Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Aeros games

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Aeros games

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Man, I forgot what a great scene it is around Canal Park and how much fun.

Pre-gamed at 69 taps, post gamed at Barley house.

Anyone else hit AA games? Lot's of future talent there this season.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Aeros games

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:56 am

JB wrote:Man, I forgot what a great scene it is around Canal Park and how much fun.

Interesting you bring up the Barley House, it was just featured on Fox 8 News as the place in Akron to eat last night but it gave very few details. What's the food and atmosphere of the place because I would be interested in checking it out.
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:39 pm

jack_tors wrote:
JB wrote:Man, I forgot what a great scene it is around Canal Park and how much fun.

Interesting you bring up the Barley House, it was just featured on Fox 8 News as the place in Akron to eat last night but it gave very few details. What's the food and atmosphere of the place because I would be interested in checking it out.

Place is HUGE. mammouth. Great for before & after games. Somewhat meat-markety at some times & nights.
jb

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:46 am

JB wrote:
jack_tors wrote:

Place is HUGE. mammouth. Great for before & after games. Somewhat meat-markety at some times & nights.

It is a meat-market, and kind of a lame college scene if you ask me - but I grew up in Akron and went to school there so I'm a little jaded. I think Akron's bar scene is pretty weak, but as far as that goes, Barley House is about as good as you'll find. I'd think it would be a nice spot before a game though.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby jb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:28 am

buckeye319 wrote:
JB wrote:
jack_tors wrote:

It is a meat-market, and kind of a lame college scene if you ask me - but I grew up in Akron and went to school there so I'm a little jaded. I think Akron's bar scene is pretty weak, but as far as that goes, Barley House is about as good as you'll find. I'd think it would be a nice spot before a game though.

Concur overall. I just like the pre/post-game scene. Different crowd.
jb

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:59 pm

The Barley House is awesome. Great food. They can be high on drinks, especially seasonal beers. They used to do $4.50 or half price appetizers during happy hour, but I'm not sure they do that anymore. They have a summer concert series going on with a big Blessid Union of Souls show on the 27th. I would go, but, well, it's Blessid Union of Souls.

The girlfriend and I go at least once every two weeks during the school year.

I haven't gone on Sunday yet, but given that they label all the TVs with the game that will be on that TV, they have to do really well.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:59 pm

They have a summer concert series going on with a big Blessid Union of Souls show on the 27th. I would go, but, well, it's Blessid Union of Souls.

Outstanding?
jb

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:49 pm

JB wrote:
They have a summer concert series going on with a big Blessid Union of Souls show on the 27th. I would go, but, well, it's Blessid Union of Souls.

Outstanding?

Well, if that doesn't fit your tastes, you can contract syphillis from coming in contact with Bret Michaels at the Barley House after party for him following his concert at Blossom.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
JB wrote:

Outstanding?

Well, if that doesn't fit your tastes, you can contract syphillis from coming in contact with Bret Michaels at the Barley House after party for him following his concert at Blossom.

My bad.

That " ? " was to be a" ! " instead , giving you mad props for a killer snarkey take.

The simple fact that my typo error elicited another gem of snark definately makes up for the minor misunderstanding, however.

Keep it coming.
jb

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry