Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Lebron

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Lebron

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:35 am

All Star game MVP, the youngest ever
What a stud

Unread postby furls » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:20 am

That game last night was a real treat. The NBA all-star game is clearly the greatest of the big 4 because it seems like teams really care about winning.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:55 am

Yes, that was one of the best All-Star games I ever remember watching.

LBJ and McGrady both came into that game with an MVP or Bust mindset, and it was great to see the East hang on and LeBron get the award. LeBron mauled McGradys arm on that last shot, but no call no foul.

And how bout the Pistons? Those guys seized control of the game during both their stretches playing together, once in the 1H and once in the second. Running their own plays, defending like mothers.

1st of what will likely be many All Star game MVP trophies for Bron ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:23 pm

Classic column from The Sports Guy about his experiences at All Star weekend. Whole column is great and worth the read. Check the following portion about LeBron ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/060220

On Friday afternoon, Sony invited me and a few other writers to hang out with LeBron as he played NBA '06 on a PlayStation 2, even giving me the chance to play against him. Of course, because we were in Houston and the guy with the PlayStation consoles got caught in traffic for an hour, we ended up watching LeBron play on a PSP for 30 minutes while he halfheartedly answered questions, finally getting up to leave, saying, "Bron Bron has other priorities," before they reminded him that he had to give us 10 more minutes. That was awkward.

With that, he took a seat and loosened up; I actually ended up liking him, although he definitely seems a little full of himself. (Can you blame him?) We learned that he's a "Madden" guy, that he beats up on everyone on the Cavs, that he owns three different iPods, that he "can't go nowhere without my iPod and my cell phone chargers," that he still thinks Detroit and San Antonio are the teams to beat, that he thinks the Cavs can play with anyone and that the toughest guys in the league for him to guard are Paul Pierce and Kobe.

Well, you know me -- I wasn't satisfied with any of these answers. So when someone asked him what other sports he watched, LeBron mentioned that he liked tennis, leading me to make the obligatory "men's or women's?" joke. This was followed by LeBron's making the obligatory frown and saying, "Women's ... I don't like men," and confessing that Maria Sharapova was his favorite player. I joked that he should go after her because they would be America's new power couple, which was followed by LeBron's nodding and saying -- in all seriousness -- "That day might present itself."

(Honestly? LeBron seemed more motivated about landing Sharapova than taking the Cavs to the Finals. And who can blame him? He's now my favorite non-Celtic. I'm that easy.)
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA