Text Size

The Rumble Room

Kelly At The Q In September?

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Kelly At The Q In September?

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 am

Jesus H, make it happen.

Never been to a fight before despite being a big fan of the sport since I was a kid growing up, enamored by Tyson's ascent through the heavyweight ranks like a hot knife through butter.

http://www.cleveland.com/boxing/plainde ... xml&coll=2

If Pavlik-Calzaghe was to get made, Dunkin said it would be at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, likely on Oct. 18. If that one does not go, Pavlik wants to fight in Ohio, with Quicken Loans Arena in September at the top of the list.

Dunkin said possible opponents include Ronald "Winky" Wright, Ricardo Mayorga, Paul Williams and WBA champ Felix Sturm.

"Kelly doesn't need to go anywhere," said Dunkin. "He just needs to go to Ohio, and that's fine."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 am

Winky Wright? That dude hasn't fought in like 3 or 4 years.

Paul Williams? That would be a tough fight for anyone including Pavlik. I would love to see that a fight fan.

Seeing boxing live is something else, I hope this goes down.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 pm

FightDr wrote:Winky Wright? That dude hasn't fought in like 3 or 4 years.

Paul Williams? That would be a tough fight for anyone including Pavlik. I would love to see that a fight fan.

Seeing boxing live is something else, I hope this goes down.

You picture Pavlik/Paul Williams on a Sat night in September downtown? Night before a Browns home game maybe? That would be awesome.

He'd sell out the Q in about an hour. We'll be down close cuz.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm

That would be phenominal, him and Williams.

It really doesn't matter who he fights if it's here, it'll be a blast.
I just hope it's not a bunch of BS.

Unread postby krazylegz » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:19 pm

if edison miranda beats arthur abraham,i see maybe pavlik-miranda in cleveland....if not,i believe kelly SHOULD fight king arthur (which would take place in europe or las vegas).....if abraham wins and they really wanna push for cleveland,pavlik would fight probably mayorga or rubio close to home
krazylegz

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 pm

krazylegz wrote:if edison miranda beats arthur abraham,i see maybe pavlik-miranda in cleveland....if not,i believe kelly SHOULD fight king arthur (which would take place in europe or las vegas).....if abraham wins and they really wanna push for cleveland,pavlik would fight probably mayorga or rubio close to home

Based on how bad Kelly beat the living shit out of Miranda, I just can't see Pavlik/Miranda II. At least not here in 2008.

I'd rather see that fight that some of the other meatballs being proposed. Their styles guarantee an exciting and very violent fight. Just can't see a rematch happening this soon. Hope I'm wrong. Pavlik would kill Mayorga or Rubio, and it likely wouldn't take much longer than it took him to dispatch that poor sap Lockett.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby tribefan333 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Swerb I've never been to a fight either - that'd be a DREAM.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Al Bernstein just says on Showtime that an Arthur Abraham win tonight could set up a mega fight with Kelly in the fall.

In Cleveland, Ohio.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:26 pm

FWIW

I attended a banquet last night and Pavlik was one of the celebrity guests. I had a chance to chat with him for a few minutes and asked who his next opponent will be.

He specifically mentioned Mayorga, Wright, and Calzaghe. I was surprised Calzaghe was mentioned, and I said that Joe wants nothing to do with him. Kelly said "it still might happen, just not in Cleveland." He said Rubio was out. I didnt have a chance to ask about Abraham...but, by him not bringing him up, it seems that AA won't be next for Kelly.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Could you picture what Kelly would do to Mayorga? In front of a hometown throng?

Bring some extra cigarettes Ricardo ...

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 pm

wow, i think i just pissed my self, i want this sooooo bad, can u imagine that....... pllllease let this happen
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:53 pm

You put Pavlik vs. Mayorga with Abraham vs. Marquez as the undercard. In Cleveland. Both Pavlik and Abraham should win in colorful fashion, building a buzz for Pavlik vs. Abraham in early 09.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Lebowski wrote:You put Pavlik vs. Mayorga with Abraham vs. Marquez as the undercard. In Cleveland. Both Pavlik and Abraham should win in colorful fashion, building a buzz for Pavlik vs. Abraham in early 09.

I like it Lebowski. One more easy cash for both these guys, on the same card. Abraham says he is here in America to stay. Both the matchups make sense.

One problem. Pavlik = HBO, Abraham = Showtime .... no?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't think Abraham is exclusive with one network.
He's hardly been on TV at all.
Money talks.

Unread postby krazylegz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:22 am

Abraham/Pavlik in cleveland??...not sure about that...they will put a scrub in front of kelly at home and arthur wouldnt fight here (ohio) in a million years!!...they would either fight overseas or a big venue ala mgm or msg
krazylegz

Return to The Rumble Room