive home Wednesday and the GM from the Monsters was on the show promoting the upcoming season. At the end of the interview, the GM said they were working on getting an exhibition game in Cleveland involving the Colorado Avalanche and another NHL team. The goal was getting the game in before the start of this season but it couldnt be done. Now they are focusing on achieving this for next year.

Sorry, there are no links to the interview and the podcast isnt up on the KNR site yet but I wanted to pass it along for those who are interested. I would definitely be there to check that out, even if I am not a Monsters fan.
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I remember some 10 years ago or something, when the Lumberjacks were still here Detroit played Philadelphia or something as part of an exhibition doubleheader. From what I remember, Federov and Yzerman didn't play, and there were some people upset about paying the $20 or whatever to see both games for exhibitions where the stars didn't play.

Honestly, if Colorado were to play an exhibition here, I think their opponent would be limited to Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Columbus. I don't think Crosby and Malkin would play, probably not Datsyuk either, depending on when the game was played.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to The Neutral Zone