Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Chipotle

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Chipotle

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:55 pm

I swear to God, they put heroin in the food there.

In 29.5 years of life on this planet, I have never been as addicted to food from anywhere else. There are just certain days I have to have it, and I will kill anyone in my path if needbe.

The hot salsa rocks, steak and chicken always grilled fresh and spicy, the lime taste to the rice, the homemade guac, the salty homemade chips.

I'm just starting the process of looking for a new house, and I am seriously checking for the nearest Chipotle location of any potential home.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:13 pm

You have some serious problems
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby GreatGoo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:45 pm

Swerbs, I'm telling ya. I'll really like your style.

1.) Boulder Creek is my fav golf course in NE OHIO

2.) Chips has the best food on the planet. Last year it got so bad i had to stop myself from going. First is was embarrassing that the girl working there knew my order by heart and she would make it once i entered door. Secondly its not the healthiest food in the world.

But i have made up my mind. After work I'm going to stop by chips get my burrito and try to recover from my full stomach while i lay on my couch and watch the tribe game. :wink:
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:25 pm

Goo, Boulder Creek and Chipotle is a helluva combo.

Tore it up again tonight, and the wife is officially hooked now too.

And I dispute the fact that its not healthy. At this point in my life, I actually think of it as health food if I get the Burrito Bowl with no cheese, sour cream, and guac ... and chicken instead of steak.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby GreatGoo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:23 pm

U get the bowl you dont get the burrito?

Yeah thats a ton healthier!

P.S.- How do i get a avator for my user name? Doesnt seem to work when i try.
GreatGoo

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:10 pm

greatgoo wrote:U get the bowl you dont get the burrito?

Yeah thats a ton healthier!

P.S.- How do i get a avator for my user name? Doesnt seem to work when i try.

Goo, I switch off between the bowl and the burrito.

For your avatar, go to yoru profile, and upload it in the bottom section. The pic can only be so big or it will give you an error message.

If you are still having troubles, post the pic in here and I will try and upload it for you.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby GreatGoo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:54 pm

Thanks! :D
GreatGoo

Unread postby GreatGoo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:17 am

Can you put this as my avatar? i cant get it to work? :?:

I appreciate it!
GreatGoo

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:35 am

Goo, for some reason it won't let me do it from work. I made myself a note, and will update it from home this week.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby GreatGoo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:09 am

Thanks i appreciate it! :lol:
GreatGoo

Unread postby GreatGoo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:57 pm

Scratch that.

I would like this one please.

THANKS! :wink:
GreatGoo

Unread postby GreatGoo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:00 pm

Nevermind that didnt work.

I'm lookng for a picture with brown and a msu jersey on
GreatGoo

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi, my name is Mike and I am addicted to Chipotle. The worst part is that I brought my wife down into my twisted little world too.

My only beef with Chipotle is that it gets pricey when your habbit is as bad as mine (4-5 times per week). I was getting ready to sell my first born into the mills when I figured, hey I am going to give making this stuff at home a try. Much to my surprise I was extremely successful.

I am no retard around a kitchen. My ribs are the best I have ever tasted, I make my own salsa, chili, pasta sauces, wings and all manner of things. I really enjoy cooking as long as it is not from a box. So anyway here is the point of my post, I am going to share the secrets of Chipotle, Furlan-style. Rich, if you want to try this out and put it on the front page, I don't mind, but I dont want you to turn this place into a sewing circle.

The key ingredients:

Chicken
Pinto Beans
Rice
Sour Cream
Pico
Cheese.

The nice part of this whole process is that you really only need to make 3 items, Chicken, Rice, and Pico. The rest you can buy at the store.

Chicken: Go to the store and get your self a package of chicken breasts (one package with 3 breasts is enough for about 10 burritos). Now all you need to do is cube the chicken (cut it into little bite size pieces). Use a sharp knife or this will get messy. Then make your chipotle marinade.

Marinade is as follows: 1 part vinegar to 1 part oil (about 1/2 cup of each will be plenty). Add a teaspoon of minced garlic (or one crushed diced pulped clove) and 4 canned chipotle peppers (cut them up really fine) and a serious sprinkling of black pepper. Marinade for at least an hour if you can.

