Text Size

TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions

Profanity Question

Fire away! Your feedback is encouraged, and Swerb will address all questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns in here.

Moderators: The Tribe Zone, peeker643, swerb

Profanity Question

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 pm

What's the rules and regulations on swearing and content containing profanity?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: Profanity Question

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:What's the rules and regulations on swearing and content containing profanity?

It's allowed. Last thing I want to have to do is mod swearing or introduce one of those lame language filters.

That said, it's not open season. People dropping f bombs in every other post won't be tolerated.

What has happened so far is what I hoped would happen. Because we are cool about swearing, people are cool back and don't abuse it. And in the rare cases when people have, I'd prefer to personally handle it one on via pm rather than introducing rules regarding profanity.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Very cool.

I'm going to try to convert current CMB members over here. This place is really cool; people can talk sports and we also can talk some serious (and controversial) issues. And we can swear!

Good stuff.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions