Text Size

The Rumble Room

Anyone see the Pac Man-Diaz fight last night?

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Anyone see the Pac Man-Diaz fight last night?

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 am

Got home late, couldn't justify the $50 spot to watch Pac Man brutalize David Diaz.

From what I read, sounds like he really kicked his ass. Won all 9 rounds on the judges cards, bloodied him up pretty bad, then TKO's him in the 9th.

Pac Man says he felt great at 135, and he's not going back down. Talk potentially of him moving up to 140 to fight Hatton, which I would love to see. Hatton's got a mandatory with Malignaggi he's have to get out of though.

More likely is Edwin Valero in November for Pac Man though.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 am

I didn't see it but read the same things.
I'm going to try and find it online later today.
Pac-man would destroy Hatton in my eyes, it would be an exciting fight though.

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:47 am

Pac-man would destroy Hatton in my eyes, it would be an exciting fight though.

I agree. I'd definitely pay to see that one though.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:23 am

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 pm

WOW

Pac Man is amazing. After seeing that, the win over an incredibly tough (and top 5-6 lb for lb in his own right) Juan Manuel Marquez, I don't think there's any doubt right now.

Pac Man is the top pound for pound fighter in boxing with Mayweather "in retirement".

That was just a systematic destruction of one of the better lightweights in boxing. The Ring Magazine #2 lightweight behind Casmayor and Campbell. A guy that beat Erik Morales and Santa Cruz back to back last year. And it was Mannys 1st fight at that weight, and Diaz was a lot bigger than him. He made Diaz look like a nobody.

Gained some respect for Diaz though. Dude took a beating. Wouldn't give in, kept coming. His face was opened up in about six spots. His once white shorts were completely red with his own blood. Classic line by the commentator as he came out for the ninth.

"They have about as much chance of keeping that cut closed as I do of holding back Niagara Falls by myself."

Manny was just so quick, so fluid. Everything crisp. Landed many of those signature Pac Man uppercuts. Looked great as a lightweight. He's gonna tear through that division. The champs (Casamayor and Campbell) are both graybeards that have seen their better days.

The real intriguing potential fights are Amir Khan (would be down the road) or maybe Hatton at 140.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:52 pm

He's at the peak of the game right now, no doubt about it.
If anyone has seen Amir Khan, you know that fight wouldn't be close, Manny would kill him. Khan to me isn't really that good.
His competition has been very weak.
I'd love to see him and Hatton throw down.

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

I was in Chicago for both my cousins' co-graduation party. And I'm Filipino. So there was like... 100 Filipinos there.

Anyway, my cousins' dad has a projector in the basement, so me and 50 of my relatives were sitting and watching. It was amazing.

The funny thing is my cousin's boyfriend is white, so there were some white people at the party too, and they came down to watch with us, but they said they were more mesmerized by the amount of people gathering for such an event and cheering. Haha, he was just amazed.

Anyway, what a fight. A total beating. But I give alot of credit to Diaz, what a warrior.

Anyone else notice that Diaz sounds exactly like John Leguizamo? I thought it was cool.

P.S. -- Diaz is from Chicago, and I was in Chicago, what a coincidence. Not really.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Rusty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 am

Does anyone know if HBO plans to show the fight this weekend? The link above is no longer working and I haven't had any luck finding it on youtube.

I did happen catch his rematches vs. Morales and Barrera on HBO last friday night, and Manny looked unstoppable. Both of those fights were still extremely entertaining the second time around.

Manny is a great champion.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:10 am

I don't know if they'll replay it Saturday or not.
Klitschko fights next Saturday afternoon but I couldn't find anything about the replay.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby Rusty » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:01 am

FightDr wrote:I don't know if they'll replay it Saturday or not.
Klitschko fights Saturday afternoon but I couldn't find anything about the replay.

I just saw that the Pac/Diaz fight will air on HBO tonight, Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to finally watching it.

The Vlad fight actually takes place a week from Saturday, on the 12th. Not so much looking forward to that one.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:31 am

I just watched this fight again.
David Diaz was tailor made for Manny
No speed, defense, or power.

I would much rather see him fight Juan Manuel Marquez again.
Hatton would be a bloody mess against Manny.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am

FightDr wrote:I just watched this fight again.
David Diaz was tailor made for Manny
No speed, defense, or power.

I would much rather see him fight Juan Manuel Marquez again.
Hatton would be a bloody mess against Manny.

Yeah, I watched it again too. I think Pac Man will fight Hatton first. More money. Another belt in another division, furthering his legacy.

Then #3 with Juan Manuel, who easily could have won each of the first two scraps with Manny.

Way I see it, those are the only two fights out there for him with any sex appeal.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:59 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Hatton get his ass beat again and turned into a mess by Manny. I'll admit it.
Manny actually deserves an easier fight, he has been fighting all the top guys for the last few years.
Marquez will beat Casamayor and Pac-man will beat Fatton setting up another showdown.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:19 pm

FightDr wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Hatton get his ass beat again and turned into a mess by Manny. I'll admit it.
Manny actually deserves an easier fight, he has been fighting all the top guys for the last few years.
Marquez will beat Casamayor and Pac-man will beat Fatton setting up another showdown.

Agree on all counts.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Return to The Rumble Room