Text Size

College Sports Arena

buckeyes in driver's seat!

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

buckeyes in driver's seat!

Unread postby yargs7 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:21 pm

With a HUGE win at Michigan St and a home victory against the Team up North, the Buckeyes are in position to win the Big Ten regular season title. Illinois helped the Bucks out by beating Iowa today, putting OSU alone atop the conference. Only a roadie to Northwestern and a home game vs. Purdue stand between them and the title.

Thad Matta has to be the Big Ten coach of the Year!

GO Bucks!
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 am

No excuse to lose either of these remaining two games. I believe both teams are the worst teams in the conference....or at least 2 of the worst 3.

An outright Big Ten Championship would be a nice accomplishment. I like the setup of this team for the tourney.....they are starting to win even without hitting the 3....if they start knocking those 3s down again come tourney time, they could make a long run.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby furls » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:16 pm

At the risk of counting my chickens before they hatch:

I personally see the Bucks finishing the year 5-1 (4-2 or 6-0) would not shock me. The game that concerns me is that MSU game, but I would not be shocked if they dropped another along the way. I think 5-1 with should win the Bucks the Big 10 and garner them a number one seed for the Big Ten tournament. From there I think 2-1 is not unreasonable nor unlikely. That would make the Bucks 25-5 coming out of one of the best conferences in the NCAA and that should guarentee them a 2 or 3 seed.

It hurts being that good. Although, as long as they finish like I stated there... they should have get a 2 seed as they are really beginning to attract the attention of the national media. What is awesome about this team is just the sheer number of scorers on it. Also, since OSU has this rep as a 3 point team, their defense is largely overlooked. Most people dont realize how solid Foster and Butler in particular are on defense. That and Dials is everything Z is not: Strong and Physical. Now if we could just get him to stop picking up ticky tacky fouls at the arc.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:07 pm

This game at Northwestern scares me Wedns. Wildcats basically need a win to get a NIT berth and played the Buckeyes reasonably well earlier in the year at The Schott.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to College Sports Arena