Text Size

The 19th Hole

Golf Gambling Games

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Golf Gambling Games

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 23, 2008 9:25 am

You can't golf without gambling, can you? It's part of what makes the game so great.

What golf gambling games do you play? I play golf each year with a lot of different people, and it seems like everyone has their own unique games they like to play.

I'm actually going to add a golf gambling games page to www.CTownGolf.com and would love to hear any suggestions on things to add to it from readers.

Me? Skins is a no brainer. We play $1-$3 carryover skins, have to at least par the hole to win. Birdies are an extra skin. We also play greens in regulation are an additional skin if you par the hole and also take the skin.

Also like to play some kind of nassau. If you got a foursome, play two on two, either aggregate score or best ball. Match play, can press the bet if you're behind.

Also, another favorite. The Snake.

First person to three putt in the round is the snake. You remain the snake until someone else three putts. Last person to three putt ends the round as the snake, and pays all other members in the group $10 at the end of the round.

Best part about this bet is the taunting. Hit a ball just on the edge of the green, leaving yourself a long putt? Staring down a 12 foot second putt? Get ready to hear "ssssssssssss" (snake sound) quietly in the background from your fellow competitors.

Variation of this bet is "The Snake, The Bear, & The Fish". Bear is last guy in the woods. Fish is last guy in the water.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Having worked on the golf staff at a prestigous golf club for several years, Nassau ($2 or $5, bestball matches) is by far the most popular game I see.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Return to The 19th Hole