Text Size

The 19th Hole

Couple New Toys

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Couple New Toys

Unread postby swerb » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:05 pm

Been window shopping all winter for a new driver and putter. Finally pulled the trigger on these two today.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby yogi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:26 am

On your new putter.... directions - hit the 3rd ball in the hole!

Lucky you Swerb, I'm lucky if I get new tees!
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:31 pm

yogi wrote:On your new putter.... directions - hit the 3rd ball in the hole!

If only it were that simple ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby DGeneral » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:50 pm

I got a 2 ball last year at a silent auction. I currently have a Rossie2 and I think Oddessy makes the best putters. I putting ok with it for a while then is misbehaved and I had to put it in the trunk.

Yours is a little different than mine. It's the one all the pros use. Mine is more like a T. The 2balls definitely help the allignment.

I think you'll like it.
DGeneral

Unread postby Guest » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Just went out in the middle of the week to get me some new toys:

Nike Slingshot OS irons, steel shafts (I hate graphite shafts on irons)...4-AW.

Suckas really play well...at least for the large bucket of balls I hit on the range yesterday. They'll take some getting used to as they're a lot heavier than my old Hogans, but they're really weighted well. Every one of them is almost a hybrid with the way they're made.

But the strange thing is that the best feeling I had on the range yesterday was swinging my new Cleveland 17 degree fairway wood, a great in between club when it's too close for my 3 wood, and I need more distance and better control than my 19 degree utility.

Hell, the only clubs I have left in my bag from last week are the Cleveland driver, Hagen 3-wood, Hogan 2h utility, sand wedge (choke) and my putter (hack-spit).

You'll have to let me know how that 2-ball putter works for you, Swerb.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm

Mitch, the two ball has been great for me. Putting on the carpet. :lol:

Seriously though, I love the way it feels. Really looking forward to getting it on an actual real putting surface.

And I know a couple people who bought the Slingshots last year ... and LOVED em. I too like heavy, steel shafted irons, which my Hogans are.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby yogi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:58 am

Mitch, you hit that hybrid in your bag last year very well. Didn't it equate to a 2 wood?

It really sucks I'll miss our T-Time this year. Please give me a mulligan and I promise to make it next year.

Maybe we can look at the Browns schedule and try to make a game!
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 pm

Yeah, Yogi, I still have that Hogan steel shafted 2h hybrid in the bag (2 iron, not 2 wood)...hell, not only is it still the best club I have for being 180 yards+ out, it's been a lifesaver this spring on the hard greens/fairways in NC, as there is nothing in my bag that is better from 10 - 30 feet off the green. Can't get a wedge under the ball, and it's too narly for a putter, so I pull a Todd Hamilton (from the British Open) and use that sucka all the time off the green.

Sorry I won't see you around this year on the course...especially if Swerb's able to make the connections that put us on Firestone. Even if not, the backup course is unbelievable.

Unread postby jdrake10 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 pm

I just got my steel Callaway 2006 Big Bertha Irons from UPS today. The prices are falling a little on them so I got a great deal I think, $430 on Ebay. I hit the Nike SlingShots once also but they were a little more money. I got a Nike Sasquatch driver (last year's model) for $200 at Windmill Lakes pro shop. I think that is the standard price anywhere. If only my game was as good as my equipment.
jdrake10

Return to The 19th Hole