Text Size

The Rumble Room

James "The Sandman" Irvin

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

James "The Sandman" Irvin

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:20 am

This guy's style is awesome
He has a legit chance to beat Anderson Silva
I have gotten to know him a little bit and he's a great dude.
He's a bad ass and will go toe to toe with The Spider.
9pm on Spike tomorrow.

Unread postby krazylegz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:36 pm

dont know too much about irvin,but i have seen silva a few times....and he looks pretty much unbeatable,but who knows??
krazylegz

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Silva is the baddest dude in the sport, no doubt about it.
Irvin is no joke, and has that puncher's chance.

Unread postby Doc » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this fight tonight, and for free no less. Probably Tivo-ing it, but I'll be checking it out tonight or tomorrow.

I'm curious how Silva will work out in the heavier weight class. By most accounts, Irvin isn't a push-over...so it should be interesting. I love Silva's game...he's just so good at everything he does. But his former weight class just doesn't have the horses to make any real interesting fights currently, IMO (and sorry, the class names are escaping me now).

If Silva beats Irvin (I expect he will) convincingly, there's gonna be Griffin, Liddell, and maybe Rampage (depending on what happens with his hit-and-run case). And probably more I'm forgetting. Basically, a lot more very good fights for IMO the best UFC fighter out there right now. And, we'll see just how good he really is if he can go toe-to-toe with the aforementioned list...plus Alexander, Bonnar, Evans, Machida, Shogun, Ortiz, etc. That's a stacked division.

The whole card looks good, and I'm curious to see Dolloway and Taylor (I think it's being shown). I really liked Taylor before he got all drunk and got kicked off. I don't care for Dolloway, but he's Dana White's golden boy. I really like Sadollah, and can't wait for him to fight some real competition. Anyways, Taylor is an animal...a great wrestler with a great take down and pound game. If he gets on top, he just beats people. I'd like to see Dolloway take him down or stay off the ground, just to see more of Taylor's game. He looks so much bigger than 185. I think he could be a force if he keeps clean and focused.

I'd like to see Sylvia/Fedor tonight, because I haven't seen much of Fedor and would like to see what the hype is about. Sylvia is boring, but pretty solid, so this is probably a good test for him. I'm guessing almost no way Sylvia wins, if Fedor is as good as advertised. Any chance of him ever making it to UFC? "Name" guys like CroCop have come over and had a rough go of it...I'd like to see Fedor come over and fight Gonzaga, Werdum, Noguiera, Mir, and Arlovski. Oh well, wishful thinking I suppose.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Fedor in the UFC?
They tried that and he wanted close to or more than 1 mil per fight.

The light heavyweight division is loaded in the UFC so there are a lot more big fights for Silva. There isn't anyone he would be an underdog against, in any weight class.

The CB/Taylor fight is the first one that will air tonight I believe. CB should win, he is a better wrestler and that's both of their style.
I don't like him so I hope Jesse beats his ass.

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:30 pm

the sandman has some severe punching skills and has the weight advantage...

who will win??

this could be the first loss in the ufc for silva...he has his work cut out for him...but silva is THE best puond for pound fighter...we will see how bad ass he is...this is his biggest test to date

i cant decide who to call...but i would say the sandman just cause of the weight advantage
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:52 pm

My heart says Irvin
My head says Silva
Should be entertaining

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:15 pm

FightDr wrote:My heart says Irvin
My head says Silva
Should be entertaining

no doubt...i would love to see irvin win, and am pushing for someone to beat silva but silva is amazing in every facet of the game...not sure whats gonna happen
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:40 pm

Unreal
Anderson Silva is a freak of nature

Unread postby RattleHead » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:44 pm

Wow! As the one announcer said, you just cannot make a mistake against Silva or you will pay for it. Would've liked to have seen a bit more though.
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:47 pm

The Spider is just too damn good.
He might be unbeatable.

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 am

silva didn't even have a good stance to strike on that but knocked him the f out...

unreal

could be the only guy that is "unbeatable"
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 am

I turned my head to sneeze and when I turned back Silva had caught a kick, delivered a straight right to the face and then added 8 more uncontested shots to the head.

That was impressive.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 am

Check out my boy's eye.

Return to The Rumble Room