Cook the chicken: Take the bowl of marinaded chicken cubes and dump it into a sauce pan at medium heat, try not to dump in a ton of liquid if you can avoid it and save some of the excess marinade for later. Cook the chicken cubes like you would brown ground beef, this should take about 5-10 minutes. Cook until the cubes are white through out. Now that chicken is finished cooking turn the heat up to medium high and cook off the excess marinade on the chicken, this finishing will sere the seaonings on to the chicken and give it that smoky taste. Congratulations, you have finished the hard part.

Rice: This is simple. Chop up a head of cilantro, cut it as fine as you can. That is the green stuff you see in the chipotle rice. Once you smell the cilantro you will know it is definetly a key ingredient. Follow your rice directions on the Uncle Ben's box, but make sure to add the cilantro into the water before you start boiling it. Congratulations you have finished the rice.

Pico: That is the red stuff you put in your burrito. I do not know how Chipotle makes their pico, but I can tell you how I do it. I use some of the left over scraps of cilantro and mix it with a very finely diced tomato. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and about 1/4 of a very finely diced onion.

That is it, next time you go to chipotle, pay close attention to how they roll the burritos, it is tougher than it looks.

Here is a shopping list:

Box of Rice
1 pkg of chicken (3 bucks)
1 can of chipotle peppers (1.50 can use one can for 2 batches)
1 tomato (< 1 buck)
1 onion (<1 buck)
1 head of cilantro (pbly by your lettuce) (1.00)
1 pack of extra large tortillas (2.00)
1 container of sour cream (2.00)
1 package of mexican cheese (2.50)
1 can of pinto beans (1.50)

I am presuming that most people will have the following items:

vinegar
oil/olive oil
black pepper
garlic

This will cost you about 15 bucks, probably less if you have the chicken and some of the other ingredients already. In case you were wondering, 3 burritos from chipotle will cost you $16.80. I make this about once a week. I save all the extra chicken, rice, and beans and make burritos throughout the week to take to work. I figure each burrito I make this way ends up costing me about 1.50 (1/4 the price of chipotle) and I actually prefer mine. I add 1/2 of a chile habenero to the marinade to really give mine some SERIOUS bite and it does not significantly alter the flavor.

Regards,
Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:45 pm

Furls, great post. I just printed this bad mother out.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby sandlot33 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 pm

I became seriously addicted to Chipolte for 2 years...I ate it almost every day and would eat it twice in a day sometimes....needless to say i gained 80 pounds and am now trying to lose this fat I have gained...I haved turned into a burrito myself
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:43 pm

Chipotle is food sex. I deal on Chipotle like a wierd 30 something female who stays home with her 9 cats to watch Gray's Anatomy reruns on saturday nite deals on chocolate.

My only complaint is that unlike Baja Fresh or Qudoba they don't have a salsa bar. Minor, but a salsa bar would complete it. Rubios is SoCal is dope, too.

Love the meskin grill new texmex like chipotle.

How do they get their chicken to taste so good?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Lebowski » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Qdoba set up this semster on the ground floor in my apt...iI'm literally 3 steps from their front door....it's been an ugly semester.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby docstank » Tue May 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Over a year ago I read this post and wondered what the hype was all about, two years later I too am an adict. Printing out the recipe in hopes that the staff at Chipotle will not attempt to hold an intervention on my behalf. I swear it is the f'in chicken!!
docstank

Unread postby jb » Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 pm

docstank wrote:Over a year ago I read this post and wondered what the hype was all about, two years later I too am an adict. Printing out the recipe in hopes that the staff at Chipotle will not attempt to hold an intervention on my behalf. I swear it is the f'in chicken!!

Hillarious that this pops back up.

It miht be the chicken....if the barbacoa beef weren't exactly as addictive.

I've also had Q doh buh and hell if I could tell either apart! Both are awesome.

Anyone been to Moe's SW grill? Is it as good? Again, my ony dilike of Chipotle and Q'doba is they lack salsa bars. I hear Moe's has one.

I'd give up body parts for a Rubio's (from SD area) to come to NEO. Salsa bar from heaven.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 25, 2008 9:43 pm

I actually just had a rather disappointing experience at a Chipotle's.

I was next in line and the girl behind the counter told the customer in front of me it would be like 10-15 minutes to complete his order b/c, get this, they didn't have any rice?

What?

