Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Need local restaurant help!

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Need local restaurant help!

Unread postby Jon Cohodas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Although I have left the homeland, my parents still reside in Canton. They will be celebrating their 40th anniversary next week. I would like to set them up with some sort of gift certificate to a restaurant worthy of the occasion. Any ideas anywhere between Cleveland and Canton?
“I don’t care what he does with the ball because I know nine times out of 10, he’s going to make the play to win the ballgame.”
- Mike Brown on LeBron James
Jon Cohodas
Cavs Writer

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:33 pm

Depending on how much you want to spend, here's a couple suggestions.

There's a Carrabba's in North Canton. Very, very good.

http://www.carrabbas.com/

Three good restaraunts right by where I work in Beachwood, right off 271S at the Chagrin Road exit. Right in between Canton and Cleveland.

Seafood - Mitchells Fish Market
Chinese - PF Changs
Steak - Flemings

Mitchell's and Changs are $12-$25 a dinner, Flemings is going to be a little more expensive. Will likely need a $100 gift cert to get r dun there.

But the Holy Grail ... if they like Italian food: Giovanni's in Beachwood, same general location as the others. Again, you'd need a $75-$100 gift cert, but it is 5* Italian dining. Amazing cuisine, amazing ambience, phenomenal service.

Lemme know if you have any other questions, the Beachwood area is loaded with great restaraunts, and the location matches what you're looking for.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Jon Cohodas » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:41 am

Thanks, Rich. I had a feeling that you would be the one with the suggestions. This is just what I was looking for. Too bad my parents do not live in Beachwood anymore. I think I'll take a crack at Giovanni's anyway, and let them go at their leisure.
“I don’t care what he does with the ball because I know nine times out of 10, he’s going to make the play to win the ballgame.”
- Mike Brown on LeBron James
Jon Cohodas
Cavs Writer

Unread postby swerb » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:57 am

It is an incredible restaraunt. No costs spared, they have all the finest ingredients flown in from all over the world, and you will not get better service anywhere else.

And it's not going to cost you the $125-$15 that dinner for two at Hyde Park or Mortons would.

An appetizer, dinner, and a couple drinks for two can be had for under $100.

http://www.giovanniscleveland.com/
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Hey Jon!

Tim's Tavern and their fried fish is amazing, as is the fried chicken at the Hartville Kitchen.

Oh, you mean somehwre nice......
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry