Text Size

No Holds Barred

Sheldon Ocker actually makes a funny

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Sheldon Ocker actually makes a funny

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:34 am

I usually find Ocker's mailbag column to be unfunny at best, and insulting at worst, but this exchange was pretty damn amusing

Sheldon:

Your column on scheduling was informative until you got into the global warming issue and the failure of government to fix the problem. If you're going to get into this issue, let's hear your solution.

Is it to stop burning fossil fuels, stop eating livestock or cancel subscriptions to the Beacon Journal and save trees? By the way, what is causing Mars to heat up? Stick to writing about the Indians.

Edward Sivy

Marlboro Township

Dear Edward:

If I had a solution, do you think I'd waste my time responding to your e-mail? And since when is it irresponsible to discuss a problem without having all the answers?

S.O.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:09 pm

what global warming??

the east coast of america is 50 metres beneath snow and being barraged by storms in April
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:38 pm

"The planet has a fever."
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 am

Since when should you go in depth into the problem and even discussing "solutions" when you know that there's nothing you can do about it.

The root of the problem is us thinking we have more of an impact than we really do. I'm sure the increased output of the sun has nothing to do with it, especially since it correlates to heat increases far better than CO2 increases do. Fact is that all the data suggests that CO2 increases after a warming occurs. That appears to be what happened during the Medieval Warm Period, a time hotter than the present when Europe began to enter a Renaissance.

Doesn't mean that we shouldn't be conscious of what we're doing, but we needn't panic outright either - especially when every legit scientist says that mankind is incapable of reversing any warming trend.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to No Holds Barred