I asked the girl to repeat what she said b/c I couldn't believe my ears. I said how do you not have enough rice, you put rice on every freakin thing you serve in this place every day...there should be a freakin conveyor belt coming directly from China running 24/7 b/c Chipotle's goes through so much rice.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Tue May 27, 2008 12:08 pm

FUDU wrote:I actually just had a rather disappointing experience at a Chipotle's.

I was next in line and the girl behind the counter told the customer in front of me it would be like 10-15 minutes to complete his order b/c, get this, they didn't have any rice?

What?

I asked the girl to repeat what she said b/c I couldn't believe my ears. I said how do you not have enough rice, you put rice on every freakin thing you serve in this place every day...there should be a freakin conveyor belt coming directly from China running 24/7 b/c Chipotle's goes through so much rice.

Maybe this is why and they ran out? :P :-P :razz:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/24/BUUR10AOLH.DTL
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 27, 2008 8:12 pm

Chipotle's is ok. Its no Baja Fresh though. My favorite Mexican cusine comes from a small joint on OSU's campus. Good 'ol Labamba's home of the "burrito as big as your head" for $6 w/ chips/salsa and a drink. Cant be beat.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Real men eat burritos.

Chipotle is awesome. Not as addicted as I used to be, but a great eat.

I have a friend who pronounces it Chipolte and I want to kill him everytime he says it. I'm not sure if he really can't say it or he just deliberately says it like that. Either way, I wanna punch him in the tooth.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby General » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Anyone ever try the burritos from the little shop in the basement of "The Loft" at KSU. We used to drive from Mayfield Hts. just to get those things.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:56 pm

WTF? I go to the Loft all the time (well, at least during the school year) and I never knew they sold burritos down there. The only thing edible I had down there were pretzel sticks. Mmmmmmm.... pretzel sticks.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 pm

General wrote:Anyone ever try the burritos from the little shop in the basement of "The Loft" at KSU. We used to drive from Mayfield Hts. just to get those things.

That was Taco Tonto's. Best burritoes made by lesbians on the planet. They are still there, just around the corner on water street near Ray's Place. And yes, they are amazing because they are baked in a real pizza oven. El Biggo Combo Burrito + olives + sour creme rivals Cipotle, but in a different way.

The tortilla is fuckin' amazing baked.

General, if you ever want to do Kent and get a Taco Tonto's , hit me with a PM. I'm so there. Loft $ 2 happy hour pizza at 3PM + Taco Tontoes at 9pm + Old School Street Treat GYro Cart Man at 12am + Jerry's diner burger or Omlette at 3am = no hangover no matter how much you drank - if you slept in.

BTW - The Loft is the first bar I ever drank legally in, so it has a huge sentimental value for me. Look carefully and you'll find my carved initials.
jb

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Chipotle is alright, but if you're ever in the Boston area...nothing compares to Super Carnitas burrito from Anna's Taqueria.

I also remember visting a friend at tOSU and enjoying a "Burrito As Big As Your Head" - but don't remember the name of the place.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 pm

I also remember visting a friend at tOSU and enjoying a "Burrito As Big As Your Head" - but don't remember the name of the place.

LaBamba's its still my favorite place. Open late after the bars close.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 pm

I've never had Chipotle's

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Hilarious.

So Rich has never seen ANY of the Indiana Jones movies, Fight Dr. has never eaten Chipotles, and a few of us in here have never frank a cup of coffee.

FUDU

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

LaBamba's its still my favorite place. Open late after the bars close.

They have three different sizes of burrito. The largest is impossible to eat in one sitting. Great place. Though the mural inside of burrito's playing football inside the Shoe is rather disturbing.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 am

Add me to the list of people who have never had coffee.
The smell makes me want to vomit.

Unread postby mswerb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:18 pm

I have been on that list for qiute some time now.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:57 pm

FightDr wrote:The smell makes me want to vomit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that may be said about many things; though once enjoyed it is difficult to stop. :-) :smile: :)
mattvan1

Re: Chipotle

Unread postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I am offically on the bandwagon.
I went last Sunday for the very first time and got 2 tacos, one chicken and one steak and thought it was just okay.
Went back today to make sure, got a burrito bowl. Steak and chicken, double meat.
I'm sold.
Chipotle has a new fan.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Never been to or heard of Chipotle's. On the random "never had" conversation,

I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Never been to or heard of Chipotle's. On the random "never had" conversation,

:bunny:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Never been to or heard of Chipotle's. On the random "never had" conversation,

Bayou are you even from this planet, never seen Star Wars? Saying you were a virgin would sound less strange.

FUDU

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Bayou are you even from this planet, never seen Star Wars?

I catch crap from everyone I know about that. I'm not sure why really, but for some reason I've just never got around to watching them. I think since I've got the chance I am going to watch them in sequence of the storyline as opposed to release date, just to get a different perspective.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:47 pm

I HATE chipotle, the rice is disgusting and their is too much of it, the meat is ridiculously spicy, the employees (at least the ones in Solon) and sooo impatient when ordering (because i didnt know what to get). They have their own lingo and it pisses me off, because if you dont understand it, they dont want to explain it. Qdoba is 10x better.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby diminishingskills » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:20 pm

FightDr wrote:I am offically on the bandwagon.
I went last Sunday for the very first time and got 2 tacos, one chicken and one steak and thought it was just okay.
Went back today to make sure, got a burrito bowl. Steak and chicken, double meat.
I'm sold.
Chipotle has a new fan.

Well done. You should start getting the withdrawal shakes any moment now.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 am

if you really like your chipotle spicy, try the barbacoa with the hot sauce & black beans. yum!!! just be sure to have some liquid refreshment standing by. yee-haw!!!

:twisted:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:I HATE chipotle, the rice is disgusting and their is too much of it, the meat is ridiculously spicy, the employees (at least the ones in Solon) and sooo impatient when ordering (because i didnt know what to get). They have their own lingo and it pisses me off, because if you dont understand it, they dont want to explain it. Qdoba is 10x better.

Ok, here i go.....So i went back to chipotle the next day with a group of guys from work. I was pissed we were going there, but i was starving so i had no choice. I had the burrito made exactly how i wanted it, and oh my freakin god...it was soooo good. I was thinking maybe it was a fluke and the food was still terrible, so i was like "ill go back another time to see if this place is the real deal". Well, another time was the next day and i woke up craving it. I had it for lunch, and wanted it again for dinner (resisted though). I want it all the time, and im seriously convinced that they put crack in their food. :hide:
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:50 pm

It has been almost 3 months, and i am offically a full blown addict
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby Stu » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 am

my goal at chipotle is to have them stuff so much food in in the burrito that they require an extra burrito shell. had it happen once or twice, usually they just need extra foil to cover it all.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby Guest » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:51 am

I took a few weeks off, but I will be having it today.
A nice holiday treat for myself.

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I have always had a serious loyalty to Chipotle, love the food. Once in college I ate it 9 times in 7 days (it was included in our meal plan). I knew the ladies at the coventry Chipotle so well I didnt show up for about a month after I graduated and they asked why I explained I didnt have it paid for through the meal plan and she gave me coupons for about 50 free burritos. So that explains my love for Chipotle, However...

I just went to Qdoba today for lunch (free coupon for my birthday, sign up its free). Anyways I had the Ancho Chile BBQ Burrito with pork and it was out of this world. Chipotle isnt even close. Absolutely delicious. I think I am hooked on that now.

Our newest signature burrito features slow roasted pork that's been simmered slowly in a blend of tangy tomatillos, jalapenos, garlic, and fresh lime juice, then topped with our sweet, mexican style BBQ sauce peppered with hints of dried chilies, hickory, and smoked mesquite

Topped the bastard with some verde and corn salsas, little cheese, sour cream and it was heaven on earth. Got some chips and got the fiery habanero salsa (pretty hot, great flavor). What a meail :yes:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re:

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Swerb wrote:Goo, for some reason it won't let me do it from work. I made myself a note, and will update it from home this week.

Dear Mr. Swerbinsky,
This is your boss. Please see me in my office at closing time today. There are reports that you are not focused on your primary duties here at work. We need to discuss your future in the organization. And by the way, bring your keys, parking pass and health club membership card to the meeting. We will ship your personal items to you.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 pm

never goin there again. made my ass bleed
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 pm

jordan kramer wrote:never goin there again. made my ass bleed

Maybe you just cant handle that hot sauce :nanner:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Next

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry